Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

ALL THINGS FALL / AUTUMN

[Fl...]

LET'S WELCOME AUTUMN SHALL WE...

FOR ALL OF YOU WHO MAY LOVE AUTUMN...TIS NO SECRET IT IS MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR...FOLLOWED BY WINTER...OF COURSE.

COME HERE, AND SHARE YOUR FEELINGS, FAVORITE MEMORIES / STORIES, IMAGES, QUOTES, SONGS...ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU FEEL THAT SPECIAL FALL/AUTUMN FEELING!

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU MIGHT POST.

http://cdnpix.com/show/194147433906655793_QnN3VbSl_c.jpg

I HAPPEN TO LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SEASON!

I TRULY LOVE THE FEEL.  THINGS CHANGING ALL AROUND US.  EVERYTHING SEEMS TO SLOW DOWN. IT HAS ALREADY STARTED GETTING DARK EARLIER...WHICH IN MY BOOK, IT'S LIKE PERMISSION FOR ME TO SLOW DOWN AS WELL. 

I LOVE ALL THE VIBRANT OR DULL FALL COLORS.  IN FACT, THESE COLORS ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES (MULTI TONES OF GREEN, GO FIGURE :), BURNT ORANGE, BURGANDY, BROWN, KAHKI, GOLD, TAN) ALL COLORS OF CHANGE. 

I LOVE THE FEEL OF AUTUMN (IT'S WARMTH & THE GLOW). THE SMELLS OF THIS SEASON...THEY EMBODY EARTHY AROUMA'S. (VINALLA, CINNAMON, DRIED LEAVES, FIREPLACES, CEADAR, PINE, NUTMEG, PUMPKIN...ETC). MY HOME FEELS WARM AND WELCOMING.  IF IT GETS COLD ENOUGH...I OFTEM MAKE CHILI, CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP, STEW, JALAPENO CORNBREAD...MY KITCHEN IS ALIVE WITH FRAGRANT HARDY OFFERINGS TO FILL THE TUMMY.

ALSO, MY FAVORITE BLANKET AFTER IT'S BEEN WASHED WITH TIDE & DOWNY, AND I TAKE IT RIGHT OUT OF THE DRYER AND WRAP IT AROUND ME...LETTING THE FRAGRANT HEAT CALM MY CNS. I TRULY LOVE THAT FEELING!

YEP, IT IS SAFE TO SAY....AUTUMN, JUST PLAIN MAKES ME "FEEL GOOD"!

WISHING YOU COMFORT & WARMTH,

YOUR FLUTER FRIEND  :smitten:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [Mi...]

• [Te...]

• [Mi...]

YA WAKE UP, AND THERE IS THAT INNER SENSE OF CHANGE...A FEELING...A HEIGHTENED AWARENESS OF A SHIFT IN THE WORLD YOU LEFT WHEN YOU FELL ASLEEP...AND A TANGIBLE, GUT-DEEP TINGLE OF EXCITEMENT THAT "IT" HAS ARRIVED...VERY MUCH LIKE THE FEELING AS A KID WHEN YOU WOKE UP ON CHRISTMAS MORNING...INSTANT AWARENESS AND AN ANTICIPATORY THRILL OF ARRIVAL...THAT MOMENT ARRIVES FOR EACH OF US...MAYBE NOT ALWAYS AT THE SAME TIME, BUT IT COMES FROM THE SAME PLACE IN OUR SOUL, AND LIFTS EACH OF US TO A HAPPY PLACE OF OUR EXPERIENCE...

LOOK OUT HALLMARK...I'M MUCH CHEAPER...WELL, YEAH, IT DOES SHOW...HAW!

AFTERNOON TEX,

I WILL TAKE YOUR WRITINGS ANY DAY OVER HALLMARK!

THANK YOU FOR BEING THE FIRST TO POST HERE. I WAS BEGINNING TO THINK THIS WAS GOING TO BE ANOTHER THREAD FOR ONE...ME :)  AND, IF THAT THE CASE THAN SO BE IT.

