Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What is the Meaning of Your BB User Name?

[Sh...]

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [be...]

This is a great thread!

Through all the hard times, my garden is the one place I find peace. I had a much nicer and more peaceful one when we lived in the country. I miss it tons. I do have a small garden plot in my yard now, but in the city surrounded by noisy neighbors, it's not quite the same. Still, I just have to have a garden of some kind wherever I go or I am lost.

BTW, by garden, I mean my vegetable/herb garden. In the states, we say yard (front yard, back yard) for the space around the house that is mostly lawn.

The numbers are just random.

Yogi, hiking has been an integral part of my recovery journey. I could probably be iHike now.

LOL this gave me a smile today.

XX

She

This is a great thread!

Through all the hard times, my garden is the one place I find peace. I had a much nicer and more peaceful one when we lived in the country. I miss it tons. I do have a small garden plot in my yard now, but in the city surrounded by noisy neighbors, it's not quite the same. Still, I just have to have a garden of some kind wherever I go or I am lost.

BTW, by garden, I mean my vegetable/herb garden. In the states, we say yard (front yard, back yard) for the space around the house that is mostly lawn.

Gardener, my mother was the same.  She had to have her vegetable/herb/flower garden no matter where she landed in her peripatetic life.  I remember having several acres under cultivation when we lived in the country, and when we lived in the city, she leased a small garden plot we would walk to every day.  Big acreage or tiny patch, she took comfort from having her hands in the earth and producing living things.  I can see why it would be your touchstone in life too.  Thanks for sharing.

[89...]

This is a great thread!

Gardener, my mother was the same.  She had to have her vegetable/herb/flower garden no matter where she landed in her peripatetic life.  I remember having several acres under cultivation when we lived in the country, and when we lived in the city, she leased a small garden plot we would walk to every day.  Big acreage or tiny patch, she took comfort from having her hands in the earth and producing living things.  I can see why it would be your touchstone in life too.  Thanks for sharing.

I dream of a garden but have no idea where to start.  My living situation has been peripatetic

(great word She ) as well. Gardener, do you have any recommendations for books about how to start?  I so envy my neighbor who grows peppers and such from pots on her back porch.  I think my son would love this!

Yogi, you would love it, I used to grow a lot on my front patio porch and miss it here, I had arugula, lettuces, all kinds of peppers, and I even learned

how to use seeds from peppers to grow my own with dried seeds, it was so much fun to see the garden grow, and for me to go out and snip off what I

wanted to use, and the herbs, oh Basil to make the best caprese salad. Please gardener, I wish you would

start a thread on growing etc, just to read it would be enough for me. I do grow basil and rosemary in apt. Miss the feeling of having dirt in my hands. :smitten:  :smitten:

Hi, She love your thread, it is fun and takes the mind away from other things. :smitten:

Mine isn't all that creative. B was one of my nicknames cuz people couldn't say my name right so it was easier to shorten. And the raver part is because I became a hardcore "candy kid" raver when I was 18. About 10 years of my life were a total blur of living for the weekends whenever I could afford to get to another party. The summer of 2001 was my "Summer of Love" meeting so many beautiful souls and completely losing myself in the music and ecstatic experience. I could dance for 10-14 hrs nonstop and it would be over in the blink of an eye! Haven't determined if all the ecstasy, LSD, mushrooms, and various research chemicals directly contributed to my present state, yet all the love & memories & friendships of those wonderful years remain deep in my heart and I wouldn't trade it for anything!  :smitten:

This is a great thread!

Thanks, She. It's been a rough week, so your words were very helpful. :smitten:

This is a great thread!

I dream of a garden but have no idea where to start.  My living situation has been peripatetic

(great word She ) as well. Gardener, do you have any recommendations for books about how to start?  I so envy my neighbor who grows peppers and such from pots on her back porch.  I think my son would love this!

I had been all over the place in my gardening, but one book I've enjoyed quite a bit is called Square Foot Gardening. Lots of basic info for beginners and a novel approach that keeps gardening fairly simple. I think there may be a newer version with a similar name that improves on some of his techniques, but I can't think of it now. I do think he tries to squish a bit too much into each square foot. I give my plants a little more room than this book suggests. And my gardens don't look anywhere near as tidy as his do! ::)

Mine isn't all that creative. B was one of my nicknames cuz people couldn't say my name right so it was easier to shorten. And the raver part is because I became a hardcore "candy kid" raver when I was 18. About 10 years of my life were a total blur of living for the weekends whenever I could afford to get to another party. The summer of 2001 was my "Summer of Love" meeting so many beautiful souls and completely losing myself in the music and ecstatic experience. I could dance for 10-14 hrs nonstop and it would be over in the blink of an eye! Haven't determined if all the ecstasy, LSD, mushrooms, and various research chemicals directly contributed to my present state, yet all the love & memories & friendships of those wonderful years remain deep in my heart and I wouldn't trade it for anything!  :smitten:

Very interesting RaverB, thanks for sharing.  Since all of us find ourselves on a drug withdrawal forum, we are all ex-raver wannabees to some extent.  Since you are relatively young, I hope you go on to heal and have wonderful productive life experiences that will eclipse those blurred years in your memory and replace them as your glory days.

:smitten:

She

[9b...]

