Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What is the Meaning of Your BB User Name?

[Sh...]

This thread has been done before but the original poster has not been active for over 4 years and no new posts to the thread in over a year.  I find it very interesting to know the meaning behind the names of those I interact with regularly.

"SheWhoMust" refers to the BBC television series "Rumpole of the Bailey" about Horace Rumpole, a crusty older barrister and his cast of clients.  His wife is Hilda, whom Horace calls "She Who Must Be Obeyed" behind her back.  Horace has taken the phrase from an actual Rider Haggard book entitled "She" about an Amazonian woman who is the feared queen of a primitive African tribe.  Hilda is a formidable lady who forces herself and Rumpole through life and knows how to get things done. Its one of my all time favorite series.  In withdrawal, I like to picture myself as a strong, formidable woman who can force my way through this nightmare by sheer strength of will.  Hence my user name.

Please share the meaning behind your user name too!

XX

She (who-must-be-obeyed)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [be...]

Then I will obey!

My user name is twofold.  I've worked with textiles most of my life.  Challis is a diaphanous fabric which describes my clothing... boho hippie flow-y natural fabrics.  I also had a Persian cat who was my best buddy for many years named Challis. 

Then I will obey!

My user name is twofold.  I've worked with textiles most of my life.  Challis is a diaphanous fabric which describes my clothing... boho hippie flow-y natural fabrics.  I also had a Persian cat who was my best buddy for many years named Challis.

Challis, I have always pictured you as the homonym "chalice" and see an ornate silver goblet when I read your BB name.  I like the real meaning so much better.  Now I can picture you dressed in a diaphanous challis maxi dress with daisies in your hair and a purring kitty curled at your feet.  Thanks so much for sharing.

:smitten:

She

My name is Gilly Blossom because that's what my dad used to call me. The 4 and the 6 are because that's my door number split in two (46). I did that because BB had asked for numbers as well as letters to form your password and benzo brain got mixed up with password and user name. So that's that!

Good idea for a thread. I also thought that Challis referred to Chalice and always had a vision of the Holy Grail from the legend of King Arthur in my head. So you have enlightened us, Challis!

Then I will obey!

Challis, I have always pictured you as the homonym "chalice" and see an ornate silver goblet when I read your BB name.  I like the real meaning so much better.  Now I can picture you dressed in a diaphanous challis maxi dress with daisies in your hair and a purring kitty curled at your feet.  Thanks so much for sharing.

She

Yes, that would be me!  Only it's three cats and a giant dog.  :laugh:

She, this is a great thread, well when I was little, my Mother would dress me up in a pretty dress with a pinafore and black patent leather shoes, a big

bow in my curly hair. I would sit and swing my legs back and forth, and look all around. Before she left to go get dressed or what have you, she would

give me a kiss on my cheek and say, Now be good, OK, and I would look up at her with my big green eyes and say, oh yes Momma, I will, no sooner

did she leave, but I was off of that chair like a rocket, and if I wasn't outdoors making mud pies, I was trying to get a glass of Kool-Aid, use your

imagination, and she would come looking for me and she had to redress me again, and I would have to stay by her side and" be good". lol. Boy did that

bring some sweet memories." Gulp"  :smitten:

I initially tried many different names but they were all rejected.

At the time the song Sara was going around in my head.  Requested it, rejected and then did a variation with rr's and voila!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgJxpr_8eOY

That's a beautiful song by Stevie Nicks, one of my favorite singers.  I can see why you channeled it into your BB name.

She

My name is Gilly Blossom because that's what my dad used to call me. The 4 and the 6 are because that's my door number split in two (46). I did that because BB had asked for numbers as well as letters to form your password and benzo brain got mixed up with password and user name. So that's that!

Good idea for a thread. I also thought that Challis referred to Chalice and always had a vision of the Holy Grail from the legend of King Arthur in my head. So you have enlightened us, Challis!

I love the forum name Gillyblossoms.  They instantly reminded me of "Brideshead Revisited" when Charles Ryder had the lovely fragrant gilly flowers growing outside his window when he was a student at Oxford.  And that explains the 4 and the 6 too.  You must think of your Dad every time you see it in print.

She

Well, my user name was not very imaginative. I was sick when I registered and combined the state where I live with a fanciful variation of the word cats. Cats because I had four at the time, and I'm sure all of them were gathered round purring as I registered!

She, this is a great thread, well when I was little, my Mother would dress me up in a pretty dress with a pinafore and black patent leather shoes, a big

bow in my curly hair. I would sit and swing my legs back and forth, and look all around. Before she left to go get dressed or what have you, she would

give me a kiss on my cheek and say, Now be good, OK, and I would look up at her with my big green eyes and say, oh yes Momma, I will, no sooner

did she leave, but I was off of that chair like a rocket, and if I wasn't outdoors making mud pies, I was trying to get a glass of Kool-Aid, use your

imagination, and she would come looking for me and she had to redress me again, and I would have to stay by her side and" be good". lol. Boy did that

bring some sweet memories." Gulp"  :smitten:

Begood, I loved reading that vignette from your childhood!  I can just see you looking all angelic and promising to "be good" and then looking for trouble the moment your mother's back was turned.  I'll bet you are a bit of a devil to this day.  Sweet!

She

Well, my user name was not very imaginative. I was sick when I registered and combined the state where I live with a fanciful variation of the word cats. Cats because I had four at the time, and I'm sure all of them were gathered round purring as I registered!

Well Oregonkatz, now I can picture you in the great forested northwest surrounded by kitties!

