Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Whoever can help me stop Runinating about this will get $50

[At...]

Hi I'm kind of a wreck because I never had a Runinating thought I couldn't put to rest so maby one of you guys can help.  Since I've been off Ativan for 13 months I just started Runinating about my visual field (the internal screen in our mind that maps out our vision.) part of me tells me this field of vision seems to be located behind my eyes in my brain and my other part of me says there is no location because it's not a physical image in a physical location.  Whoever has the best answer allowing me to stop Runinating will win $50 via Paypal.  Please explain and be detailed on your theory.

In simple terms is this a question about how we perceive vision? A question about where visuals are stored as memory, or something entirely different?

Do you mean "ruminating"? Which means to compulsively focus your attention on negative things that have happened or could happen? Or something else? I used to have really excessive Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I can try to help but the $50 isn't necessary.

In simple terms is this a question about how we perceive vision? A question about where visuals are stored as memory, or something entirely different?

Yes only how we perceive vision. Forget about all the inner workings of the brain, I'm only asking how vision is perceived.  Is there any sense of location in our mind. To me it seems as if there is a sense of location in my head, but then I keep saying its not a physical image that makes no sense.  I keep having conflicting opinions about it and its just making me crazy so maby if someone else can put some insight it will help ease the rumination.    For some reason I can't stop thinking about this and even if I tell myself its an obsessive thought it still bothers me that I can't come to some type of conclusion.  Almost like the cog fog and daze I'm in has prevented me from telling myself this is ridiculous.  Please respond if you can.  I am sending $50 to 1 person that helps me get out of the rumination.  Its been really bad and I am embarassed about this and want to put a final end to it.  Thank you .

Do you mean "ruminating"? Which means to compulsively focus your attention on negative things that have happened or could happen? Or something else? I used to have really excessive Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I can try to help but the $50 isn't necessary.

If you can help it would be very appreciated.  I explained a little more about the rumination above.  Any input would be helpful.

Thank you:)

Yes only how we perceive vision. Forget about all the inner workings of the brain, I'm only asking how vision is perceived.  Is there any sense of location in our mind. To me it seems as if there is a sense of location in my head, but then I keep saying its not a physical image that makes no sense.  I keep having conflicting opinions about it and its just making me crazy so maby if someone else can put some insight it will help ease the rumination.    For some reason I can't stop thinking about this and even if I tell myself its an obsessive thought it still bothers me that I can't come to some type of conclusion.  Almost like the cog fog and daze I'm in has prevented me from telling myself this is ridiculous.  Please respond if you can.  I am sending $50 to 1 person that helps me get out of the rumination.  Its been really bad and I am embarassed about this and want to put a final end to it.  Thank you .

You can't divorce the inner workings of the brain from the mind.

Believe it or not I went through what you're talking about. I really don't know how to describe it but I know what you mean, don't worry :)

Do you wear contact lenses or glasses? Back when I wore glasses I would do what you're talking about much more. I know you're not talking about looking at something directly. It's like a compulsion to look at some area/location. I did it in times of extreme stress and anxiety. I swear I know what you're talking about, it's almost impossible to put into words. :)

I had a great psychiatrist about 10 years ago that explained what it is. Unfortunately he retired so I can't call him up to ask to describe it but the point is I get it.

He gave me a medication that is commonly prescribed. I was really hesitant because I didn't want more medication. However it is NOT addictive or anything like that. It's commonly used for involuntary eye movement from psych meds. I wasn't taking psych meds at the time but I was going insane from what you're describing. I took it and wow, it helped! The med is Cogentin (benztropine). It's not a benzodiazapine or related in any way. It also has a calming affect, which never hurts!

Please remember I am not a doctor or qualified to give medical advice. I just know what worked for me. I didn't have to continue taking it either for long. It's worth a shot! :)

Lillywhite