Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

WRONG FORUM

[SP...]

BENZO BUDDIES    mmmmmmmmmm  I am sorry but I thought it was a forum for people who liked Benzos and were buddies . The name is very wrong for a withdrawal forum  BENZO MADNESS  is a cool name and implies your having trouble with BENZO,s  I am sorry I cannot share your  views has ATIVAN  has helped my live a life I would have taken from my family many year ago without it.  Members on such tiny dose,s  and need years to get off is very weird to me , that to me seem that the med is stronger than your anxiety  and you should never have taken them in the first  place , if in great mental pain you would walk over broken glass bare foot  or a lot worse  to escape the pain, I wonder how many have been in MENTAL HOSPITAL  not many I think. you were caught up in the benzo before AD syndrome and was hooked  ,PROZAC  is a med that works without benzos if you can wait 12 weeks for kick in  , it pooped out on me many years ago. my illness is a life illness like my dad we learn to live with it but I chose meds he didn't and was the nasties person on the planet to his family , I swore I never be like that , so I will take anything not to be and 6mg of ATIVAN stops me from being my dad . SO withdrawal is not an option because I will not recover I am mentally ill . loose the Ativan I still will be mentally ill, and all the crap therapy . CTB  I don't need I have no OCD or anxiety with crowds an people I go to rock concerts even at my age  , I was in bands when young and coped with drink and  a take when needed Ativan You members are still hear years later , still detoxing and suffering or why are you still be hear . I am off to do 14 mile on my bike now ,life is life , so never say never  8)

[df...]

I'm glad that Ativan is working for you.  It worked well for me too for a while, then it didn't.  Interesting that you found the forum and registered without noticing the (prominent) mission statement:  BenzoBuddies: an inclusive, nonjudgmental mutual-support environment for those who wish to withdraw from benzodiazepines

Your empathy regarding the suffering of some of our forum members who are withdrawing is noted.  I still be hear (sic) to support those who seek support - much like your pharmacist supports your needs.

Enjoy the bike ride.  I do a lot of cycling too (even at my age). 8)

[7a...]

Hi, Space Cadet.

You may want to look into the various depression and anxiety forums that are out there. A good place to start is the National Alliance on Mental Illness. This is an advocacy group that is funded by the pharmaceutical industry and is very pro-medication.

Since my mental illness was created by these drugs, now that I'm medication free, I have no mental illness. And my memory and cognitive functioning are slowly returning. In many ways, I'm already better off now than I was on drugs.

But yes, as badsocref posted, this is a benzo withdrawal site. If you do wish to withdrawal, you'll get lots of support.

And if not, these other sites might give you the kind of support you're looking for.

BENZO BUDDIES    mmmmmmmmmm  I am sorry but I thought it was a forum for people who liked Benzos and were buddies .

:laugh: You've got a point there actually.....I wish you well.

You know what is so hilarious, Space Cadet?  I once loved benzos just like you do now.  So did a lot of other people on here.  You can't understand why we're on here because you haven't tried to come off the Ativan yet.  Go look at the literature your prescription comes with.  It will likely advise you not to take them for more than a few weeks.  There's a good reason for this, which you may or may not find out about later. 

You know what is so hilarious, Space Cadet?  I once loved benzos just like you do now.  So did a lot of other people on here.  You can't understand why we're on here because you haven't tried to come off the Ativan yet.  Go look at the literature your prescription comes with.  It will likely advise you not to take them for more than a few weeks.  There's a good reason for this, which you may or may not find out about later.

I'm guessing he'll be back, sooner or later. Probably later. ::)

Bets, are you off Valium now then? I bet that's fantastic! Gilly xxx

Not yet Gilly, I had to check it.....because I thought I missed Bets's

soft landing... :laugh::smitten:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=146216.msg1967839#msg1967839

Claudia: I was saving that for a different day. How did you manage to find my on anxiety? I rarely visit there, as I have none. I bet you did a name search, you sneaky little devil. You can meet me on Dec. 22.

Claudia: I was saving that for a different day. How did you manage to find my on anxiety? I rarely visit there, as I have none. I bet you did a name search, you sneaky little devil. You can meet me on Dec. 22.

:laugh: I'm cracking up now Bets.....love being a sneaky little devil. hahaha :-*

Right, gonna look for you on the 22nd....I promise. :thumbsup: