Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Advice on a laptop?

[be...]

Hi: I want to buy a small lap top~~11.5 inches or so. I saw a Dell Inspirion touchscreen 4GB, 500 GB hard drive, but it does not contain the Microsoft package, at least at Staples. They would charge me $250 to install that, and only a partial install. Plus the only search engine is IE. I would like a small lap top. Does anyone out there have a lap top they really like or would recommend? I hope to buy it on Amazon, along with a mouse. I much earlier had a Toshiba that I liked a lot. I am not interested in Apple. Thanks. BTW, I don't want to pay a ton of money for one. Just one that is easy to use.

Bets

Hi BG

I've just bought a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. It has a 15.5" screen, and I'm happy with it. It came with Windows 10, but no Office software. I doubt that many of them do these days. Usually you have to install your own.

I have the Office 2010 disc from my previous laptop, so I just installed that, but eventually I'll upgrade to the new one which is called 365 I think, but I don't know if you can buy the disc anymore. I was told you now have to "subscribe online" so I need to look into that because that just sounds like it's a new way for Microsoft to make even more money out of us.

The Dell laptop does come with IE and Windows email of course, both of which I hate, so I just installed Firefox and Thunderbird for free.