Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

IRS SCAM

[Bi...]

I just got called by a scammer that said he was from the IRS and I would go to prison if I did not call back.  Not fun when your in b/z recovery!

I googled the return phone number that the fake officer gave me "347-584-8878" and everyone said it was a total scam.

What a scare!  Do not be fooled by these phone calls. 

Anyone else had one of these calls?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Bi...]

• [Be...]

• [Ph...]

I've gotten them a few times. Actually I got one a couple days ago. Some of the scam calls I've received: purchase a "warranty" on my car, IRS, PBA, and plenty of "do you want to buy medications?" calls.

Becky

I've gotten them a few times. Actually I got one a couple days ago. Some of the scam calls I've received: purchase a "warranty" on my car, IRS, PBA, and plenty of "do you want to buy medications?" calls.

Becky

That reminds me I got many calls from online pharmacies trying to sell me xanax.  I wonder how many people get suckered into that one?

Becky

That reminds me I got many calls from online pharmacies trying to sell me xanax.  I wonder how many people get suckered into that one?

there are many many fake gg249 circulating in USA and Canada that contain no xanax in them. This dude I know bought some and sent them to a lab and they contained phenazepam and butyl fentany so do NOT risk anything please. 

They hit me up 5 days in a row. It was a voice recording with the agents name and the number to call.

I was informed by my CPA that the IRS will *NEVER* contact you by phone. 

MAJOR SCAM GOING ON!  :tickedoff:

FB

Becky

there are many many fake gg249 circulating in USA and Canada that contain no xanax in them. This dude I know bought some and sent them to a lab and they contained phenazepam and butyl fentany so do NOT risk anything please.

phenazepam and butyl fentany, just nasty!  Thanks for the heads up.

It's rare that I check my email and don't find some kind of scam.  And I've stopped answering my cell phone unless I see a caller ID that I recognize.  We're swimming in a sea of sharks.  Then there's the food and herbal products pouring in from China.  Stay away from that stuff.  Then there are the borderline legal scams in regular advertising, just listen to your car radio, let me fix your prostate!  Everybody's got a deal for you, such a deal!  Fast-talkers.  Capitalism running amok.  On top of that add the endless political ads...geeze.

Becky

phenazepam and butyl fentany, just nasty!  Thanks for the heads up.

no problemo.  Birdy

It's rare that I check my email and don't find some kind of scam.  And I've stopped answering my cell phone unless I see a caller ID that I recognize.  We're swimming in a sea of sharks.  Then there's the food and herbal products pouring in from China.  Stay away from that stuff.  Then there are the borderline legal scams in regular advertising, just listen to your car radio, let me fix your prostate!  Everybody's got a deal for you, such a deal!  Fast-talkers.  Capitalism running amok.  On top of that add the endless political ads...geeze.

I have noticed a trend that the big companies can't be trusted either. They are getting really BAD in this post  "depression #2 era".  I did a deal with ATT for 5 phones for only  $129.00 a month on a 3 year contract with 5 free phones.  The girl on the phone said the ONLY fee I would see is $129.00 a month with no hidden fees.  Opened my credit card statement and got stuck with $2100.00 for the "free" Iphones.  They used trickery in their sale pitch and kept a recording of it. 

If its too good to be true it probably is. :'( :'( :'(

I never answer my landline phone anymore, only when I recognize the number. I get at least one scammer a day. The scammer pharmacy one time asked if I take any medications. I said that I do not and asked the guy if he did lol. Another time they called and asked me if I wanted klonapin of all things.

Becky

I never answer my landline phone anymore, only when I recognize the number. I get at least one scammer a day. The scammer pharmacy one time asked if I take any medications. I said that I do not and asked the guy if he did lol. Another time they called and asked me if I wanted klonapin of all things.

Becky

Shocking.  I got rid of all my land lines 7 years ago. We have been a 100% "Cell only" family for 7 years and love it.  Wires suck!  I just wish the cell phone companies where not so dishonest with their  trickery.

