Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

drawing under the influence

[be...]

When I was on anxiolitics and antidepressants, I started to draw. A doctor friend of mine thought it was good therapy and offered me some software and hardware to give more oumpf to my drawings. A nephew asked me if I would stop drawing when I would stop the medication. That happened indeed, then I got again in trouble, but I am mainly on anxiolitics, far fewer drawings and more morbid, to the point where I destroyed a number. Anyway, surprisingly I got a few awards and if you like you may go and have a look at my site kibazen.com

I hope that when I completely withdraw from klonopin I will get back to more cheerful drawings.

If you have the time and the inclination tell me what you think. I would also of course be happy to hear from people who did some artwork while "under the influence" of benzos or similar medications.

All the best

I have no artistic talent for drawing or painting. However, I do love to write and sing. I don't sing very well, but I found on benzos that I sang worse and less often. Way less often. My writing was cut way back too. I pretty much wrote only the things that I have written here and in my journal. Post benzo, my writing is slowly coming back. In fact, I have a short story in the works that I will be attempting to present to Chicken Soup  or Guideposts.

hi, i am wandering around the forum tonight and landed on your art post, went toyour website.

i think your work is very cool!!! and i hope for you that you can get back into it again after your

full withdrawal from benzos. one i like a lot is 'rock around the clock'...thankyou for the exhibit. :thumbsup:

• 4 years later...

I have that talent too,,,I can draw any Disney princess so precise,,,,,

My daughter is torturing me,,,please draw these ones for my friends,,,,,