TRUST ME...I HAVE MANY FEELINGS AND MUCH I COULD SAY ABOUT HOW AUTUMN AND WINTER MAKE ME FEEL.

I'M SO GLAD YOUR HERE. PLEASE CONTINUE TO BRING YOUR PROLIFIC UNIQUE WAY OF WRITING. IT CAN ONLY ENHANCE THE AUTUMN EXPERIENCE!

YOUR FLUTER FRIEND :smitten:

BOY O BOY O BOY!!! YA GOT MY HIND LEG SCRATCHIN THE EAR YER RUBBIN!!!

I WILL TELL YA I WENT TO THE POOL YESTERDAY...IT WAS HOTTISH...95... AND YET IT...WASN'T...THE STING WAS OUT OF THE HEAT...THE OPPRESSIVE FEELING WAS LIFTED...AN INVISIBLE WEIGHT PLUCKED RIGHT OUT OF THE AIR AND OFF MY MENTAL SHOULDERS...OH, I WAS SWEATIN IN THE SUN, BUT THE HEAT DIDN'T PRESS DOWN ON ME...THE FEELING ESCAPES DESCRIPTION...IT IS THERE, IT IS TANGIBLE, BUT IT IS ELUSIVE WHEN YOU TRY TO PIN IT DOWN WITH WORDS...EVEN THE POOL FELT...DIFFERENT...COOLER...BUT IT WASN'T...A THERMOMETER WOULD HAVE TOLD ME IT WAS THE SAME TEMPERATURE AS THE DAY BEFORE, IN AND OUT OF THE WATER...BUT IT...WASN'T...IT'S ALMOST FERAL...THAT SENSE OF CHANGE THAT CAN'T BE SEEN...SENSES ARE SHARPENED, AWARENESS IS TURNED UP, TUNED UP...CAN YOU FEEL THE HAIRS ON THE BACK OF YOUR NECK SORT OF...MMMMM...NOT QUITE TINGLE...PRE-TINGLE, MAYBE...? THE LITTLE HOLLOWS BEHIND MY EARLOBES ARE EXQUISITELY SENSITIVE, AND I REACH UP TO TOUCH THEM GENTLY, RELEASING ENDORPHINS THAT GIVE ME SURGES OF PLEASURE...

FER CRYING OUT LOUD!!! BEGINNING TO SOUND LIKE THE INTRO TO A DIRTY BOOK, BUT IT WASN'T MEANT THAT WAY...IT'S A MORE INNOCENT, EXPERIENTIAL SENSATION...THE SMELL OF FRESH-TURNED SOIL, A SHARPNESS TO THE PUNGENT PINE TREE FOREST, THE FADING ACRIDITY OF YESTERDAY'S DUST...OR, MAYBE I JUST NEED TO GO EAT...HAW! FUN PLACE, FLUTER, THANKS FOR LETTING ME PLAY!!!tex

Its so strange that autumn is so beautiful/

yet everything is dying //

*************************************************    summertime sadness

BOY O BOY O BOY!!! YA GOT MY HIND LEG SCRATCHIN THE EAR YER RUBBIN!!!

I WILL TELL YA I WENT TO THE POOL YESTERDAY...IT WAS HOTTISH...95... AND YET IT...WASN'T...THE STING WAS OUT OF THE HEAT...THE OPPRESSIVE FEELING WAS LIFTED...AN INVISIBLE WEIGHT PLUCKED RIGHT OUT OF THE AIR AND OFF MY MENTAL SHOULDERS...OH, I WAS SWEATIN IN THE SUN, BUT THE HEAT DIDN'T PRESS DOWN ON ME...THE FEELING ESCAPES DESCRIPTION...IT IS THERE, IT IS TANGIBLE, BUT IT IS ELUSIVE WHEN YOU TRY TO PIN IT DOWN WITH WORDS...EVEN THE POOL FELT...DIFFERENT...COOLER...BUT IT WASN'T...A THERMOMETER WOULD HAVE TOLD ME IT WAS THE SAME TEMPERATURE AS THE DAY BEFORE, IN AND OUT OF THE WATER...BUT IT...WASN'T...IT'S ALMOST FERAL...THAT SENSE OF CHANGE THAT CAN'T BE SEEN...SENSES ARE SHARPENED, AWARENESS IS TURNED UP, TUNED UP...CAN YOU FEEL THE HAIRS ON THE BACK OF YOUR NECK SORT OF...MMMMM...NOT QUITE TINGLE...PRE-TINGLE, MAYBE...? THE LITTLE HOLLOWS BEHIND MY EARLOBES ARE EXQUISITELY SENSITIVE, AND I REACH UP TO TOUCH THEM GENTLY, RELEASING ENDORPHINS THAT GIVE ME SURGES OF PLEASURE...

