Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

A very weird thing happened today - saw my post on an anti-BB site

[ly...]

So I was surfing the net.  Typed in the BB search to get back on here.  Well, I came across an "anti-BB" site and opened it only to be facing my own BB post.  It was lifted from a thread on Positivity.  Thinking of not posting except for Progress Log - basically my diary.  Is even that area safe?

Yeah, don't go there, Lynn.  Just don't.  Don't give him the hits. Some people can't seem to resist, which is baffling to me.

Exactly.  He thrives on being mentioned, so I moved this to Off Topic.  The public can't view Off Topic, nor can they view Buddie Blogs, user names, signatures and avatars.

The site I found has public WHOIS information.  The site should be reported to his web host because it is easily classified as a hate site, plus it is stealing copyrighted content, so it would be shut down.  Of course, there are other ways to use technology to permanently shut down an anti-BB website if that doesn't work.  :angel:

Hey, I see my posts there all of the time. With strange and hateful headlines. I see he picks out a few favorites from here. I won't mention their names. The newbies don't know about his hate blog, because we don't want to give him any publicity. Suffice to say he is a mental case who hates BB to the max and lives in his parent's basement and has agoraphobia (among other things). And he pretends he has friends who write things but he doesn't and writes them himself. JUST DON'T VISIT HIS SITE. That's what he wants you to do. It can make the newbies very upset. How he manages to get our info still remains a mystery to me.

Bets

Hey, I see my posts there all of the time. With strange and hateful headlines. I see he picks out a few favorites from here. I won't mention their names. The newbies don't know about his hate blog, because we don't want to give him any publicity. Suffice to say he is a mental case who hates BB to the max and lives in his parent's basement and has agoraphobia (among other things). And he pretends he has friends who write things but he doesn't and writes them himself. JUST DON'T VISIT HIS SITE. That's what he wants you to do. It can make the newbies very upset. How he manages to get our info still remains a mystery to me.

Bets

Bets! What part of your own advice--"just don't visit his site"--are you having trouble following when you go over there yourself?  "I see my posts there all of the time." 

Even you, Challis.  So dismaying.  Not going there means not going there.

It's a fascinating glimpse into  human nature that somehow each person who just "peeks" over there somehow thinks that somehow they, magically, are not giving him a hit. ::)

I just peeked over there.  Wonder if that's true about Hitler...  :-X

:laugh: The article was in the Telegraph....with a description of

something else... :-X:laugh:

So I was surfing the net.  Typed in the BB search to get back on here.  Well, I came across an "anti-BB" site and opened it only to be facing my own BB post.  It was lifted from a thread on Positivity.  Thinking of not posting except for Progress Log - basically my diary.  Is even that area safe?

I wouldn't worry too much....the guy is obviously not well... :crazy:

an x-member from here who got fired.

One day Karma will get him... :)

Bets! What part of your own advice--"just don't visit his site"--are you having trouble following when you go over there yourself?  "I see my posts there all of the time." 

It's a fascinating glimpse into  human nature that somehow each person who just "peeks" over there somehow thinks that somehow they, magically, are not giving him a hit. ::)

FJ, is this scolding condescending tone really necessary towards your fellow BBs? 

FJ, is this scolding condescending tone really necessary towards your fellow BBs?

On  this subject yeah, I think so.  I guess I wouldn't have written it if I didn't think somebody needed to point this out, right?

Is it really necessary for you to scold me?

I'm a newbie and found the site before I found this one. I just typed in benzobuddies and another topic I was interested in and it took me to that site. Definitely an anti BB site.

I am curious now. But I can't find it.

Don't bother looking, it's not worth your time.  Gaulke is a small minded man who is seriously mentally unstable.  He lives in his basement and has no life whatsoever except to try to spread his particular brand of hate around.  Ignore and ignore some more.

pianogirl

I just peeked over there.  Wonder if that's true about Hitler...  :-X

:laugh: The article was in the Telegraph....with a description of

something else... :-X:laugh:

Claudia: I didn't know about any reference to Hitler. Which Telegraph? That name of a newspaper is everywhere.

Bets

I'll address this because it's been reported and I don't want the team to have to figure out how to deal with it.

My apologies for a meant-to-be lighthearted comment, it was intended only to replace the OP's fear with a giggle.  My bad.

However, when someone reports that their posts are showing up on a hate site, I do check (via a stealth browser) to see if there's something we need to tweak to protect our members. 

Moving on now.  No worries, my skin is not as thin these days.  :smitten:

Well, Challis, if you've got a stealth browser and you can check this out for the benefit of others on BB WITHOUT giving the guy a hit, then that's an entirely different story, isn't it?  Sorry for jumping you.

My apologies for a meant-to-be lighthearted comment, it was intended only to replace the OP's fear with a giggle.  My bad.

Apology accepted, Chal.  With reservation.  Lighthearted giggles unacceptable, okay!  :nono:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm58/Jen_eros/medical-prescription-drugs_www-txt2.jpg

Apology accepted, Chal.  With reservation.  Lighthearted giggles unacceptable, okay!  :nono:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm58/Jen_eros/medical-prescription-drugs_www-txt2.jpg

Brilliant abc.. :thumbsup::laugh: