Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help me please

[la...]

I need information about another sort of medication.  Today i found out that my 33 years old only son, that lives in USA, is taking anphetamine 10 mg by prescription.

I am in shock, having the worst feelings about it and i absolutely have no idea how to deal with this.

He refused to talk about the situation, and asked me to live the apartment where he was staying for a week, on vacations (he was staying here until tomorrow, but he even antecipated his reservation and leaved my country, back to where he lives, in USA.)

Please help me to understand what is going on, what i should do. 

Yes, Kugirl 15, it was prescribed by a psychiatry from DC, where he lives and works.  Do you thing this is something that i should take in consideration? 

Thank you so much for replying and asking.

Well, if you asked and he didn't share I wouldn't press the issue. I would maybe express your concern if he is having a health issue rather than focusing on the medication itself. Was his behavior different or cause for alarm?? Maybe, just bring up the fact you are concerned for his health and go from there. Don't jump the gun until you know what the facts are. From what I saw there are many uses for this medication. It could be for a reason other than a red flag situation. If you have a close relationship, express your concerns and put the ball in his court.

Thank you very much for the words of advice, Kugirl15.  He refused to talk about the medication with me and asked me to leave.  Then he went away back to USA, where he lives.

I´ll see what happens from now on.  That´s the only thing i can do.  I´ve asked his former girlfriend about his taking this kind of drug when they were together, se sair that no, he didn´t.