Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Who is your fictional pop culture spirit animal at this point?

[vi...]

I thought this would be a fun topic- who is your spirit animal for this point in your life?

I am a big fan of the Walking Dead comic book series ( forget about the obvious metaphors between zombies and medicated populace or mindless consumerism or destruction of resources) and last night's 90 minute Morgan origin story had me riveted because Morgan as a character has been through hell. He watched his wife eat his son and them both become walkers, Last night the story showed how he went from scary crazy guy to Master Yoda. He is my current spirit animal as I recover and start to heal the damage I have done to my brain. Morgan is now on a journey of the soul and his pacifism is displaying how grim and violent the world is for him and his compatriots, Yes zombies eat you but who is more dangerous them or other people? Morgan' s decision to respect life is in stark contrast to the brutality of the other main characters and for that he is my fictional pop culture spirit animal.

So who is yours?

Mine is Cowardly lion from Wizard of OZ

In hindsight, I think benzo was nothing more than my courage pill.

I'm on a journey to gain back my courage...haha

Some quote from Wiki about him

Since lions are supposed to be "The Kings of Beasts," the Cowardly Lion believes that his fear makes him inadequate. He does not understand that courage means acting in the face of fear, which he does frequently. Only during the aftereffects of the Wizard's gift, when he is under the influence of an unknown liquid substance that the Wizard orders him to drink (Benzo) is he not filled with fear. He argues that the courage from the Wizard is only temporary, although he continues to do brave deeds while openly and embarrassedly fearful.

Mine is Cowardly lion from Wizard of OZ

In hindsight, I think benzo was nothing more than my courage pill.

I'm on a journey to gain back my courage...haha

Some quote from Wiki about him

Since lions are supposed to be "The Kings of Beasts," the Cowardly Lion believes that his fear makes him inadequate. He does not understand that courage means acting in the face of fear, which he does frequently. Only during the aftereffects of the Wizard's gift, when he is under the influence of an unknown liquid substance that the Wizard orders him to drink (Benzo) is he not filled with fear. He argues that the courage from the Wizard is only temporary, although he continues to do brave deeds while openly and embarrassedly fearful.

You are  the cowardly lion with benzos and now you are a courageous lion! It ain't easy being aware of the world as it can be a brutal place. OTOH I don't want to just float through the next 9 years remembering hardly anything. I will fight this drug with my Bo Stick!

I will fight this drug with my Bo Stick!

haha. I think that's about the spirit!

Not a courageous lion yet. 

But hope to gain that medal of courage one day.  :smitten:

I will fight this drug with my Bo Stick!

haha. I think that's about the spirit!

Not a courageous lion yet. 

But hope to gain that medal of courage one day.  :smitten:

You will! I wonder if all the other BB's realize that just by signing up you are taking a step towards declaring your freedom. The longest journeys begin with one step  :thumbsup:

There is only one animal/creature that would suffice...Chewbacca..

I like it Leo- Chewy is the coolest character in Star Wars. Don't we all feel like growling and snapping sometimes  :thumbsup: