Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo free and swelling up!

Hi guys! I was here some time ago struggling to get off 2 mgs (that went up to 3 in my struggle, what a mess). Anyway, that part's over (YEAH) but the post part is rough, wow, I'd heard it could be.

Yesterday I woke up and one of my fingers was swollen and painful. Today, my whole body feels heavy, especially my legs. I'm retaining water, for sure. Anyone go through this. My finger still looks and feels awful, no, I didn't knock it, I'm sure....

Thanks anyone!!

Marina

Did I just start a blog? What an awful title :laugh: :laugh:

m

Hi Marina,

Would you like me to move this to General Withdrawal Support?  If you'd like to use this as your blog, you could rename it!  ;)

Pam

Marina, you made me laugh.  :laugh:

I would have sworn I had rheumatoid arthritis of the hands during the first few months after my taper.  I also had edema of my lower extremities that would come and go and occurs occasionally now.  Amazing, ha?

Patty  xo

That's it exactly! Looks just like arthritis. I was really wondering if perhaps is was and the timing was just coincidental. These sxs are so bizarre it's no wonder people go running to drs. I've no desire to see one ever again so it's good to know this stuff is normal. Did you gain a lot of water weight as well, nothing but nothing fits and I gained 8 pounds in 2 weeks, now that's impossible.. well, should be :D

Glad I made you laugh Patty.

Pam, so nice to see you again! You couldn't possibly remember me with all the people that come and go but you were so kind to me all those many months ago when I was struggling to get off the stuff. And yes I think perhaps I should move it... don't know how to do that, I'm guessing you do that for me???

Thanks Wonderwoman, I sure hope this passes soon.

m

Pam, so nice to see you again! You couldn't possibly remember me with all the people that come and go but you were so kind to me all those many months ago when I was struggling to get off the stuff. And yes I think perhaps I should move it... don't know how to do that, I'm guessing you do that for me???

Of course I remember you Marina, it's nice to "see" you again, I wish you were feeling better though.  I'm glad you're benzo free, but as you know the post isn't pleasant either!  Hang in there, it will get really good when you're healed, I'm still grateful every day!

I'll move it over to GWS, be sure to check there for your responses.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Pam! It's nice to be back. It's nice to know I have support through this next phase. See you around! I'll come up with a better title for the blog. :)

m

Are you on any other meds, even OTC?

I had some major swelling going on because I started taking Ambilify, but I stopped that as soon as the swelling started and then the swelling went away. Now, I occassionally have some swelling going on, but not major.

Thanks Roberta, no, nothing else, well, except for the synthroid I've been on since I was 25, but I have to take that. It started about two weeks after I stopped. Whole body feels kind of tight, like my skin in sausage casing. Awful image, sorry. Maybe it'll be better tomorrow??? Nah, going to have to learn to accept this I think.

m

I don't know if you are, but try to cut down on your salt cause that will make you reatain more water and swell up...

hope this helps

You explained it perfectly.....but I think you meant to say that your skin FELT like a sausage casing.....EXACTLY the same feeling I had.  I imagine that you have water weight gain.  If you are anything like me the swelling only lasted a week or two.  As I said before (I think) the edema pops up every once in awhile.

Patty  xo

Good Morning. Wow, my poor finger is so arthritic today, it's difficult to type!! From a tiny bag of chips, I swear. It was getting better, it really was and poof. Too much salt I guess. I'm only three pounds above my higher weight (my body naturally seems to fluctuate 5 pounds up and down) but I gained 9 pounds in a month (ahhhhh). This is scary. It has to stop. Doesn't it???

Still swelling,

m

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [mo...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Gr...]