Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What is the Meaning of Your BB User Name?

[Sh...]

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [be...]

Then I will obey!

My user name is twofold.  I've worked with textiles most of my life.  Challis is a diaphanous fabric which describes my clothing... boho hippie flow-y natural fabrics.  I also had a Persian cat who was my best buddy for many years named Challis.

I always wondered about your username. Now I know!  :smitten:

I joined when I was 26 days into a cold turkey detox from a large dose of Ativan. I had just lived through the most horrifying experience of my life. My acute period was horrific. I chose the name benzos-R-cruel....no explanation needed. :-\

I tended to call pretty tight games.  I don't like fights on the field, so I preferred to have the players a little bit mad at me (for not letting them clobber each other) instead of mad at each other.  I still have all of my gear, and have been invited back several times.  But I doubt if I'll ever go back.  Too many things that I'd rather do.

OK, I was not that much of a softy. Especially when I reffed girls' basketball. Then I got on the case of drunken fathers who yelled at their poor little girls......I even called the police on the bad ones.................Good for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is named after my favorite comic book character , he is not very well known and very under rated. He basically kicked thors ass and took his hammer and was about to kill Thor but thors father saved him and betaray bill became a part of the asgardians and got his own hammer endowing him with similar powers as thor. He is the savoir of his people driving around the universe with whats left of his people in cryo freeze aboard his space shuttle scuttlebutt. He just seemed like the perfect character to get me through this, since he had to under go the most painful mental torture and pyshical pain to be chose as his peoples saviour. So i want to be like him struggling through all this pain to save myself. In the picture he is crying which i thought was perfect since it shows you can be a strong powerful person / alien and still cry.

Side note , he also kicked thors ass before he had the hammer so he doesnt need it to be a badass like thor does.........

• 3 weeks later...
Self explanatory,  benzos ARE cruel. I like that name. Mine is what I've held on to throughout this journey. I hope to be better and have faith that I will.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is a combination of my two favorite action heroes from my youth, John Rambo and Conan the Barbarian. Sylvester Stallone and Arnold have made some pretty bad movies in their lives, but they have made some very good ones too, and the original First Blood and Conan the Barbarian were both great movies and great performances.  The books are excellent as well.

Be well and good luck,

Ramcon1

• 2 weeks later...

I study floriculture and the azalea flower has more than one meaning in the language of flowers. One of the meanings is related to sober-mindedness and temperance of the emotions. It also comes from the Greek word azaleos which means dry, because it thrives in dry, light soil.

I've felt like there isn't a lot of water around in this journey and not too grounded, so I thought even emotions is something to try and remember... Just keep things even and level until I make it to the living well of life again...

Also, azaleas are extremely toxic. Even honey made by bees from them can kill you. As we all know, benzos are toxic,... When I got here I was in an extremely scary place because of them.

If that weren't enough the azalea flower was also used to convey the message of fragile and ephemeral passion. I was only fond of benzos and passionate for what they were able to give me (calm and peace) for a very short time.

The number used to be 30, but I first got here when I was 28... Days before I turned 29. I'll be 32 this December.

I study floriculture and the azalea flower has more than one meaning in the language of flowers. One of the meanings is related to sober-mindedness and temperance of the emotions. It also comes from the Greek word azaleos which means dry, because it thrives in dry, light soil.

I've felt like there isn't a lot of water around in this journey and not too grounded, so I thought even emotions is something to try and remember... Just keep things even and level until I make it to the living well of life again...

Also, azaleas are extremely toxic. Even honey made by bees from them can kill you. As we all know, benzos are toxic,... When I got here I was in an extremely scary place because of them.

If that weren't enough the azalea flower was also used to convey the message of fragile and ephemeral passion. I was only fond of benzos and passionate for what they were able to give me (calm and peace) for a very short time.

The number used to be 30, but I first got here when I was 28... Days before I turned 29. I'll be 32 this December.

Very cool!  I enjoy studying plants and herbs, so this was very interesting to me.  So many different meanings!

Do you also study flower essences?

PD  :smitten:

Yes PD, and I am also a "perfect daughter!" Pleased to make your aquaintance, here... Sending love back your way!

I've started al-anon which seems like I can't get enough of the one meeting I go to which happens to feel amazing... I needed this my whole life.

I'm really excited because I want to continue w my floral certification Ed. As soon as possible. Classes start back in the fall.

:smitten:

You mean you have two active accounts here at benzobuddies?

azelea30 and azelea32 are both you?

I didn't know we were allowed to have more than one active account.

Actually, I can't imagine why you'd want more than one.

You mean you have two active accounts here at benzobuddies?

azelea30 and azelea32 are both you?

I didn't know we were allowed to have more than one active account.

Actually, I can't imagine why you'd want more than one.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=159407.msg2130668#msg2130668

You can see from the first post on this one why this happened. I don't use the old one anymore… basically I couldn't find the password for the first one or remember it- only my phone could and it was hard to see/read and see/type on the phone's little screen- which was the only way I could log on anymore (was through my small phone.)

Oh, well, that makes sense. I guess they can't just reset your old password.

This simple machines forum software does have its limitations.

Yes PD, and I am also a "perfect daughter!" Pleased to make your aquaintance, here... Sending love back your way!

I've started al-anon which seems like I can't get enough of the one meeting I go to which happens to feel amazing... I needed this my whole life.

I'm really excited because I want to continue w my floral certification Ed. As soon as possible. Classes start back in the fall.

:smitten:

That's great!  Very few people get the "perfect daughter" meaning.  I've gone to some al-anon meetings myself, but they just don't seem to be what I need at this point in my life.  I do see a counselor, which seems to be a better fit for me.

Good luck with your floral certification.  It is very nice to make your acquaintance also!

Love and Hugs!  :hug:

PD  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

My username is supposed to be like 'sound of mind' ....but the opposite lol. Thought it was pretty fitting for the state I've been in and out of the last few months! (Besides I've always been a little crazy  ;))

That, and I love music and have a passion for great sound :)

• 3 weeks later...

Whoops I got that wrong, the age. Was 29 when I first got here in December 2014... Days before my 30th birthday.