Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dim Sum

[12...]

[12...]
I found an awesome Dim Sum place in Malden MA near my son's home. It's so good I think I am getting addicted. Will I need to taper off Dim Sum? :)

I went cold turkey after moving far away from my favorite places.  But now, after several years,  I have an intense craving. Gee thanks Chess!  :D:crazy:  Must ...go...google... :smitten:

[12...]
Re: Moved post: Yeah, I know, strictly speaking it didn't belong in "Chewing the Fat", but somehow that category seemed to fit with Dim Sum... :)

Sad to say, I had to cold turkey dim sum, too.  When my parents lived in the Bay Area, that was a lunch requirement at least once a visit.  They raised us on San Francisco's Chinatown dim sum... steamed har gao always the favorite, steamed chicken buns right behind them.  We were usually the only non-Chinese people in the restaurant.

Once in awhile I've found har gao (steamed shrimp in rice wrap) at Trader Joe's.  Not a bad substitute but not as good as the real thing in a specialty restaurant.

Challis, there is a place in Palo Alto -- when I lived up that way after SF- I keep going south, now in a weird town with a roller coaster by the beach, trying to be anonymous here  :D.  I sure wish I could remember the name of that place, though.  It was off 101 more by east Palo Alto towards the golf course, so good!  Gonna go check out the new thread Chess, think I found a place here...yum, I hope.  I hear PF Changs might be good too for that...

Challis, there is a place in Palo Alto -- when I lived up that way after SF- I keep going south, now in a weird town with a roller coaster by the beach, trying to be anonymous here  :D.  I sure wish I could remember the name of that place, though.  It was off 101 more by east Palo Alto towards the golf course, so good!  Gonna go check out the new thread Chess, think I found a place here...yum, I hope.  I hear PF Changs might be good too for that...

Haven't been to Palo Alto, though Mountain View was where I grew up and my parents still lived until their deaths.  We went to Sunnyvale for dim sum...just tried to Google the restaurant but nothing's coming up.  Guess you really can't go home.  ;)

Sad to say, I had to cold turkey dim sum, too.  When my parents lived in the Bay Area, that was a lunch requirement at least once a visit.  They raised us on San Francisco's Chinatown dim sum... steamed har gao always the favorite, steamed chicken buns right behind them.  We were usually the only non-Chinese people in the restaurant.

Once in awhile I've found har gao (steamed shrimp in rice wrap) at Trader Joe's.  Not a bad substitute but not as good as the real thing in a specialty restaurant.

Haha, same here. The only non- asian in the whole restaurant, among my asian ( large) extended family.

When we all go out for dim sum, I always feel like the white, pasty giant, fumbling with my chopsticks. :laugh:

My favorite dim sum place in San Francisco closed! Bummer. I never found better taro dumplings.

Chessplayer: dim sum with chewing the fat? WHERE have you been eating??!!! :D

Maybe just cut back a bit. I would not recommend titration.

Chessplayer: dim sum with chewing the fat? WHERE have you been eating??!!! :D

Maybe just cut back a bit. I would not recommend titration.

:D:laugh:;D:)

Moodle, Have you tried Empress of China in San Franciso?  Fantastic all around, and  think, (it's been years)  they serve Dim Sum...Such good food and great views....Yummm

Moodle, Have you tried Empress of China in San Franciso?  Fantastic all around, and  think, (it's been years)  they serve Dim Sum...Such good food and great views....Yummm

They closed! >:(

They had good food there, for sure.

Noooo!  that was my go to place and somewher I was looking forward to when I get back to  ahem "normal".  I sent them an e-mail asking them for suggestions for a new place to go.  Their voicemail is still active, so maybe they will respond.  Bummer

Noooo!  that was my go to place and somewher I was looking forward to when I get back to  ahem "normal".  I sent them an e-mail asking them for suggestions for a new place to go.  Their voicemail is still active, so maybe they will respond.  Bummer

There is this place in Santa Clara called Shanghai harbor and they have awesome dim sum.

empress of China's website says they are closed, too, I think...