Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

PC Gaming thread! Steam/LoL/ANYTHING!

[Fr...]

Hey everyone, PC gaming is my favorite distraction. Especially multiplayer games. I was hoping there would be a few others into this (could be dead wrong) and we could game together on occasion to help distract ourselves from whatever is bothering us! Or even talk about games/gaming.

Doesn't necessarily have to be PC related either, as many console games are also released for the PC. Feel free to discuss anything and if anyone wants to play something let me know! I've got a $100 steam giftcard lol.

Hey everyone, PC gaming is my favorite distraction. Especially multiplayer games. I was hoping there would be a few others into this (could be dead wrong) and we could game together on occasion to help distract ourselves from whatever is bothering us! Or even talk about games/gaming.

Doesn't necessarily have to be PC related either, as many console games are also released for the PC. Feel free to discuss anything and if anyone wants to play something let me know! I've got a $100 steam giftcard lol.

I made a thread similar to the music and movie game for us gamers.  Apparently there's like a single digit number of people who are really into them.  I agree that gaming is my favorite distraction.  It's pretty much the only thing that is helping with my insomnia.  I just play competitively online until all of my energy is gone.  With that, I'll say that for PC I'm loving Starcraft 2 - Legacy of the Void the most.  The single player campaigns were great and the online play never gets old IMHO.

I *was* a huge gamer for a while.

I spent the better part of a decade playing a game called Eve - Online.  I love that game.  Too much.  It is a HUGE distraction from real life. and it's slow pace lends itself well people in withdrawal I'd say.

Unfortunately since I have a kid now, I currently don't have time for it.  If your going to give it a go, I'd highly recommend an eye-finity setup or better.  The scale of the game lends itself well to triple monitors and ultra wide screens.

I'm hoping to get into Fallout 4 in the coming months.  I'd be playing it on PC.  I have a PS3 but it's now a glorified bluray player.

http://www.eveonline.com/#what

I have to warn you though.    This game can be HIGHLY addictive.  People have lost jobs/relationships/contact with friends and family. 

It is a true sandbox game.  It is a non-sharded(instanced) mmorpg.  The entire player base could conceivably be in the same area of the game at the same time if you could manage to organize that - 21 thousand concurrent players on average.

That never happens though.

Yeah I tried eve with a buddy back in the day, we spent the better part of a month mining stuff to buy big ships with which we would hunt down people. . . and then we both got destroyed by some guy who had played forever in a tiny little ship and we had no idea what happened.

We quit immediately, it was one of those no going back type deals. lol.

Yeah I tried eve with a buddy back in the day, we spent the better part of a month mining stuff to buy big ships with which we would hunt down people. . . and then we both got destroyed by some guy who had played forever in a tiny little ship and we had no idea what happened.

Fallout 4 is amazing though. But moreso than anything, best game I've played in quite a bit was Shadows of Mordor - if u don't like LoTR it doesn't even matter. It's like Assassin's creed except like. . . 10 times better. . . and I also quite like AC.

I've been on both sides of that equation.

That's what was great about the game tbh.    real risk vs reward.   

I could go on and on.  I loved that game.  I also hate it with  a passion.  If I had time to play it properly I would.