Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

2 years one month 24 days!!!!!!

[3 ...]

First off i wanna say, YOU can do it!!!! It wint be easy but it will be worth it in so many ways! I just wanted to check in here and tell everyone thank you, I came here a lot thru my cold turkey withdrawal from xanax, yes it was hard, but yes you can do it!!! Many times I was tempted to take one so the anxiety and panic attacks would go away, thats why i took them in the first place, I still have anxiety and panic attacks, I hate it, but I dont want to take xanax to cover it up cause the more it was helping me the more I needed to take and if I didn't take anything the panic attacks were far worse, anxiety and panic attacks are just something I have to deal with without xanax, it's been a little over 2 years now, there is no withdrawal for me anymore, the first month was the worse!!! 2 month was improved but still was horrible, by the 3Rd month there was improvement, there was improvement after first month but it's like 3 steps forward and one step back, by the forth month I was doing better, still hard for me to work, as we all know it is different for everyone determine there amount and length of time they were on them and the brain set we have toward them, it took me about a full year to look back and say wow I have came a long way!!! I still think about taking one to help my anxiety more than a few times a month, I'm hoping to find something else that isn't a benzo that can help me, knowing the xanax takes it all away keeps it in my mind once in awhile, its a tuff road for all of us that deal with this, but if I can do it I know you can!!! Just know that this is the best thing you could ever do! Once again thank you everyone so much for the stories and the help

Congrats!

If I were you I would lose the pills so you don't get tempted.

As far as the anxiety, exercise if you can and also check out there are different books about getting rid of it. Think what's bothering you that you may not be aware of.

Thanks for sharing your story

Thanks for coming back and telling us your story! Congratulations! I also suffered from panic and anxiety prior to any benzo use. Cognitive behavioral therapy worked wonders for me. It took a lot of time and effort, but I have no more panic attacks at all. If you try it, don't give up on it too soon. It's a long process like exercise. Good luck to you. Panic and anxiety are very treatable. 

Congratulations on your recovery.  I am in the final stages of a cross over to valium and I have a plan.  Just hoping and praying the plan works out.  I hope to write my own success story one day.  i bought this book and found it helpful.  Just sharing the info in case in may help you.

http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/

Thank you guys so much! And benzofree001 I do not have pills laying around lol. I have no intention to taking one if I did, I'm just saying that thought creeps in my mind once in awhile. But when it does i just think of what I went thru to get where I'm at, and those thoughts are gone, cause for me it was very rough

• 1 month later...

CT off Xanax here, too. Thanks for your success story. I had 4 days that were relatively great and I guess that window's closing because the anxiety, racing thoughts, they're back. My hopes were so high that I hit the "6 month" mark of "significant relief" early but I'm not feeling it anymore. I can't imagine working like this, or the cognition/mental fog. In time. I know.

Thanks again!

• 8 years later...

Guys, it's almost been 10 years!! April will make 10, wow.  no intentions on ever doing xanax again! I have bad days and good days but I think that's normal right? Lol I hope everyone is doing great with there journey 😊 

• Love 2

Good to hear from you, @[3 ...]. Thank you for coming back and updating.

6 minutes ago, [[3...] said:

I have bad days and good days but I think that's normal right?

That's life, isn't. But the point is that sound very positive and have got back your life. Well done!

While you are here, and if you have time, maybe post a new thread to the 20 Year Celebration forum too, so that we can keep if for posterity. :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [oc...]
    • [Id...]
    • [Re...]
    • [ra...]
    • [BN...]
    • [Bl...]
    • [ka...]
    • [Ra...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [Th...]
    • [bi...]