Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

ALL THINGS FALL / AUTUMN

[Fl...]

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [Mi...]

• [Te...]

• [Mi...]

Here's another view of late Autumn from an apparently curmudgeonly misanthrope!

NOVEMBER

No sun - no moon

No morn - no noon

No dawn - no dusk

No proper time of day

No warmth, no cheerfulness

No healthful ease,

No comfortable feel in any member,

No shade, no shine

No butterflies, no bees,

No fruits, no flowers

No leaves, no birds.

November!

Thomas Hood

Here's another view of late Autumn from an apparently curmudgeonly misanthrope!

NOVEMBER

No sun - no moon

No morn - no noon

No dawn - no dusk

No proper time of day

No warmth, no cheerfulness

No healthful ease,

No comfortable feel in any member,

No shade, no shine

No butterflies, no bees,

No fruits, no flowers

No leaves, no birds.

November!

Thomas Hood

WOW MM,

YOU CAUSE ME TO HAVE TO THINK AND WITH THE HELP OF GOOGLE :) 

CURMUDGEONLY = A BAD TEMPERED OR SURLY PERSON

MISANTHROPIC = ANTISOCIAL, UNFRIENDLY, SURLY, MOROSE PERSON

I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE :)

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU? I HAPPEN TO FEEL WAY BETTER IN THE FALL WITH THE COOLER WEATHER.

THANK YOU FOR SHARING :)

FB :)

WOW MM,

YOU CAUSE ME TO HAVE TO THINK AND WITH THE HELP OF GOOGLE :) 

CURMUDGEONLY = A BAD TEMPERED OR SURLY PERSON

MISANTHROPIC = ANTISOCIAL, UNFRIENDLY, SURLY, MOROSE PERSON

So, you could tell I was an English major???  LOL  I do love books and reading and words.

MiniMinnie

So, you could tell I was an English major???  LOL  I do love books and reading and words.

MiniMinnie

I love it that you made me think, and yes, I love your use of words  :smitten:

http://j.mp/1JzAPY1

"A child looking at ruins grows younger

but cold

and wants to wake to a new name

I have been younger in October

than in all the months of spring

walnut and may leaves the color

of shoulders at the end of summer

a month that has been to the mountain

and become light there

the long grass lies pointing uphill

even in death for a reason

that none of us knows

and the wren laughs in the early shade now

come again shining glance in your good time

naked air late morning

my love is for lightness

of touch foot feather

the day is yet one more yellow leaf

and without turning I kiss the light

by an old well on the last of the month

gathering wild rose hips

in the sun."

-  W. S. Merwin,  The Love of October

"A child looking at ruins grows younger

but cold

and wants to wake to a new name

I have been younger in October

than in all the months of spring

walnut and may leaves the color

of shoulders at the end of summer

a month that has been to the mountain

and become light there

the long grass lies pointing uphill

even in death for a reason

that none of us knows

and the wren laughs in the early shade now

come again shining glance in your good time

naked air late morning

my love is for lightness

of touch foot feather

the day is yet one more yellow leaf

and without turning I kiss the light

by an old well on the last of the month

gathering wild rose hips

in the sun."

MOO,

SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL  :smitten:

DID YOU GET THE FIRST SLICE OF PUNKIN PIE :) IT LOOKS YUMMY!

FB :smitten:

Who can forget Trick or Treat?

TRUE THAT BG, AND THIS YEAR I SHALL GO AS....

EVIL GREEN FLUTER

>:D

http://vamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Vamers-Artistry-Female-Avengers-See-the-Superheroes-Recast-as-Women-Rachel-Weisz-as-She-Hulk.jpg

Beautiful poem M thanks for sharing.  Here's another.

The morns are meeker than they were

The nuts are getting brown

The berry's cheek is plumper

The rose is out of town

The maple wears a gayer scarf

The field a scarlet gown

Lest I should be old fashioned

I'll put a trinket on.

Emily Dickinson

Beautiful poem M thanks for sharing.  Here's another.

The morns are meeker than they were

The nuts are getting brown

The berry's cheek is plumper

The rose is out of town

The maple wears a gayer scarf

The field a scarlet gown

Lest I should be old fashioned

I'll put a trinket on.

