Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

David Bowie Dies of cancer

[be...]

David Bowie, the iconic rock star whose career spanned more than half a century and whose influence transcended music, fashion and sexuality, has died aged 69.

Live David Bowie: legendary rock star dies of cancer aged 69 – latest updates

Follow the reaction and tributes to the musician who has died after 18-month illness

The singer’s death was confirmed in a Facebook post on his official page: “David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18-month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy during their time of grief.”

Writing on Twitter, Bowie’s son, the film director Duncan Jones, 44, said: “Very sorry and sad to say it’s true.” The news came as a shock to some, who were initially sceptical, but Bowie’s publicist, Steve Martin, told the Reuters news agency: “It’s not a hoax.”

RIP, David Bowie                                                                   

http://www.imgion.com/images/02/Attractive-wet-single-white-rose.jpg

Could someone tell me what is most Popular song was, I did not follow him, but I would like to know.

Thanks Bets, I was listening to Country and Oldies, I will check out youtube.  :) in the day, as I am elderly, like using that card, when I am behind

the times.  :D

Thanks Bets, I was listening to Country and Oldies, I will check out youtube.  :) in the day, as I am elderly, like using that card, when I am behind

the times.  :D

Just click on the four links, you old lady. :D

Space Oddity is another one.

"Heroes" was co-written by Brian Eno. I love it.

I saw David in Vancouver in 1976.

He'll be missed.  :'(

If you read Lennon's book, he helped anonymously. Like he did for many artists, like Elton John.

Great Sax player! I wish I saw him.

Gilly the one thing I have learned, during this battle with benzo's is to keep an open mind, and I am willing to open myself to other music.  :smitten:

It was like a bolt from the blue when I heard the news. I wasn't what you would call a "fan", but I always appreciated him as an artist. He was part of my early years when I first started listening to music back in the 70s. I can't believe he's gone.  :'(

I'm very sad. I always liked his music, although he was not one of my favorite artists. Space Oddity was wonderful. I'm sorry he died so young.

Yeah, Gilly, the Ziggy Stardust era was the best!

Growing up, this was the first Bowie song I heard, and is still my favorite.  Also not my favorite artist but I remember clearly being quite captivated at the time, something so wonderfully weird about him, I was mesmerized.

"Sorrow" - David Bowie

RIP

:smitten:

Did anyone see him sing at the concert in NYC after Sept 11 tragedy?

He sang Heroes, so good, its on YouTube

He was also at Live Aid.

Did anyone see him sing at the concert in NYC after Sept 11 tragedy?

He sang Heroes, so good, its on YouTube

He was also at Live Aid.

That song was originally off the soundtrack of "Christiane F ~ We Children From Bahnhof Zoo", it's a movie (English subtitles) about a 14 year old girl who gets drawn into the drug scene in 1970s Berlin and turns to prostitution to support the habit. It's a very dark and disturbing movie. The book is good too.

David Bowie appeared in the movie, in concert as himself.