Saraa, there is also a wonderful Bob Dylan song called "Sara".

Mine is of course from a hobby of mine. I've loved chess since I was a kid. I'd like to get back into tournament chess if/when my mind is finally clear of these horrible benzo drugs. Someday...

[89...]

This is a great thread!

I had been all over the place in my gardening, but one book I've enjoyed quite a bit is called Square Foot Gardening. Lots of basic info for beginners and a novel approach that keeps gardening fairly simple. I think there may be a newer version with a similar name that improves on some of his techniques, but I can't think of it now. I do think he tries to squish a bit too much into each square foot. I give my plants a little more room than this book suggests. And my gardens don't look anywhere near as tidy as his do! ::)

Thanks Gardner, I found it on Amazon

Papa and his friend would talk about the korean war, and when my papa was angered at my brother  I wanted to do something to make my father proud of me due to being a single mom and he did not like that at all, and my bother a drinker, so he was I guess disappointed, so I joined the USNR and knew nothing about waring a uniform or anything, and before the year was up our unit got activated to War, oh my gosh, I had to give my son to my father, and off I went overseas, but I did it so my father would be proud and always wanted to be a flight attendant anyway so went Aircrew, and 3 times combat zone, interestiing time. So I got veteran status. Now if your wondering did this make my papa proud or happy,,,,,,,,nope told me so over the phone in one sentance "  When the f--- am I ever going to have something proud to say about my kids"  no matter I did love being in that cool blue flight suit, was stopped at gas station and asked by these young guys, " are you an astronaught" I laughed and said if I am I did something bad to be standing here in the cold pumping my gas.

Papa and his friend would talk about the korean war, and when my papa was angered at my brother  I wanted to do something to make my father proud of me due to being a single mom and he did not like that at all, and my bother a drinker, so he was I guess disappointed, so I joined the USNR and knew nothing about waring a uniform or anything, and before the year was up our unit got activated to War, oh my gosh, I had to give my son to my father, and off I went overseas, but I did it so my father would be proud and always wanted to be a flight attendant anyway so went Aircrew, and 3 times combat zone, interestiing time. So I got veteran status. Now if your wondering did this make my papa proud or happy,,,,,,,,nope told me so over the phone in one sentance "  When the f--- am I ever going to have something proud to say about my kids"  no matter I did love being in that cool blue flight suit, was stopped at gas station and asked by these young guys, " are you an astronaught" I laughed and said if I am I did something bad to be standing here in the cold pumping my gas.

LadyVeteran, thank you for your service.  Thanks to you and your fellow service members, we enjoy our freedoms here at home.  I am proud of you and probably your papa was too even if he couldn't and wouldn't say it.  And thank you for sharing.

:smitten:

Thank you for such warm and kind word. Yes papa was proud of me, he was just a drinker but rehab at age 55 then not a touch till death at 73, so I think he got grumpy due to the life he enjoyed he could not partake anymore, he told me he never said that, but who knows maybe he did not remember, He had an antique store and sat in back with buddies and they all talked about how well there kids where doing, now these buddie when not veterans, so it irked my papa, so instead of telling them lets talk about something else, he vented and one time I guess wrongly and don't we all, I loved him dearly and miss him to this day wishing I could visit and just hang out, eating candy, (he had lots in a bedroom drawer) so we sit on his California king bed watch TV The Gong Show my stepmom hated so we had to go to the room to watch, so we laugh debated politics, and family and ate Rollo's, I think he was a player though cause I would get off work buy food to make taco's and drive 25 miles to go cook for him, cause stepmom hated them.  So on one trip, I go in the door, papa said "I'm in here Virginia"  so I stick my head in his room, there he is in undies on the bed, I said who is Virgina your wife is named Jean, so he said "get out" go home"  but but I got food ,,,,Go get out,,,,,,,yeah Virgina was stepmom's best friend, well serves her right her family stole forge signatures to take papa home from me and tore up the old trust. So I have no feeling for her she is still there 105 in his home,, think that is my God saying this is for all your backtalk.  ;)  yeah got tons of funny stories I am one of 10 children, mom had all 10 of us by the age 33  so ladies get a move on.  I fired my yardworker a bit ago, said people taking about me, so could not take it ,,, he cried,,, so benzo must of hit in,,,,,,,,,,,,rufff day  thank you all and this site is a Godsend

• 2 weeks later...

Saraa, there is also a wonderful Bob Dylan song called "Sara".

Mine is of course from a hobby of mine. I've loved chess since I was a kid. I'd like to get back into tournament chess if/when my mind is finally clear of these horrible benzo drugs. Someday...

Chessplayer,

I just listened to bob dylan's sara- liked it too- Thanks for letting me know about it.

Chessplayer, i have a sibling that was also good at chess to say the least and would win quite a tidy sum in tournaments, unfortunately he had to give it up due to years of Valium and we all know how that goes. 

So i am so happy you r back on track to getting healthy and persuing the pleasure of life. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Nova- A star that ejects some of its material ( Benzos and poly drugs in my case) in the form of a cloud and become more luminous in the process / A star showing a sudden large increase in brightness and then slowly returning to its original state. (Post Benzos) 

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/Christi_Carr_Sturgeon/Snoopy-happydance.gif

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...