Emily Dickinson

MM,

I WILL CHOOSE "OLD FASHIONED" ANY DAY :)

NO HUSTLE & BUSTLE AND SCURRING ABOUT.

JUST A KIND/GENTLER TIME.

YEP, YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH "OLD FASHIONED"!

THANK YOU FOR SHARING!

Okay so this isn't a Fall topic, but where's the "LIKE" button?  I'm used to the like button.  Benzo Buddies needs a like button!  LOL

I do believe this is the equivalent of the like button  :thumbsup: or  :smitten:

FB ;)

During my childhood in Appalachia, my siblings and I used to play hide and seek in the fodder shocks.  Every year when Autumn comes around, I catch a glimpse of myself out there in the cornfield, a little girl twirling in the gloaming. I can still feel the crisp clean air, hear the noisy leaves underfoot, and see the big old harvest moon bright on the horizon. Later we would go in to devour my mother's hearty soup and skillet cornbread hot from the oven and then fall asleep entwined in flannel quilts, the bright moon making patterns on the wall.  It was a time of innocence and abandon and its right there in my memory inseparable from the fall season.

During my childhood in Appalachia, my siblings and I used to play hide and seek in the fodder shocks.  Every year when Autumn comes around, I catch a glimpse of myself out there in the cornfield, a little girl twirling in the gloaming. I can still feel the crisp clean air, hear the noisy leaves underfoot, and see the big old harvest moon bright on the horizon. Later we would go in to devour my mother's hearty soup and skillet cornbread hot from the oven and then fall asleep entwined in flannel quilts, the bright moon making patterns on the wall.  It was a time of innocence and abandon and its right there in my memory inseparable from the fall season.

ALL I CAN SAY TO THIS MM...

DID YOUR FAMILY HAVE AN OPEN DOOR POLICY?  CAUSE I SURE WOULD LIKE TO COME JOIN IN THE FUN AND FALL FEAST...NOT TO MENTION FALLING ASLEEP ENTWINED IN FLANNEL QUILTS.  IT SOUNDS DEVINE :)

I CAN REMEMBER STANDING ON MY FRONT PORCH...I WAS ABOUT 10.

WE WOULD WATCH WHAT WE CALLED A "BLUE NORTHER" BLOWING IN FROM THE NORTH.  YOU COULD SEE THE SKY CHANGE COLORS (DEEP BLUE) AND WE WOULD WAIT FOR THE WINDS TO PICK UP AND THAN THE COLD AIR WOULD HIT.

I LOVED THE LOOK, THE FEEL, THE SMELL OF THE COLD AIR.

I AM WAITING AND HOPING THAT WE GET ONE THIS YEAR!

IT'S AMAZING HOW CERTAIN THINGS ARE INGRAINED IN OUR MEMORIES :)

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/29/100210306_29c56a5223.jpg

ALL I CAN SAY TO THIS MM...

DID YOUR FAMILY HAVE AN OPEN DOOR POLICY?  CAUSE I SURE WOULD LIKE TO COME JOIN IN THE FUN AND FALL FEAST...NOT TO MENTION FALLING ASLEEP ENTWINED IN FLANNEL QUILTS.  IT SOUNDS DEVINE :)

YES FB, our family always made everyone welcome. We always seemed to have friends and relatives joining in.  I Have warm memories of my childhood but it was not all light and roses. We were poor.  Our housing was substandard and without plumbing or heat except from a single pot belly coal stove. We had a wood fired cooking stove and oven.  We had very little health or dental care.  My mother made all our clothes and quilts on a treadle Singer.  But we had love.  We had books from the library.  We had all the food we produced from the land.  We had music and laughter and fun times despite the struggles. And we had each other.  We had the important things.

MiniMinnie

WE WOULD WATCH WHAT WE CALLED A "BLUE NORTHER" BLOWING IN FROM THE NORTH.  YOU COULD SEE THE SKY CHANGE COLORS (DEEP BLUE) AND WE WOULD WAIT FOR THE WINDS TO PICK UP AND THAN THE COLD AIR WOULD HIT.

