Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone watching the HBO series "The Leftovers"?

[93...]

[93...]
I started watching "The Leftovers", an HBO series. Intense. Takes place in the aftermath of an event where 2% of the worlds population disappeared on Oct 14 (which happens to be my birthday!?). Most of the characters are in some sort of grief, civilization seems to be collapsing, all kinds of weird cults around. Lots of religious themes. A bit of a downer, but the acting, imagery, music, and mood are all really well done. Maybe not the best thing to watch while in benzo withdrawal though...?!

I started watching "The Leftovers", an HBO series. Intense. Takes place in the aftermath of an event where 2% of the worlds population disappeared on Oct 14 (which happens to be my birthday!?). Most of the characters are in some sort of grief, civilization seems to be collapsing, all kinds of weird cults around. Lots of religious themes. A bit of a downer, but the acting, imagery, music, and mood are all really well done. Maybe not the best thing to watch while in benzo withdrawal though...?!

YIKES.  Having been raised in an apocalyptic religion, this series would put me over the edge I'm afraid.  These days, something calm, slow and soothing is more my style.  Think those BBC period pieces!

XX

She

[93...]
Well, I like BBC period pieces also. Recommendation if you can find it: The Crimson Petal and the White. It was a 4-part series on BBC a few years ago. Takes place in Dickens-era London. A beautiful but scheming prostitute seduces her way into the heart and home of a rich but weak-willed man, casting aside his mentally unbalanced wife along the way. The series puts you right in London of that era with all its squalor. Very well done.

That sounds really good.  I just finished "Death Comes to Pemberly"  A BBC production of PD James' last book as a sequel to Austin's Pride and Prejudice.  If you like intense dramas, have you seen the Netflix series "Rectify"?  OMG. This one manages to be slow and intense at the same time. I also liked Gillian Anderson in "The Fall"

She

The Leftovers is my favorite TV series currently, first season was spellbinding but second season so far is a whole new level of bizarre!