Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I'm Back!!

[Di...]

I have been absolutely stunned by the number of people who have expressed their love and appreciation for me, both by post and PM, and asked me not to leave BB. It appears there was a problem with my PMs for a while and everything was bouncing back to the sender. That meant I initially felt I wasn’t getting much support, so I came to the conclusion that I really was this nasty religious-hating person some were making me out to be. However, once the problem was fixed, boy was I wrong. Your messages of support and love have been over-whelming.

I began to realise that I was giving in too easily to just a tiny minority of people, as opposed the majority of people who wanted me to stay. So guess what kids, you’re stuck with me. I’m staying. I can hear the groans now..lol…

Anyone with even the tiniest amount of common sense would see that my original comment made to a poster on the valium thread was said completely in the spirit of trying to help her, because she had been struggling for a long long time. It was merely my rather misguided attempt to try to get her to see it from a slightly different angle. There was absolutely no malice, religious intolerance or meanness in my intent at all, but what transpired was a lot of nasty words being used about me and to me, and twisted versions of whatever I wrote whenever I tried to defend myself. I finally had to report one of the posts, and a moderator stepped in and told everyone to cool it, which is different to the version that is getting posted on some blogs. In fact one person was specifically told by an admin to stop what they were doing or their posts would need to be pre-approved. Funny how that piece of information never made it to the blogs. Sorry, was that mean? I don't intend to be. It's just more of an interesting observation.

Anyway, I’m not going to dwell on this anymore. I’m not a moderator so I’m not going to moderate, or tell people what to do. However, I think I can be considered to be one of the “senior” members of BB so I will offer some advice. This kind of behaviour is completely intolerable on anyone’s level, and if I see any repeat of it from anyone, especially towards another person on BB, I will be a lot faster at reporting you than I was this time. I’m very good at standing up for myself, so if I was so shell shocked by this barrage of posts, imagine how someone who is really struggling would have coped – well actually they probably wouldn’t have.

I will not accept any responsibly for what started all this. That’s on the heads of other people. They were personally asked by me three times to let it go, but they wouldn't. However, I want to sincerely apologise to everyone on BB for my part in it. The valium thread in particular has been a complete disaster over the last few days or so and I’m heartsick over the number of people we may have lost or who haven’t received the help they’ve needed. However, what is in the past is in the past. Let’s move on and get this forum back to what it’s meant to be – a place of support, patience, tolerance and forgiveness. I may just keep a low profile for a while, especially on the valium thread, to allow this to blow over, but I will not allow a tiny minority of people stop me from doing what I’ve been doing for the last 3 years, and doing pretty damn well, if I do say so myself.. ;)

If you want to make any further comments about this can we please just keep it to this thread, and not let it bubble over to any sections here? Please do not post anything nasty though. We’ve had enough of that now. Thanks.

PS - just one more thing. I want to also thank the admins and mods for their patience with my drama queen antics over the last couple of days, and their encouragement for me to stay. :)

DP:

I would have sent you a PM too but my system is down. Just know that I was very sad at first when you said you were leaving as you have been ultra patient and very helpful to me. I think that can be said of most members here. I read through all of those threads and saw that you asked them repeatedly to stop, but they didn't. I also posted on the atheist's thread recently but I consider myself to be religious. People did debate with me but they were very polite and a lot of what they said I understood where they were coming from. That's the whole point. You can exchange different ideas but no need to bash someone. Yes, you are a senior member here and know a lot about Valium and MTs and titration. That's why I took your advice and am going to do titration when I get a bit lower in my 70 mg. Before, I was just too scared. I don't know where I would be w/o you. Those other people; just ignore them or report the post. So so so happy you did not leave.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Bets

Thanks everyone for your support.

Bets, you've been having problems with your PMs for a while. I remember a while ago trying to send a PM to you because I wasn't sure if you had seen one of my replies on the valium thread, but it bounced back.

I found that for some reason mine had gone from receiving PMs from everyone, to only receiving PMs from admins. I have no idea how or why that happened because I certainly hadn't changed it. Have you checked that yours is set up okay?

To everyone,

This thread was locked due to the fact it was creating more conflict rather than putting this situation to rest and moving on.

We don't wish for anyone to leave the forum.  We would like everyone to be able to make use of the wonderful support available here for those enduring a challenging withdrawal.  BB is also a large and very diverse forum.  Because of the diversity there will at times be disagreements, sometimes arguments and debates. As long as respect is maintained, healthy debate and discussion is welcomed. We also believe that as adults, members should be able to solve issues or conflicts they might have with other members themselves.  We also understand that those going through withdrawal are usually not themselves and will at times say things they would not normally say if well and healed from benzo withdrawal. The team will only step in when absolutely necessary.

BB is a peer support forum, no one is more an expert than another. We all simply share our experience and offer kind words to help a fellow buddie who is in need of a little TLC.  We can also offer what information we may have gleaned while going through the process of withdrawal.

Each person is responsible for what they post on the forum.  Everyone makes mistakes, that's what makes us human.  Tolerance and acceptance are terms used for benzo withdrawal but can also be used to describe how we should treat our fellow buddies. We are all here for the same reason after all,  aren't we?

Move on now, leave this alone.  So many people need support and care and this petty bickering really puts BB in an unflattering light.  Do what we do best, support our fellow members.

pianogirl

We very rarely lock threads, so I may unlock this one after a period of time.

[7a...]