Becky

Shocking.  I got rid of all my land lines 7 years ago. We have been a 100% "Cell only" family for 7 years and love it.  Wires suck!  I just wish the cell phone companies where not so dishonest with their  trickery.

all major corporations are leaches and should be their CEO's should be put in gulags to work for Lord Putin.  Only through communism will we be free of the oppression in America. 

I just got called by a scammer that said he was from the IRS and I would go to prison if I did not call back.  Not fun when your in b/z recovery!

I googled the return phone number that the fake officer gave me "347-584-8878" and everyone said it was a total scam.

What a scare!  Do not be fooled by these phone calls. 

Anyone else had one of these calls?

Kind of alarmed me first time I got the call then I said wait a minute why would they "warn" me about sending me to prison, I always thought they liked surprises.  Gotta have enough income to evade before they send you to prison.

Sweet pea

Becky

all major corporations are leaches and should be their CEO's should be put in gulags to work for Lord Putin.  Only through communism will we be free of the oppression in America.

I was brain washed to hate Communism but after spending 80 days total on 5 trips to China I'd say they have way more freedom than we Westerns are in many ways. If fact the more time I spend in China the more Fascist the West looks to me.  But I will always default to the country with the least gun control.  Show me one case of the genocide of an armed populous? None.  Just saying.  When it comes to mass murder governments still hold the number #1 spot.

Becky

I was brain washed to hate Communism but after spending 80 days total on 5 trips to China I'd say they have way more freedom than we Westerns are in many ways. If fact the more time I spend in China the more Fascist the West looks to me.  But I will always default to the country with the least gun control.  Show me one case of the genocide of an armed populous? None.  Just saying.  When it comes to mass murder governments still hold the number #1 spot.

<<"I was brain washed to hate Communism but after spending 80 days total on 5 trips to China I'd say they have way more freedom than we Westerns are in many ways.">>

That's a very interesting observation, Birdman.  In what ways does it appear that Chinese citizens have more freedom than us Westerners?

Becky

<<"I was brain washed to hate Communism but after spending 80 days total on 5 trips to China I'd say they have way more freedom than we Westerns are in many ways.">>

That's a very interesting observation, Birdman.  In what ways does it appear that Chinese citizens have more freedom than us Westerners?

Mainly in the "PERMISSION" department.    If you want to build a house you build it as big and tall as you like.  No need for building permits.  If you want to turn your home into a restaurant DONE just do it.  If you want to turn your rice field into a manufacturing complex you do it.  What you do with your land is your own business. 

Also if you do not want to be forced out of your home you just stay! (Nail homes)  THAT'S REAL POWER OF THE PEOPLE!  So many more ways but it's too much to talk about.  It just seems that us westerners have to ask a government agency for permission every-time we want to pick are nose. 

It's also not uncommon in China for people to beat up police officers who are accused of local corruption and abuse of power, their federal government considers it fair justice and turns the other way.  All local affairs are handled by the locals period! In China the police work for the locals and the local laws or else there is hell to pay!!!!!!!! In the west we conduct ourselves like sheep under the thumb of every rule and regulation that we had no part in contracting too. We vote for a corrupt politician and let them screw us and call it democracy.  NOT IN CHINA where bad and corrupt laws are dealt with quickly and VERY actively. They are not called ASIAN TIGERS for nothing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peoplesdaily/article-3349022/Stubborn-landowners-cause-dramatic-change-path-Chinese-motorway-refuse-move.html

It's a different world, not perfect but they are getting there slowly.

Becky

Mainly in the "PERMISSION" department.    If you want to build a house you build it as big and tall as you like.  No need for building permits.  If you want to turn your home into a restaurant DONE just do it.  If you want to turn your rice field into a manufacturing complex you do it.  What you do with your land is your own business. 

Also if you do not want to be forced out of your home you just stay! (Nail homes)  THAT'S REAL POWER OF THE PEOPLE!  So many more ways but it's too much to talk about.  It just seems that us westerners have to ask a government agency for permission every-time we want to pick are nose. 

