Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Advantages of being on your own in wd

[Cl...]

As living alone has many dissadvantages in wd...I would say all!...I would like to hear if you find any advantage.

One: I can play meditation videos at high volume in my TV. When falling sleep I do not need to switch TV off, in fact, meditation videos are still going on at almost 9 AM, I put them last night at about 9PM.

Two...Geeez! I cannot find other one!...to bother no one?

You can come home after a long day of dealing with w/d's at work and just be yourself, no more trying to pretend to be OK for anyone else. As someone who just moved out after a 3 year relationship- I can say that all the energy I was putting into that relationship I am starting to put into getting myself where I want to be without having to worry about accommodating my life around anyone else's!

You know, I was just wondering this myself. Would I be better off alone? I'm so sad from the way my adult kids drag me down and I drag them down. One is with me and one nearby. They're all I have, but I wonder if they are doing me more harm than good and visa versa.  :'(

Gardener, I am sorry about your situation with your Sons, I hope they manage to understand you better, they will, plus You are going to heal and Then happy family times.

Gilly, Bets, You are absolutely right! Can you imagine to cook for someone in wd? Geeez!  ;D

Tumble, to arrive home and shoutting "I need no more masks", how wonderful is...Sometimes...to arrive at our quiet home after a stressful Day at work! A blessing!

I thought of another one: we have to wake up...to feed the dogs, to pay the bills, to work...somebody has to work and there is no one else  :-X

Other important one: bathroom is only for everyone of us!  :)

I can leave my nightgown on all day if I want, and I don't have to comb my hair or put makeup on, I can cook what I want, and not be a short

order cook. I don't have to fight for remote control, I can have toe jam between my toes, if I want''''''''' :2funny:  :yippee:

Begood, You found lots a advantages!  :laugh:

Other one: Nobody can spend our money while we are in a cog fog state  :laugh:

Other one: no shoutting to anyone...at least at home  :angel:

Clona, I have a son with me and a daughter nearby. And, even with my adult son with me (though he is usually at work or school), I still often stay in my nightgown all day. He doesn't care! :thumbsup:

Clona, I can keep my home as messy as I want. Personally, I don't like a messy place, but my brain just hasn't gotten the message that my condo needs to be kept clean except when I'm in a window. Then I start working in a frenzy, suddenly noticing how much is out of place and dirty.

I can lie on the couch or be in bed during the day and no one questions me or gives me a hard time.

And cooking - I don't have to cook for anyone.

The dishes can pile up, and no one gets upset.

The cleaning, dishes not being done, and lying down all day if I want are things that I wouldn't feel good about at all if I were my true self again, but during w/d I've actually been glad that I live alone (except for having to do everything on my own).

I almost alone since my grown son is rarely here. And I like it that way. If I feel like crying I can cry as much as I want and I don't need to worry about dragging anybody down. And if I'm in a window I can sing along to my music really loud and nobody complains!  8)

Oh, here's another good one, my therapist told me to stay off of Benzo Buddies. Well, who's going to catch me and turn me in?  :laugh:

Some therapist. My pdoc told me to stay on BB. He says it's good to have people who are in the same boat to connect with. He added that he can't help too much cause he's never gone through the process. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I am naked while I type this. :laugh:

Oh, here's another good one, my therapist told me to stay off of Benzo Buddies. Well, who's going to catch me and turn me in?  :laugh:

Some therapist. My pdoc told me to stay on BB. He says it's good to have people who are in the same boat to connect with. He added that he can't help too much cause he's never gone through the process. :thumbsup:

Ha ha! We're not looking!

My therapist apparently thinks I imagine symptoms based on what I read and/or am possibly actually an addict. Actually, I should say former therapist since she just fired me yesterday with no real explanation. I take that as she does think I'm an addict because nobody could be having such a bad time coming off if they weren't abusing.  >:( 

Good riddance to bad rubbish, but now I need to find another because my prescriber requires I have a therapist.

And I am going to console myself with chocolate and there's nobody here to stop me. ;D

Ha ha! We're not looking!

My therapist apparently thinks I imagine symptoms based on what I read and/or am possibly actually an addict. Actually, I should say former therapist since she just fired me yesterday with no real explanation. I take that as she does think I'm an addict because nobody could be having such a bad time coming off if they weren't abusing.  >:( 

Good riddance to bad rubbish, but now I need to find another because my prescriber requires I have a therapist.

And I am going to console myself with chocolate and there's nobody here to stop me. ;D

Hey I just had some Italian chocolate. So yummy. Good bye, therapist! Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. My pdoc does his own therapy. Lucky me.

Same in here: my Doctor who helped me during Taper said the same many times to me: stay off of that forum, you cannot be in wd any longer since you are taking only 0.6 or 0.3, or...

Other one: to spend hours in Benzobuddies  :smitten:

Spending time in chair trying to not fall off and if I did no one here to see me, so will stay on floor if I want and have my own version of a slumber

party face planting the floor. and grabbing a blanket and pillow, now.  :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: see you again soon.