Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Favorite rock band right now.

[ti...]

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to take "right now" as the operative phrase and make my choice the most recent great LPs I know.

Fleet Foxes

• 1 year later...

Pink Floyd, The Who, Jethro Tul, Metallica, Rammstein, Alice in Chains, Marilyn Manson......and more!

Used to like Metallica and Marilyn Manson so much. Marilyn Manson doesn’t exactly help one create a positive outlook on life, does it? I guess my fav songs were “Sweet Dreams” and “Lunchbox”. Almost everything by Metallica really. Most stuff by Marilyn Manson.

Today: The Rolling Stones, Guns N’Roses, U2, Van Halen, Smashing Pumpkins, Aerosmith, REM, Metallica, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Motorhead, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Linkin Park, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Iron Maiden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Alice in Chains etc. etc. etc. More songs than bands, really. Almost everything by The Rolling Stones. They’re perfect, IMO. Nirvana and Linkin Park impossible to listen to. Cause of suicides. Sex Pistols impossible to watch. Cause of Sid Vicious. Their only record possible to listen to, cause no Sid. Only Steve Jones.

I remember that even back in 1994, I could no longer listen to Nirvana at all. Started listening to REM back then. It helped.

Kurt was a great composer, singer and guitar player. I really don’t understand what happened. I know he was a heroin addict and mentally unstable. But there are many unstable and addicted musicians still around. There were some reports on TV, I was just a kid, wasn’t even in the US. It was all so shocking. I wonder if that wife of his had sth to do with his death. She seems like a strong, destructive personality. In spite of her own addiction.

The thing with Kurt is that he always had a considerable amount of self-hate. A very gentle soul and a very fragile one. He always had lots of stomach pains that no stomach medicine could cure and felt ill-health. In his interviews, he said that he turned to heroin as it really helped with his stomach pain. So, in a way, his relationship with heroin was not destructive at first. I think it became destructive much later on. I think Kurt had a dependent personality and was naturally attracted to Courtney. He had a girlfriend before Courtney (Tracy Marander), but they were kind of equals, really. He always remembered her as his most dear ex-girlfriend he ever had. On some level, I think he really regretted that breakup (not sure who initiated it). I remember Tracy later said in an interview that Kurt was nowhere near heroin when they were dating. I don't know at what point Kurt started taking heroin, but it was well before he met Courtney.

Courtney was not a good choice for Kurt, and she introduced him to benzos (Rohypnol, Klonopin). I think it's the klonopin that made him even more unstable on top of heroin. But yes, his self-loathing was horrific, and heroin combined with benzos made it so much worse.

I recall reading that he was given Lithium as a teenager. I am not sure if he was true bipolar. He just seemed more of an anxious-depressive to me....

The thing with Kurt is that he always had a considerable amount of self-hate. A very gentle soul and a very fragile one. He always had lots of stomach pains that no stomach medicine could cure and felt ill-health. In his interviews, he said that he turned to heroin as it really helped with his stomach pain. So, in a way, his relationship with heroin was not destructive at first. I think it became destructive much later on. I think Kurt had a dependent personality and was naturally attracted to Courtney. He had a girlfriend before Courtney (Tracy Marander), but they were kind of equals, really. He always remembered her as his most dear ex-girlfriend he ever had. On some level, I think he really regretted that breakup (not sure who initiated it). I remember Tracy later said in an interview that Kurt was nowhere near heroin when they were dating. I don't know at what point Kurt started taking heroin, but it was well before he met Courtney.

Courtney was not a good choice for Kurt, and she introduced him to benzos (Rohypnol, Klonopin). I think it's the klonopin that made him even more unstable on top of heroin. But yes, his self-loathing was horrific, and heroin combined with benzos made it so much worse.

I recall reading that he was given Lithium as a teenager. I am not sure if he was true bipolar. He just seemed more of an anxious-depressive to me....

Courtney seems to me like a typical Alpha Female. She’s still around, with a celebrity status. Despite all those benzos. Maybe he wasn’t happy at all in that relationship. One is never okay when dominated by another human being. I know she was pregnant already when they got married. I wish I could find out, but I’m so tired of all those gruesome stories. Was sick for a long time after I read once again about Sid and Nancy. I noticed they diagnose the same ppl with BP and OCD... a bit absurd. These are just assumptions. They can only say for sure one has got a certain condition if it’s in their papers. Yeah, I also have some difficulties imagining Kurt in a manic state...