Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Where's The Humor In All This?

[so...]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [so...]

• [...]

• [Be...]

• [be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

22.  I save money not downloading iTunes.  Everything sounds like nails on a chalkboard.  I never thought I'd be grateful to be deaf in one ear and hard of hearing in the other.

That's funny, Kian, about your suspense/thriller movies. . . . Everything scares me, too.  I'm glad Halloween is over.  It was terrifying. 

1.  My memory is shot now, so I can't remember all the bad, irresponsible stuff I've done in my life.

2.  I save money on gas and wear and tear on my car because I don't drive anymore.

3.  I save wear and tear on my washing machine because I don't do laundry much anymore. 

4.  Don't wearout any of my nice clothes now because I don't wear them anymore or have anywhere to go since I've been homebound now for almost 3 years.

5.  My oven looks brand new because I can't bake anymore. 

Thanks to my extreme hearing sensitivity, I'll never suffer from hearing loss.  I hear better than dogs do now.

good hyper acusis joke, becky.  :thumbsup:

23.  i traded my driver's license for a photo id but when i run into someone in the hallway of the house, i feel like i was in a car accident.

Thanks to my loss of appetite, I'm now underweight instead of overweight.

I don't eat junkfood anymore since my body can't tolerate it.

I have nice long hair now--um, yea, right--since I can't get out to get a haircut.

My obsessing is so bad, that I need to clean spots and stains out of everything, so no more stains on clothes and bedspreads, etc. 

I'm 5'3" and used to weigh 250 lbs.  I was a bowling ball.  I weigh 107 now and look like a skeleton draped with wet crepe paper.  I have to run around in the shower to get wet.

24.  i tried to donate my body to medical science, but they wouldn't even give me fifty bucks for it.  they said it's all in my head.

Kian, I sure do understand what you said about needing counseling to deal with being misunderstood by the world.  I understand you and what you're going through.  It's not so humorous, but pathetic.  The anonymous malady.   

This thread is so funny.  Well done, for all the humour in the midst of all the misery.  :thumbsup:

Well I lied in my first post.  I haven't really saved a lot of money.  >:( >:(

I needed a new tablet computer, a new mobile phone, a new printer, a new laptop ......

So that I can continue to live in this luxurious bubble and conduct my exciting cyber life.  In fact I have no need to live in the outside world ever again. 

Except to get my teeth pulled ... can't do that online .....  :'( :'(

[95...]

Since my cat is nocturnal and I have insomnia, I really think we're starting to bond.

Is it possible to be a compulsive slob?  I've been obsessively cleaning the garage, kitchen, bathroom... but my front bedroom looks like my closet threw up - there is crap all over the place.  I've lost the cat in there more than once. (Maybe the cat was actually hiding and not really lost... but I couldn't find her.)

I always get the garbage out to the curb on time because I'm always awake.

Finally got my pillows arranged just right.

I have more pajamas than "real" clothes - saving a bunch on laundry!

I no longer need face cream, as the lines are so deep that I can place dimes in many places, and they are very secure, what I am using now is cement to smooth the lines out  :2funny: