Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

ALL THINGS FALL / AUTUMN

[Fl...]

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [Mi...]

• [Te...]

• [Mi...]

http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/wp-content/uploads/satevepost/cover_9501007-400x510.jpg

CHILDHOOD...

Anyone remember there's?

I LOVE most of the covers on "THE SATURDAY EVENING POST"!

http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/wp-content/uploads/satevepost/cover_9501007-400x510.jpg

CHILDHOOD...

Anyone remember there's?

I LOVE most of the covers on "THE SATURDAY EVENING POST"!

NORMAN ROCKWELL GRACED EVERYONE'S LIVING ROOM TABLE...OR WALL...PIPE SMOKE AND PARLORS, OFFICES AND DENS, DOCTORS AND KIDS BEING KIDS, COMEDIC RELIEF...

1950...FLUTER, YOU WEREN'T EVEN A SNORKEL ON THE HORIZON THEN...

I REMEMBER MY CHILDHOOD SO WELL I REFUSE TO LEAVE IT!!! My horse agrees.

NORMAN ROCKWELL GRACED EVERYONE'S LIVING ROOM TABLE...OR WALL...PIPE SMOKE AND PARLORS, OFFICES AND DENS, DOCTORS AND KIDS BEING KIDS, COMEDIC RELIEF...

HI YA TEX,

I MAY NOT HAVE BEEN A SNORKEL; HOWEVER, I REMEMBER SEEING THE MAGAZINE COVERS. MY NANNY (DADS MOM) ALWAYS HAD THEM, AND I LIKED HOW THE PICTURES MADE ME FEEL. I WAS DRAWN TO THEM.

WHEN YOU SPEAK OF KIDS & DOCS...I ALWAYS REMEMBER SEEING THIS ONE. I DEF HAVE MY FAVS...DON'T YOU?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51uJyA6ymlL._SY300_.jpg

FB :smitten:

HI YA TEX,

I MAY NOT HAVE BEEN A SNORKEL; HOWEVER, I REMEMBER SEEING THE MAGAZINE COVERS. MY NANNY (DADS MOM) ALWAYS HAD THEM, AND I LIKED HOW THE PICTURES MADE ME FEEL. I WAS DRAWN TO THEM.

WHEN YOU SPEAK OF KIDS & DOCS...I ALWAYS REMEMBER SEEING THIS ONE. I DEF HAVE MY FAVS...DON'T YOU?

HAW!!! THAT'S THE VERY ONE I WAS THINKIN OF!!! SOME THINGS ARE IDELIBLE ON OUR MINDS, AND THAT CAN BE A GOOD THING...SO, WAS THE ARTIST CAPTURED BY AN ERA, OR DID THE ARTIST CAPTURE THE ERA? WHEN IT IS ART, DOES IT MATTER TO ANYONE BUT THE INSUFFLATED INTELLECTUAL(INTELLECKCHEWAL)? SOMEONE SMARTER THAN ME IN THE SAME ROOM WOULD KNOW...SO THAT WOULD BE...WELL, WHO'S HERE? HAW!

HI YA TEX,

HAW!!! THAT'S THE VERY ONE I WAS THINKIN OF!!! SOME THINGS ARE IDELIBLE ON OUR MINDS, AND THAT CAN BE A GOOD THING...SO, WAS THE ARTIST CAPTURED BY AN ERA, OR DID THE ARTIST CAPTURE THE ERA? WHEN IT IS ART, DOES IT MATTER TO ANYONE BUT THE INSUFFLATED INTELLECTUAL(INTELLECKCHEWAL)? SOMEONE SMARTER THAN ME IN THE SAME ROOM WOULD KNOW...SO THAT WOULD BE...WELL, WHO'S HERE? HAW!

Ok I know I wasn't even thought of when these came around, but THIS one looks very familiar. Maybe my grandparents had it or my parents, but I've seen that one some where. Or maybe because I'm a history nut and love looking at things from the past and thinking I was born in the wrong decade.

OMG my grandparents had that Norman Rockwell picture in their house when I was a kid! Blast from the past!  :thumbsup:

I THINK NORMAN WAS IN EVERYONES' HOUSES...HEY LILY...WHERE YA BEEN??? GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK...

I SMELLED SOMETHING TODAY IN THE MORNING AIR...LEAF BURN SMOKE...NOT THE PINES FIRE IN BASTROP...SOMEONE MAY GET A TICKET FOR BURNING, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEND THEM A THANK YOU CARD FOR THE MEMORY...BURNED A LOT OF LEAVES IN MY YOUTH...AND A NEIGHBOR'S FIELD, ONCE...OOPS...

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_filename_640.jpg

CARE TO TAKE A WALK...UNDERNEATH THE AUTUMN CANOPY?  WHAT A FUN WAY TO SPEND AN AFTERNOON

:)

Fluter, nice pic but not walking too far if it`s up hill ::) but thats about where our colors at at right now ;)

CARE TO TAKE A WALK...UNDERNEATH THE AUTUMN CANOPY?  WHAT A FUN WAY TO SPEND AN AFTERNOON

Fluter, nice pic but not walking too far if it`s up hill ::) but thats about where our colors at at right now ;)

YES, I "LOVE" THIS PICTURE!  I CAN JUST ENVISION MYSELF WALKING THERE.

