Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Guilty Pleasures

[Sh...]

This ordeal takes so many positive things from us and replaces them with so much misery.  Let's recount our pleasures, no matter how tiny and shake our fist at the benzo demon!  Here's one of mine.

Project Runway!  Somehow watching the creative process and seeing people focused on the seemingly trivial pursuit of fashion lifts my spirits.  It gives me hope that someday soon I'll be focused on that new outfit to wear to a social event and not on this awful mess that is my life right now.

She

Taking a slow drive to watch the NE fall foliage.

OOH I miss fall.  Down here in the deep south we don't get much seasonal variation.  Winters are very nice, summer is brutal but no real spring or fall.

She

Watching Aidan Turner do anything!  Swoon!

Well Gillyblossom I had to look this fella up and I agree, he is very easy on the eyes.  I also read that he is currently playing the lead in the new BBC Poldark series.  I loved the first series when it came out in the 70"s.  Is this the same story?  I think I recall that you live in England?

XX

She

I'm not sure that this qualifies as a guilty pleasure but lately I've gone back to listing to classical music.  I have it on in the background most of my waking hours.  It feels very soothing to my brain.  Chopin's nocturnes, Vivaldi, Mozart all seem to have a calming effect on my poor fried brain.

I like classical music as well - only the quiet kind, it seems to have that soothing effect on my brain too.

Fiona  :smitten:

I agree Fiona.  I can't stand Bach and Wagner, too ponderous and dark.  Only the soothing piano etudes and soft melodic strings.

She

She, I also listen to Chopin. Didn't know that my friend Fiona did. Hi Fiona!

Yes, Aidan is gorgeous isn't he? It is a remake of the original Poldark from the 1970's. Aidan is something like twelve years younger than me. But a cougar can dream…..!!!

And yes, I live in England. Good to meet you and thank you for replying to my post earlier. Gx

Listening to Rainymood.com while surfing the web.  The sound of rain is immensely calming for me.  :smitten:

Love this!  As a child I used to love to lie in the hayloft and listen to the rain on the tin roof.  I could nestle down into the hay and look out at the rain over the hills and meadows and feel so happy.

She

Well, I've been lying on the bed eating chocolate and I did think 'you should be enjoying this!' so I concentrated on the taste a bit more and it was rather pleasing!

How come we've never crossed before? I didn't know of you till earlier today and now we've crossed three times! x

I've only been here a week - this time.  This is my second time at this rodeo.  But its my last!  Its worse this time around.  Off since July 26.  Marking time waiting to be functional God please again.  We have to do this!  The alternatives are not to be entertained!

XX

She

I have a weakness for bad sci-fi, like rocks hitting the earth. Of course I like the good stuff too but I'll read and watch some pretty bad stuff because it's distracting and/or makes me laugh. Loved Sharknado.

I like listening to ocean sounds on youtube and recently lots of music from the 60s and 70s. Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.

Every day I spend some time on Imgur http://imgur.com/gallery flipping through the most viral images. There can be some pretty funny stuff. Some of it's dumb but there's been some interesting stuff to. Like posts on "the worst thing I've ever been through." Love pet pics and videos.

Yes kindling.  Adding very dry flammable wood to a banked fire and it flares up again.  That's pretty much what I did to my nervous system when I took several doses of .25 Xanax.  I took 12-15 doses I estimate over several months but that was enough.  I took most of them during a trip to Europe in the spring.  Trip of a lifetime and I could not cower in my room and let my honey down.  I really enjoyed that trip and I remember thinking "I'll think about the consequences later"  Well its later!  There are no free rides with these demon drugs.  Bygones.  I have beat myself up enough and I am now trying to just look forward.  How about you?

She

Well, I've been lying on the bed eating chocolate and I did think 'you should be enjoying this!' so I concentrated on the taste a bit more and it was rather pleasing!

How come we've never crossed before? I didn't know of you till earlier today and now we've crossed three times! x

Love me some chocolate!  I have a square or two of dark chocolate every day with a cup of French Vanilla decaf and lots of hot steamy milk.  Its a guilty pleasure I look forward to!

She

I have a weakness for bad sci-fi, like rocks hitting the earth. Of course I like the good stuff too but I'll read and watch some pretty bad stuff because it's distracting and/or makes me laugh. Loved Sharknado.

I like listening to ocean sounds on youtube and recently lots of music from the 60s and 70s. Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.

Every day I spend some time on Imgur http://imgur.com/gallery flipping through the most viral images. There can be some pretty funny stuff. Some of it's dumb but there's been some interesting stuff to. Like posts on "the worst thing I've ever been through." Love pet pics and videos.

Sounds like some great ways to relax and distract!  I have to confess I am a Netflix binge watcher.  Some of the offerings like Rectify or The Fall are intense and I can't watch too much of it.  But I've also watched a lot of fluffy stuff like Friends, Cheers, Gilmore Girls.  Also stuff from the 70's.  The Rockford Files always entertains me and its like a time capsule!

She

When I'm home alone, I stream Digitally Imported electronic music on my phone and rave dance around my living room, remembering the 'good ol days' when I was 18 dropping MDMA practically every other weekend, in love with the whole world. Hard to believe that was 15 years ago! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

My guilty pleasure would be a good glass of red wine, and some cheese and bread and just sit and watch all the people walking around, as I love to people watch and I would do this at an outdoor cafe somewhere in Europe, with an extensive bank account'''''''lol  :yippee: on a nice warm spring day.  :smitten:

My guilty pleasure would be a good glass of red wine, and some cheese and bread and just sit and watch all the people walking around, as I love to people watch and I would do this at an outdoor cafe somewhere in Europe, with an extensive bank account'''''''lol  :yippee: on a nice warm spring day.  :smitten:

I did that very thing in the walled city of Lucca, Italy this spring!  Me and Mr. She sat in a small cobblestone square dominated by the church and sipped a cold glass of gavi de gavi wine and watched all the walkers and lots of people on bicycles.  Lovely weather and very picturesque.  Of course, that took .25 of Xanax which is why I'm here again. . . . . . . :-[

She