Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dog Lovers....what dog do you have?

[Vm...]

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Hambones nicknames are Hammy and Ham lol. He's amazing and has such a great personality.  He looks more like a mini lab than a basset hound. Got him at the SPCA so I have no idea what his parents looked like.

• 3 months later...
[06...]
I have a lemon Beagle who just turned one year old.  He is the sweetest most affectionate l!ttle dog but he is barking any time he sees a neighbor or car near our place and also when I walk him and we pass people.  It's become a bit of a problem...any advice?

I have a lemon Beagle who just turned one year old.  He is the sweetest most affectionate l!ttle dog but he is barking any time he sees a neighbor or car near our place and also when I walk him and we pass people.  It's become a bit of a problem...any advice?

Key word for my dog's is "quiet" and they know it. When your dog barks, say quiet and use a stern tone. Have treats with you, as dog's are big on being rewarded. You may have to actually close his mouth with your hands several times when saying quite while he's barking. Shouldn't take too many times and he'll catch on to what you mean.

• 4 weeks later...

I have two Shiba Inus, Black and Tan male and a red and white female. Training......hmmm! Yeah, they are to stubborn, independent, and really don't care what you think to be trainable. Haha

If you want a dog that is all about you, you don't want a Shiba. If you want a cat that looks like a dog (and I love cats too), get a Shiba.

Spot on! I have a Shiba too. His name is Rusty.

Best cat I've ever owned. Haha.

Beagles love food. :-)

Provoque that he barks. Don't say anything. But in every break he takes from barking, give him some food. He will get it very fast - barking = no food. not barking = lots of food.

To hold his nose or whatever includes touching an animal doesn't work longterm because he just doesn't get it. And its aggressive.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a....red standard poodle!  She is 9 months old and rules the household.  I love her to bits, but training has not gone well.  I was sick when I first brought her home at 8 weeks, and have been either tapering, in withdrawal, had pneumonia or bronchitis the entire time that I've had her.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I now have three ! Saw a dog on FB that was going to be euthanized just because his time was up at the shelter. In all honesty, he's not my first choice in dog's, but he's cool alright. He's a Pitty, about 3 yrs old, under weight at 40 lbs and so very grateful to be here. Nice dog, has alpha tendencies that mine don't care for. So, I have him kenneled for now and am taking him out a lot for potty breaks and meet n greets with my dog's. It's going much better, just 24 hrs later. I'll keep him kenneled overnight tonight too. He's cat friendly and that's a good thing. No idea of a name yet for him. I have Japanese names for my dog's and will follow suit. My male is Eqyu for their Einstein and my female is Yuri, his beautiful Lilly. In Hebrew it's "light of God."

Well, I now have three ! Saw a dog on FB that was going to be euthanized just because his time was up at the shelter. In all honesty, he's not my first choice in dog's, but he's cool alright. He's a Pitty, about 3 yrs old, under weight at 40 lbs and so very grateful to be here. Nice dog, has alpha tendencies that mine don't care for. So, I have him kenneled for now and am taking him out a lot for potty breaks and meet n greets with my dog's. It's going much better, just 24 hrs later. I'll keep him kenneled overnight tonight too. He's cat friendly and that's a good thing. No idea of a name yet for him. I have Japanese names for my dog's and will follow suit. My male is Eqyu for their Einstein and my female is Yuri, his beautiful Lilly. In Hebrew it's "light of God."

That is so wonderful of you.  He will love you forever......maybe Buda for a name.  This post makes me feel good, thank u so much for taking in this fabulous dog :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you Mary, so far things are going well. My male isn't too sure yet, but he's coming around. I like the name, might be him. Thank you.

We have a German Shepherd / Husky mix.

She was the runt of her litter, so she's only about 60 lbs (the rest of her litter probably grew to be more like 80 lbs). SO MUCH ENERGY! A walk around the block on-leash does nothing for her except maybe cause frustration - to properly exercise this dog, she has to be off-leash for 3 mile hikes - several times a week! Very sweet-tempered and loving (GSD) with a stubborn and mischievous streak (Husky). She's my husband's dog, but I love her plenty too.

12 yr old yellow lab. The most lovely dog one could ask for. Its weird how she can tell how I am feeling. Always there with an affectionate nuzzle when im down.