Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I quit smoking a day at a time!

[vi...]

I quit smoking on Wednesday on accident. I had left my cigarettes outside on Tuesday night and when I went for my morning cig they were soaked. I decided that this was the moment to quit. I am actually glad to focus on the cold turkey of nicotine wd. At this point the nicotine wd is peaking- 3 days but if I can fight the benzo beast I can quit smoking.

It is funny/ironic that the drugs I am addicted to are "legal".

Has anyone else heard this- being a heavy smoker increases likelihood of benzo addiction because you need more benzos than a nonsmoker to get the effects because nicotine down regulates in the brain and reduces the available acetylcholine?

Has anyone else heard this- being a heavy smoker increases likelihood of benzo addiction because you need more benzos than a nonsmoker to get the effects because nicotine down regulates in the brain and reduces the available acetylcholine?

I guess that would be me. :'(

Bets

That sounds feasible to me. Good Luck with your ciggie withdrawal. Save the money you would spend on them and you will be amazed that you could afford them. Then get yourself a big treat with the money.  :)

I usually spent 20-25 a week on them.. so when it gets to Wednesday I am going to buy my kids and a cookie cake and add an ESPN package to our cable :)

I don't know about that but WD made me smoke even more before the effects of smoking added to WD, :D :D :D So it was the opposite, I stopped smoking CT when I became aware I was in severe tolerance WD nearly a year ago. Still feel like hell  :o but I got rid of 4000 poisons just by stopping cigarettes, keep up the good work Violet, our brains need all the help it can get  :thumbsup:

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks :). I realize that I was habituated to smoke- all the activities I associate with smoking- reading the paper, getting off work, driving in the car to work, when I finish grocery shopping, when I wake up, and when my daughter goes to bed are all smoking times. As long as I am cognizant of that then I can control it.

• 2 weeks later...