Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Don't Forget Downton Abbey

[be...]

Bets, I think you are right on, but isn't Edith's sister named Mary? Didn't Rose the cousin go to America with her new Husband. My Niece in Utah has been

texting me all day from her job at the bank, oh boy, anyway she thinks that the father may die, but I think we are in for a surprise, I think it could be the

Mother, I had read that Mags wanted out for sure this season, but they are leaving, but it could be her, I am not going to read any spoilers this year. I

hope I won't, I don't think I will, maybe not, I am not sure, now I won't I want to be surprised also, just like Shadow1. :2funny: Did you know that Liz

that plays the Mother is a singer and in a band, and I had heard she did not want to come back also, we will see, being the last season, maybe they

will end up in the wax museum"""""". Also read that a spin off called the Golden Era, is based on this story it is supposed to come out soon.  :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [be...]

• [Sh...]

• [ih...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Bets, I think you are right on, but isn't Edith's sister named Mary? Didn't Rose the cousin go to America with her new Husband. My Niece in Utah has been

texting me all day from her job at the bank, oh boy, anyway she thinks that the father may die, but I think we are in for a surprise, I think it could be the

Mother, I had read that Mags wanted out for sure this season, but they are leaving, but it could be her, I am not going to read any spoilers this year. I

hope I won't, I don't think I will, maybe not, I am not sure, now I won't I want to be surprised also, just like Shadow1. :2funny: Did you know that Liz

that plays the Mother is a singer and in a band, and I had heard she did not want to come back also, we will see, being the last season, maybe they

will end up in the wax museum"""""". Also read that a spin off called the Golden Era, is based on this story it is supposed to come out soon.  :D

Hi: No Rose did not go to America.  It was Tom and his kid. I'm sure Maggie has been approached many many time to do some more films. I think that's one reason the last few seasons had few episodes. :tickedoff: I don't think the death of the mother would be that big of a deal. She's not often around and has no personality. It would be a  big  :sleepy: to me if she did. No, I did not know that she is a singer. I just watch the shows, and don't read anything about them. More like gossip. :D I think they are all tired of this show. It has run it's course. There is a limit to what they can write about. Like MASH. Better leave on a high note rather than a low one. If you watched the hour before it ran, Lord coughed and then said "it was only a cold, but really?" Trying to get us to guess if he will get sick and die. I think Shadow earlier mentioned that the next big show is called Mercy Street. To air beginning Jan. 17. About war and all that. Oh, I'm sure they will be in a wax museum. If not already. The big one in England. Madams' something or others. A French name that I cannot remember, even tho I went there.

Bets, I saw the woman that plays the Mother on PBS singing with her band, yes I watched the whole thing. Now what I am waiting for again is

Poldark, it was really good and it restarts either in Feb or Mar. Yes I think the show has run its course, and really a lot of somebodies should die. I

think the father coughing is a bait for us. Anyway it is nice to have something to watch, I don't have cable, don't want it. :D

No cable?? I guess you must live with them. :laugh: I am freezing my arse off. It's in the low 20s and tomorrow it's supposed to be in the minus double digits. Gym day for me, Ugh!

I enjoyed watching the show, though there are other Masterpiece shows I prefer, such as Agatha Christie's Poirot, I Claudius, and others.  From what I understand, senior female servants who were cooks or housekeepers were traditionally called "Mrs...." in England, even if they weren't married.  Most servants were single, after all, and I don't think they were even allowed to marry in most cases if they wanted to keep their jobs.  That may have been one of the things that began to change after WWI.

I enjoyed watching the show, though there are other Masterpiece shows I prefer, such as Agatha Christie's Poirot, I Claudius, and others.  From what I understand, senior female servants who were cooks or housekeepers were traditionally called "Mrs...." in England, even if they weren't married.  Most servants were single, after all, and I don't think they were even allowed to marry in most cases if they wanted to keep their jobs.  That may have been one of the things that began to change after WWI.

I did not know that. I also love I Claudius and Poirot as well. It's airing again on the other PBS station at 9 pm. EST.

Thanks Megan, I didn't know that, makes sense, to show their status in the House. Bets, I

don't think you will freeze, unless you forget to wear your long johns. :D

Thanks Megan, I didn't know that, makes sense, to show their status in the House. Bets, I

don't think you will freeze, unless you forget to wear your long johns. :D

The only long johns I know about is that fast food joint. :D

• 2 weeks later...

You know, now that you said that, I remember when he was acting strangelyand he went into town, and that could very well been the case of doing

away with the man, to get rid of the man he loathes. We will see.  :smitten:

Well I cheated a little and read one spoiler, Thomas did not kill anyone, not that he couldn't with that

devious mind of his, did not read a lot, but Thomas in spite of everything is going to be OK  :tickedoff:

Bets, so glad you are back on the boards, did you watch last night?, It is kinda sad, but like everything life goes on. I like the new series Mercy Street,

that comes on right after.  :thumbsup::)

begood:

I treated myself being K free with a long vacation. I didn't take any K pills with me. :thumbsup:

The Lord is being set up to die.

Gotta love that mean nurse on Mercy Street. Can't tell if that's to come next or Doc Martin, the rudest man on this planet. His response to his patients, "Take this pill and go away and die." :D

Well we are all glad you are back, Dowton seems reel slow to me, maybe not going out with a lot of Thunder!! You are

Doing well, that is great  :thumbsup:

Well we are all glad you are back, Dowton seems reel slow to me, maybe not going out with a lot of Thunder!! You are

Doing well, that is great  :thumbsup:

My mom is so tired of it so she doesn't watch anymore. But I can't wait to see them fire that nasty under butler. He was sooo rude when Carson went on his honeymoon. Does anyone from DA even like that guy?? I just can't miss the last season, no matter if it gets boring. And yes to your previous post. I was wrong. Rose did go to NY. But Thomas came back. Kid in tow. I like him. :)

What kid?  How can it get boring?  Funny ladies...

Thomas' kid. The co owner of DA. He went to NY and then came back. Not that nasty under butler also named Thomas, like BG says. BG, he'll get his dues. But not before doing another nasty. I don't find it boring, Shadow. be good does. But I'm still funny. :D

Bets, I guess I miss spoke what I meant is I think it is going slow, but I think there is a reason for that, because it is the last Story line, I will miss

it dearly. The Father having that attack was so real, blood everywhere, when I worked that is exactly how it happened, fast and scary. So they call

the son in law Tom, but his real name is Thomas, is that correct, confused again. BG. I notice there are a lot of BG"S around the boards now.  :2funny:

Bets, I guess I miss spoke what I meant is I think it is going slow, but I think there is a reason for that, because it is the last Story line, I will miss

it dearly. The Father having that attack was so real, blood everywhere, when I worked that is exactly how it happened, fast and scary. So they call

the son in law Tom, but his real name is Thomas, is that correct, confused again. BG. I notice there are a lot of BG"S around the boards now.  :2funny:

Yikes!  That was entirely out of character for the show and I had to look away until it was over.  Ugh.  Too much information.