Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Girlfriend Experience

[11...]

[11...]
I was watching TV last night (see already this post is less interesting than the title suggests :) ) and a new Starz series came on called The Girlfriend Experience. Oy. What a total unrealistic fantasy. In the writers imagination, prostitutes lead a glamorous life enjoying pleasurable nights with rich and charming clients who hand them envelopes stuffed with hundred dollar bills for their time. Oh, and they also hold day jobs with high-powered law firms. Yeah, right. Then again, TV gets every other profession wrong (cops, lawyers, doctors, software engineers, ...) so it might as well get this one totally wrong as well...

[cc...]

Well, Chess, now I wish I was a whore......... ;D

:laugh:>:(:laugh: I turned it off 20 min in. If there was an ounce of truth to that, I'd have to say "See you all on the street corner!"

Well, Chess, now I wish I was a whore......... ;D

:laugh:>:(:laugh: I turned it off 20 min in. If there was an ounce of truth to that, I'd have to say "See you all on the street corner!"

Well, I don't think we even have that channel. We're cheap here.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, the notion of safe (secure) jobs is a false one. You may get one of these, and while you may have a lot of protections, etc, people can be on their worst behavior which creates the thriving culture of abuse. Ironically, some jobs I took to shield me from too much stress in the past ended up having some of the most energy draining, soul-sucking coworkers on the planet (and this was before benzos). And I kept wondering why I was getting burned out, even though the salary and benefits were good, and the work was ok.....

For some of us sensitive people, abusive bosses/coworkers that HR doesn't dare touch have been a huge problem.......