It's also not uncommon in China for people to beat up police officers who are accused of local corruption and abuse of power, their federal government considers it fair justice and turns the other way.  All local affairs are handled by the locals period! In China the police work for the locals and the local laws or else there is hell to pay!!!!!!!! In the west we conduct ourselves like sheep under the thumb of every rule and regulation that we had no part in contracting too. We vote for a corrupt politician and let them screw us and call it democracy.  NOT IN CHINA where bad and corrupt laws are dealt with quickly and VERY actively. They are not called ASIAN TIGERS for nothing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peoplesdaily/article-3349022/Stubborn-landowners-cause-dramatic-change-path-Chinese-motorway-refuse-move.html

It's a different world, not perfect but they are getting there slowly.

Thanks for explaining that, very interesting!  Years ago I saw a shocking video clip of a small group of Chinese officials inspecting a site where a family was building a home or a structure for a business, building something anyway.  An argument was taking place.  An older member of the family, a man, looked quite upset over the whole thing.  He snuck up behind one of the inspectors and bashed him in the head with a shovel.  The inspector collapsed and died.

In a perfect world, communism would work, where everyone shares equally and no one covets or steals or is dishonest.  Won't happen on this earth. 

In a perfect world, communism would work, where everyone shares equally and no one covets or steals or is dishonest.  Won't happen on this earth.

True,  I just found it interesting that they have many advantages we do not have and vise versa. No prefect system of managing people and societies has been found yet.  I have yet to find a country I could feel a strong sense of nationalism for.    Corruption and greed are the great destroyers of any system.

I have noticed a trend that the big companies can't be trusted either. They are getting really BAD in this post  "depression #2 era".  I did a deal with ATT for 5 phones for only  $129.00 a month on a 3 year contract with 5 free phones.  The girl on the phone said the ONLY fee I would see is $129.00 a month with no hidden fees.  Opened my credit card statement and got stuck with $2100.00 for the "free" Iphones.  They used trickery in their sale pitch and kept a recording of it. 

AT&T is notorious for things like that. They are also the highest priced carrier. Rip off artists. I saw that scam coming my way and ran like hell, as I knew they would charge me for five phones. Also, nobody from the federal government will ever call you. Never. Everything is done via mail.

AT&T is notorious for things like that. They are also the highest priced carrier. Rip off artists. I saw that scam coming my way and ran like hell, as I knew they would charge me for five phones. Also, nobody from the federal government will ever call you. Never. Everything is done via mail.

A free market and legitimate advertising are great things as long as the society as a whole accepts certain rules and standards, like for example "just tell the truth."  But ethics is out of style now, so yesterday.  The very term "values" is mocked and laughed at.  You have "values?"  What are you, some kind of nut?  Erase the rules of conduct, muddle the definitions of right and wrong, and you get a deteriorating, confused society, which is just what we have now.

A free market and legitimate advertising are great things as long as the society as a whole accepts certain rules and standards, like for example "just tell the truth."  But ethics is out of style now, so yesterday.  The very term "values" is mocked and laughed at.  You have "values?"  What are you, some kind of nut?  Erase the rules of conduct, muddle the definitions of right and wrong, and you get a deteriorating, confused society, which is just what we have now.

It's sad that a few bad eggs ruin everything. Then you need police, courts, jails, more taxes etc.  In days past families policed families, neighborhoods policed neighborhoods, towns policed towns and cities policed cities.

It all starts with a well functioning family and that's a rare thing these days.  Many say the break down of religion started the break down of the family, in that case the human race may need a generic "OPERATOR'S MANUAL" and one not based on the Communist manifesto which has become the default "go-to" answer book for 3.3 billion people (need to include countries like India that are Communist by democratic vote as they win the most seats)  We failed the collectivism experiment so it's time for something new!  I like the idea of a RESOURCE BASED society with highly localized laws. That may work :)  Google it.

In the mean time;

The phase of the day is: -  Caveat emptor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caveat_emptor