Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone suffer from Rosacea?

[re...]

Hi BB's....just wondering if anyone knows something that works for them for rosacea.....only OTC....can't see a doctor, no money or insurance...having a really bad flare, worse than ever before, and nothing is working...it is giving me more anxiety...help!

Hello! I have rosacea. You must have the complexion of an " English Rose" to have it. Well, I say that to myself because I'm English! Lol!

I'll be honest. I've tried lots of stuff and nothing seems to work. I know that it is worse around the time of my period and that the very worst thing for it is anxiety! Great, because that's probably something you have in abundance right now.

I've heard that various skin treatments like laser therapy can work but haven't tried that due to a mixture of lack of funds and fear that it will make it worse. Also, I know that antibiotics can work. Have not gone down that path because I am taking enough poison. Also, I think that if I take an antibiotic for that then if I really need one for some kind of infection ever then it will probably be less effective.

Does it vary a lot? Mine does. Sometimes I can be more or less free of it, well, relatively, and then the thing will be back with a vengeance.

All this spicy food thing makes no difference . Seems like it will be make up for me.

Sorry to be such a doom-monger, but you could try beauticians or anti-biotics if you are that desperate and ever get any money!!!

Good luck with it!  Gilly x

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Redfox,

I see it has been a while since you posted this but I thought it might still be helpful ongoing.

I, too, have rosacea.  For years I have used Cetaphil products and have seen them recommended for people with rosacea because they are very mild and made for sensitive skin.

For me to keep my face especially clean is important to keep flares down.  I wash twice a day, as was recommend for rosacea, with Cetaphil liquid wash.  And I then apply Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream, (cream, not lotion), twice a day.  Those are about the only over the counter products that works for me.  They are not expensive and can be purchased at Wal-Mart. 

If you can see a Dr. for a prescription, I use Metrocreme, which is an antibiotic cream,  and it helps me, too.  It does dry my face if applied more than twice a day.  It isn't expensive but I know that seeing a Dr. can be - sorry. 

Have you tried doing a Google search online for rosacea treatments.  Last fall I found a lot of different information with a variety of causes for flare ups.  It was very helpful.  Please check it out.  For me just staying very clean and out of wind and sun helps me the most. 

I wish you better days soon and hope this has settled already.

Another English Rose Complexion,

Lily

Hi Gilly and Lily...just saw this...thanks for responding...I did see online that Cetaphil was recommended, but I haven't tried it because I have oily skin...do you think it would be good for oily skin?...right now, it is not too bad...started in November, and has been off and on since...just when I think it is better, it comes back...so frustrating!...I have gone years without it, so I am thinking it might have to do with W/D sxs....I don't get too much redness, just these weird pimply things, that bleed when I squeeze them...they are more like blisters...they itch and burn...so annoying!....I think salycytic acid helps (2%)...which I use as a facewash, among others, such as Basis and Olay for sensitive skin...do you think the moisturizer helps?

Hello Red Fox! You have returned!

I can't really comment on this because my rosacea is redness and , on closer inspection, tiny little red blood capillaries.

Lily knows about Cetaphil. Hope she gets back to you.

Nothing would surprise me about benzos. And if your skin is like that because of them, typical. Is there any part of the body that they don't affect?  :tickedoff:

Good luck if you decide to go for the Cetaphil.  Gilly x

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, sort of, I find that since I stopped drinking hot beverages and eating spicy foods, mine has been much better.

I used to drink cups of hot tea all the time and it always made my skin worse, I could feel it.

Hi BB's....just wondering if anyone knows something that works for them for rosacea.....only OTC....can't see a doctor, no money or insurance...having a really bad flare, worse than ever before, and nothing is working...it is giving me more anxiety...help!

I only have it in my scalp.