I HAD A FEELING "YOU" WOULD BE EXPERIENCING ALL OF THESE COLORS AND MORE.

NO WORRIES CD, I CAN'T WALK FAR EITHER.  IF ONE OF US GETS TIRED THE OTHER CAN PULL US ALONG.  TEAM WORK...RIGHT :)

YES, I "LOVE" THIS PICTURE!  I CAN JUST ENVISION MYSELF WALKING THERE.

I HAD A FEELING "YOU" WOULD BE EXPERIENCING ALL OF THESE COLORS AND MORE.

NO WORRIES CD, I CAN'T WALK FAR EITHER.  IF ONE OF US GETS TIRED THE OTHER CAN PULL US ALONG.  TEAM WORK...RIGHT :)

Fluter, i grew up Near Sleepy Hollow and honestly there were old dirt roads lined with tree`s like that their Maple tree`s and when i was a kid we use to go there and get freaked out as that is where the Headless Horse Man Ledgend was from  :o

Fluter, i grew up Near Sleepy Hollow and honestly there were old dirt roads lined with tree`s like that their Maple tree`s and when i was a kid we use to go there and get freaked out as that is where the Headless Horse Man Ledgend was from  :o

BEAUTIFUL TREES...

I REMEMBER THE STORY OF THE "HEADLESS HORSEMAN". I'VE WATCHED THE MOVIE AT HALLOWEEN.

WHEN WE WERE CAMPING AND SITTING AROUND THE FIREPIT...MY DAD ALWAYS TOLD THE STORY OF "WHO'S GOT MY GOLDEN ARM". HE SCARED THE HECK OUT OF US...WE LOVED IT!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/908/vaygkF.jpg

Grab some warm cider, your favorite cozy boots, a scarf, your favourite hoodie, and your favorite book. Go sit under the tree and get lost in the book while feeling the warmth of the sun on your skin and smell the fresh crisp air.  :smitten:

Grab some warm cider, your favorite cozy boots, a scarf, your favourite hoodie, and your favorite book. Go sit under the tree and get lost in the book while feeling the warmth of the sun on your skin and smell the fresh crisp air.  :smitten:

MEL,

THAT SOUNDS SO INVITING! OH, WON'T YOU JOIN ME :) I'LL BRING ENOUGH CIDER FOR 2 OR 4 OR MORE.  THE COMPANY SOUNDS WONDERFUL, AND A NICE CONVERSATION AMONGST FRIENDS SOUNDS EVEN BETTER.  I'M GOING TO BRING SOME PILLOWS TO LAY OUR HEADS ON. IT WILL BE A WONDERFUL DAY UNDER YOUR TREE!

WARMTH AND ALL THINGS AUTUMN...FLUTER :smitten:

MEL,

THAT SOUNDS SO INVITING! OH, WON'T YOU JOIN ME :) I'LL BRING ENOUGH CIDER FOR 2 OR 4 OR MORE.  THE COMPANY SOUNDS WONDERFUL, AND A NICE CONVERSATION AMONGST FRIENDS SOUNDS EVEN BETTER.  I'M GOING TO BRING SOME PILLOWS TO LAY OUR HEADS ON. IT WILL BE A WONDERFUL DAY UNDER YOUR TREE!

WARMTH AND ALL THINGS AUTUMN...FLUTER :smitten:

Ahh, yes! I'll grab some comfy blankets as well!! We need some snacks as well, we can have a picnic for lunch and make a bonfire and cook dinner over that!  :smitten:

• 10 months later...

YEP...

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN...

NOW, IF IT WILL ONLY GET COOLER...SO, I CAN ACTUALLY ENJOY THE SEASON :)

http://clv.h-cdn.co/assets/15/38/1442436866-fall-front-porch-3.jpg

Small children knocking at the door trick or treating and never once looking at you funny because youre in withdrawl. Soo accepting and pure and lovely hearts!!

• 1 year later...

I've waited a whole year for this day

It has finally arrived, and I made it.

I shall now say...

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/202814-Welcome-Fall-Snoopy.jpg

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello, Autumn, you beautiful beast of a season.

You are so welcome here, you have no idea. We have been waiting for you.

We have been craving your shorter days, your tall hedge of evening colors growing higher, shielding us from the horrors that abound when it is hot and intolerable and stifling. My goodness, it has been a long, fitful summer. Welcome, welcome. People everywhere will be glad you are here.

Hello, Autumn, you beautiful beast of a season.

You are so welcome here, you have no idea. We have been waiting for you.

We have been craving your shorter days, your tall hedge of evening colors growing higher, shielding us from the horrors that abound when it is hot and intolerable and stifling. My goodness, it has been a long, fitful summer. Welcome, welcome. People everywhere will be glad you are here.

Well said BlueBell...

I adore "All" things Fall/Autumn.

It makes me happy :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: