Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Getting Ready for Christmas

[re...]

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xd/351-10.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=C346AAA23973F87BC75C1CE9982CE5954E7679DD01108BC651D5C648FF53E31CA55A1E4F32AD3138Well ok, so today we rode out into the woods,
picked a tree, cut it down, and hauled it home.

Sure hope the Park Service doesn't find out.

4G reception was pretty good out there.
This is what we listened to:
The Ronettes - Sleigh Ride

Of course, before we went to YouTube, we installed AdBlock Plus.
It absolutely stopped all those annoying YouTube spams.

And now on the way home, we're trying to come up with other songs to listen to.

If you have any ideas, go ahead and post
the name of the song and the link to an online
performance of it - meaning YouTube, usually,
but not always. The song should fit the occasion.

We'll continue the story when we get the tree home...

Still don't know how to do that, redevan. Am stupid with computers. But you could listen to Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, that's quite a good one.

You are early with your tree. Over here in the UK, most people put them up about a week before Christmas. Perhaps Thanksgiving makes you want to start " the holidays" early? Gilly x

redevan, you know I am still learning, but one of my favorite Xmas songs is "So This Is Xmas", I think that is the name. I am still learning, will never give up, I will be able someday to

do YouTube etc.  8)  :smitten:

be good, is that the John Lennon song that you mean? If it is, then redevan will have to go on YouTube and find Happy Christmas (War is Over) by John Lennon, Yoko Ono and the Plastic Ono Band !!!

What a hell of a title!

And it is a good song, you're right.  Gilly xxx

[6f...]
We usually get/do our tree 2-3 weeks before Christmas.  Same for the outdoor lights.  As for music (and not being a big fan of traditional xmas music), there's nothing like Soma FM's 'xmas in frisco'.  Definitely bent.

4Gillyblossom6, Yes it is John Lennon. Oh redevan is so good with that YouTube thing, but I am going to learn, I do know how to listen on my devices''''''''' :angel:

redevan, I did it on my Oldies but Goodies thread""""" 'lol''''''''  can't ever say I am a quitter  :clap::yippee::clap: can I. old dogs

can learn new tricks'''''''''''  :laugh:

Thanks for everything and taking your time to write out a detailed course for us, I thought I had a lot of

of patience but you have it and it serves us all well here on BB. Many checks are coming in the mail for

you Evan, you may need a bigger mailbox for all the loot. Spend it wisely.  :highfive::D:clap: Thanks for

being a bright light, that gives us here something else  to think of, and about your tickers, perhaps,

since you are coming into a great deal of Checks in the Mail, you can hire a housekeeper to help you

with your bathrobe, dusting etc.  :2funny:

I know, the pic is not in the with the song, but I couldn't even get the songs for the last two days, I

did not explain, I just was so excited to be able to post tunes again. Baby steps,  :D

"Feliz Navidad"                Jose Feliciano

Nice one! Partially in Español!!!  :)