She

Shewhomust,

I am going to look up the BBC television Rumpole and see if i can watch here in the US somehow.  Thanks for sharing, i know i would want to chanel such a character too, especially now :smitten:

begood,

Thats a great memory to have.  Now i understand the love you have for your mother and hence the beautiful roses.  This love will see you through. :thumbsup::smitten:

Clona...well, it is obvious...21 is the name of my small race dog that sleeps with me. She was so small when I adopted her that her head/body ratio was 2/1...thus 21.

:)

This thread has been done before but the original poster has not been active for over 4 years and no new posts to the thread in over a year.  I find it very interesting to know the meaning behind the names of those I interact with regularly.

"SheWhoMust" refers to the BBC television series "Rumpole of the Bailey" about Horace Rumpole, a crusty older barrister and his cast of clients.  His wife is Hilda, whom Horace calls "She Who Must Be Obeyed" behind her back.  Horace has taken the phrase from an actual Rider Haggard book entitled "She" about an Amazonian woman who is the feared queen of a primitive African tribe.  Hilda is a formidable lady who forces herself and Rumpole through life and knows how to get things done. Its one of my all time favorite series.  In withdrawal, I like to picture myself as a strong, formidable woman who can force my way through this nightmare by sheer strength of will.  Hence my user name.

Please share the meaning behind your user name too!

XX

She (who-must-be-obeyed)

I just knew that one. Great show.

Take a guess on how I got my name? :D

Take a guess on how I got my name? :D

OK, well, I guess Ben's your o' man, and you're Ben's o' girl.

Right?

How did you know my hubby's name was Ben, Evan?  :D :D

[82...]

fun thread...

I dream of the mountains, and lucky for me I live at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. I never feel as good as when I am in the mountains. I will never forget the day my husband and I climbed up to a pass outside of Telluride.  There was a lake at the top of the pass called Hope Lake.  This was the summer of 2014.  I was suffering from intense PAWS from opiates and on 3mg of Ativan to help with sleep and anxiety.  I always felt like I was underwater and I was kind-of in the world but definitely not of it.  It was sunny and cold up there even in July. So I went to the edge of the lake, took off all of my clothes, and jumped in! The water was ice cold as there were still snow fields up on the pass.  The shock to my system and resulting feeling was exquisite.  I was completely normal.  It was as if I had never taken a drug or was sick.  The anxiety was completely gone, and it was off the charts in those days.  Colors were bright, sounds were clear, the world seemed welcoming and hopeful. It lasted for 48 hours then it all crept back in.  It became clear to me that I had to be outdoors to heal myself.  When I would start shaking, mid-day everyday, I would head out, and like magic, after being in the foothills on a hike with my pups for 20 minutes, the shaking would stop.  Like one of my bodywork mentors told me, "Give it to the mountain"---and I do, regularly.  The energy of the Mountains transmutes the pain and anxiety of my body.  And so I go there regularly regardless of the season. 

The yogi, well, "one who seeks union."

I seek to harmonize my system and develop the body, mind, and spirit through asana and breathing practices.  But it is so much more than that......

My yoga is one of the reasons I have survived through all of this.  I do not do asana- I cannot right now.  But I can do internal yoga because yoga is also a way of thinking, a moral compass by which to direct one's life.  Even now I can deal with the ugliness and vitriol of my internal dialogue with equanimity.  So I do internal yoga for now and strive to become one with self, fellow beings, and creator.

To whomever takes the time to read this, thank you for being my witness.  This exercise is a helpful reminder of how to set my sail in the new year.

Happy New Year Buddies :smitten:

So very touching Yogi, it explains a lot, thanks for sharing, I also agree, to be out in the elements, and see the beauty and

smell the air, for a while nothing is important at that moment but just being with nature and all its beauty and calm.  :thumbsup::smitten:

fun thread...

I dream of the mountains, and lucky for me I live at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. I never feel as good as when I am in the mountains. I will never forget the day my husband and I climbed up to a pass outside of Telluride.  There was a lake at the top of the pass called Hope Lake.  This was the summer of 2014.  I was suffering from intense PAWS from opiates and on 3mg of Ativan to help with sleep and anxiety.  I always felt like I was underwater and I was kind-of in the world but definitely not of it.  It was sunny and cold up there even in July. So I went to the edge of the lake, took off all of my clothes, and jumped in! The water was ice cold as there were still snow fields up on the pass.  The shock to my system and resulting feeling was exquisite.  I was completely normal.  It was as if I had never taken a drug or was sick.  The anxiety was completely gone, and it was off the charts in those days.  Colors were bright, sounds were clear, the world seemed welcoming and hopeful. It lasted for 48 hours then it all crept back in.  It became clear to me that I had to be outdoors to heal myself.  When I would start shaking, mid-day everyday, I would head out, and like magic, after being in the foothills on a hike with my pups for 20 minutes, the shaking would stop.  Like one of my bodywork mentors told me, "Give it to the mountain"---and I do, regularly.  The energy of the Mountains transmutes the pain and anxiety of my body.  And so I go there regularly regardless of the season. 

The yogi, well, "one who seeks union."

I seek to harmonize my system and develop the body, mind, and spirit through asana and breathing practices.  But it is so much more than that......

My yoga is the reason I have survived through all of this.  I do not do asana- I cannot right now.  But I can do internal yoga because yoga is also a way of thinking, a moral compass by which to direct one's life.  Even now I can deal with the ugliness and vitriol of my internal dialogue with equanimity.  So I do internal yoga for now and strive to become one with self, fellow beings, and creator.

To whomever takes the time to read this, thank you for being my witness.  This exercise is a helpful reminder of how to set my sail in the new year.

Happy New Year Buddies :smitten:

Well that is an inspirational anecdote.  I too love the mountains and used to experience the same kind of transcendental state when we lived in the Denver area and would go on day trips into the foothills. I can see why you would incorporate it into your BB user name.  Thank you for posting.