FB I would love to experience a "Blue Norther"!  Just the name itself intrigues me.

MM

Well I was about to upload a professional photo that I took a few years ago of beautiful trees in full foliage but apparently the hosting site I was using has deleted all of my pictures and my account has been deleted. I sent out an e-mail asking why, so until then I'm going to find a different hosting site.

YES FB, our family always made everyone welcome. We always seemed to have friends and relatives joining in.  I Have warm memories of my childhood but it was not all light and roses. We were poor.  Our housing was substandard and without plumbing or heat except from a single pot belly coal stove. We had a wood fired cooking stove and oven.  We had very little health or dental care.  My mother made all our clothes and quilts on a treadle Singer.  But we had love.  We had books from the library.  We had all the food we produced from the land.  We had music and laughter and fun times despite the struggles. And we had each other.  We had the important things

MiniM,

My dad was a 30yr navy man.  My parents always had an open door policy as well.  My mom was known for her ability to go to the kitchen and cook a meal when unexpected company arrived.  She was an excellent cook, and she also made my cloths as well, made curtains for our house, very crafty. 

I always remember having dinner at the table, and we would talk about our day, and act silly and laugh; however, Thursday nights were "The Waltons" and we ate on trays and watched TV. I loved that show.  Sundays were "The Wonderful World of Disney". We would lay on the floor with my dad in the middle and share whatever Disney played on that given Sunday.  All good memories.

I could not agree with you more...the important things (Family, Love, & Laughter) Simple and carries you thru a lifetime!

FB I would love to experience a "Blue Norther"!  Just the name itself intrigues me.

MM

The name is intriguing, and the feel is amazing!

I"m in S. Texas, and we don't get much cold weather here.  So, when it hits...all my windows come open, and I enjoy every minuet of it.

I love standing at my kitchen window when it's cold out...it faces the north, and I open it while i'm cooking and doing dishes and let the brisk air hit me in the face...it feels great!

FB  :)

Well I was about to upload a professional photo that I took a few years ago of beautiful trees in full foliage but apparently the hosting site I was using has deleted all of my pictures and my account has been deleted. I sent out an e-mail asking why, so until then I'm going to find a different hosting site.

Really sorry to hear that MK!

Once you get the problem fixed...I will look forward to seeing your photos :)

YES FB, our family always made everyone welcome. We always seemed to have friends and relatives joining in.  I Have warm memories of my childhood but it was not all light and roses. We were poor.  Our housing was substandard and without plumbing or heat except from a single pot belly coal stove. We had a wood fired cooking stove and oven.  We had very little health or dental care.  My mother made all our clothes and quilts on a treadle Singer.  But we had love.  We had books from the library.  We had all the food we produced from the land.  We had music and laughter and fun times despite the struggles. And we had each other.  We had the important things

MiniM,

My dad was a 30yr navy man.  My parents always had an open door policy as well.  My mom was known for her ability to go to the kitchen and cook a meal when unexpected company arrived.  She was an excellent cook, and she also made my cloths as well, made curtains for our house, very crafty. 

I always remember having dinner at the table, and we would talk about our day, and act silly and laugh; however, Thursday nights were "The Waltons" and we ate on trays and watched TV. I loved that show.  Sundays were "The Wonderful World of Disney". We would lay on the floor with my dad in the middle and share whatever Disney played on that given Sunday.  All good memories.

I could not agree with you more...the important things (Family, Love, & Laughter) Simple and carries you thru a lifetime!

Your childhood sounds wonderful and your Mom sounds a lot like mine!  My Mom was famous for her "elastic stew."  Whenever necessary, she would add more vegetables, more meat, more broth, or more of whatever was on hand to make it stretch to feed whoever showed up.  And it was always delicious!  My Mom was also a wonderful cook and seamstress.  She hand quilted quilts for other people for cash to get us through and I remember a quilting frame always up in the living area.  As for TV, well we didn't have one but we had a radio and used to listen to The Grand Ole Opry out of Nashville.  I still remember the Martha White Flour jingle. . . ."goodness gracious good and light....Martha White!  Martha White!  To bake fine biscuits, cakes and pies, Martha White for goodness sake!" 

MM