Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Good Luck to all you PowerBall players

[...]

Well no winning ticket here.

What would I do with a Billion USD?

I've had that conversation a few times. 

I'd make sure friends and family were setup.

Then I'd go south and see the best cardiologist I can find and get my heart issues sorted.

I'd launch a personally funded educational and public awareness campaign regarding the potential dangers of benzo use.    TV spots, billboards, posters on bus stops.  I probably fund support clinics, one in each state/province.

I'd get healthy and fit.

quit job(obviously)

become a philanthropist.

Have lots of kids.

And then for some loftier dreams......

I would attempt to buy enough political clout to pass legislation that limits political campaign contributions so our public officials aren't bought and paid for before they ever make it to office. 

Even if it took decades, I'd buy the politicians very early in their careers so they become the last bought and paid for politicians.

I would use the same bought public officials to change the voting system to representational voting.

I would mandate that all healthcare institutions be not for profit.

All post-secondary education be Government funded assuming you had the grades for acceptance.

Legalize Marijuana and release prisoners doing time for petty small possession of personal amounts (ie close half the prisons to save some cash).

Once that's all done, I would have all my bought and paid for politicians resign and have the democratic process re-elect their chosen representatives

call me a dreamer

I like your list. Especially having lots of kids. Don't hear that from a male that often.  ;)

And I'm with you on the Benzo awareness.

Good luck with buying public officials; it's done already.

I actually made a list last night and the first things were practical maintenance of current housing. Then a new car.

Giving to the Food Bank. No one—NO ONE—in this country should go to bed hungry, and without nutritious meals.

I'd fund community garden projects in inner cities and low income areas, and develop sister relationships between those CGs and established CGs outside of inner cities.

I would provide scholarships for permaculture students, meeting certain requirements for giving back to community.

And the list goes on.

Bennie