Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Facebook and Twitter questions/ how to campaign on the web?

[lo...]

I am a novice at these things.  don't really like Facebook or Twitter but they have their uses.

I shared a web link on my FB page and wrote a long commentary to go with it - about benzos of course - and asked my friends to share it.  I now realise that when they share it my commentary disappears and only the web link is shared.  So I reposted and come the publicly option so anyone can see it.  So far so good.

But where is my post available so anyone can see it?  If you are just Joe Bloggs are you likely to come across my post.

Where is it exactly?

OK, now for Twitter.  What is the point of tweeting when you have NO followers like me.  Who is going to bother to read my tweets if I decide to write any.  I could tweet about benzos but how is that going to help if no-one pays any attention.

Some of you folk must know. 

Indeed how can you mount an effective web campaign?  Any PR folk out there? 

[41...]

Are you a member of the Benzodiazepine Awareness & Legal Action FB group?  Looks like they have about 100 followers.

You can always pay FB to promote your post.  If you do, your post will move to the top of your friends' pages unless they deliberately select to read the most recent posts first (they have to make that selection each day or it defaults back to 'most popular' (the most popular posts are often the ones that somebody paid to have promoted).

Are you a member of the Benzodiazepine Awareness & Legal Action FB group?  Looks like they have about 100 followers.

You can always pay FB to promote your post.  If you do, your post will move to the top of your friends' pages unless they deliberately select to read the most recent posts first (they have to make that selection each day or it defaults back to 'most popular' (the most popular posts are often the ones that somebody paid to have promoted).

Yes, I am a member of that FB Group but we are planning a campaign from the UK so I think we need a new FB page to front it.  It is only an idea at this stage.  I didn't know you could pay FB.  I don't know about that!!!  I didn't even know you could pay FB.  All very interesting.  I keep learning.  :) :)

Thanks

Fiona  :smitten:

[41...]

Yes, I am a member of that FB Group <snip>

Thanks

Fiona  :smitten:

Ah yes.  I see you there.  Many of my BB friends are in this little group.  I don't know if they'll ever do anything, but at least there is a presence.  811 members (not 100). 

I just tweeted various politicians here in the UK.  Everyone could Tweet their politicians.

Would it make any difference? 

I guess everything adds up.