FER CRYING OUT LOUD!!! BEGINNING TO SOUND LIKE THE INTRO TO A DIRTY BOOK, BUT IT WASN'T MEANT THAT WAY...IT'S A MORE INNOCENT, EXPERIENTIAL SENSATION...THE SMELL OF FRESH-TURNED SOIL, A SHARPNESS TO THE PUNGENT PINE TREE FOREST, THE FADING ACRIDITY OF YESTERDAY'S DUST...OR, MAYBE I JUST NEED TO GO EAT...HAW! FUN PLACE, FLUTER, THANKS FOR LETTING ME PLAY!!!tex

SO TEX,

LET ME SEE IF I UNDERSTAND THIS?

ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE CRISP FALL BREEZES TO BLOW YER WAY...MAKE YOU FRISKY ;)

FB :smitten:

SO TEX,

HAW!!! COULD BE...OTHER THINGS THAT COME IN THE MALE CAN HAVE THAT EFFECT, BUT THERE IS A SIMPLE DELIGHT IN GIVING IN TO THE SURROUNDING SENSATIONS OF 'THE CHANGE' IN SEASONS...FALL IS THE MOST ACUTE OF THOSE CHANGES, I THINK...

AND IF I HAVE TO GO OUT, I WANNA DO IT LIKE A MAPLE LEAF...

SO TEX,

HAW!!! COULD BE...OTHER THINGS THAT COME IN THE MALE CAN HAVE THAT EFFECT, BUT THERE IS A SIMPLE DELIGHT IN GIVING IN TO THE SURROUNDING SENSATIONS OF 'THE CHANGE' IN SEASONS...FALL IS THE MOST ACUTE OF THOSE CHANGES, I THINK...

AND IF I HAVE TO GO OUT, I WANNA DO IT LIKE A MAPLE LEAF...

I DO BELIEVE THE CRISP AUTUMN WEATHER AFFECTS ALL OF US IN A POSITIVE WAY!

WERE ALL LIKE A BUNCH OF FOALS RUNNING AROUND IN A BEAUTIFUL OPEN PASTURE :thumbsup:

IF YA GO OUT LIKE A MAPLE LEAF...I'M GOING TO PICK YOU UP AND PRESS YOU BETWEEN THE PAGES OF MY FAVORITE NICHOLAS SPARKS BOOK :)  THEY ALWAYS HAVE A HAPPY ENDING :smitten:

XO

Lots of APPLES all over the place up here! Wish i could share but leave them for the Deer i guess. Yes Fall my favorite time of the year allways has been and allways will be exept for the time change but heck i think we can handle it i did last year  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ~CD

Lots of APPLES all over the place up here! Wish i could share but leave them for the Deer i guess. Yes Fall my favorite time of the year allways has been and allways will be exept for the time change but heck i think we can handle it i did last year  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ~CD

SWEET...

ANOTHER FALL LOVER  :)

WHAT KIND OF APPLES?

HECK...YOU CAN HANDLE IT...YER SEA DO ;)

XO

SWEET...

ANOTHER FALL LOVER  :)

WHAT KIND OF APPLES?

HECK...YOU CAN HANDLE IT...YER SEA DO ;)

XO

Big apples Northern Spey , Wolf River etc look up Wolf River Apples their the size of Grape Fruit  :D

Big apples Northern Spey , Wolf River etc look up Wolf River Apples their the size of Grape Fruit  :D

AN APPLE THE SIZE OF A GRAPFRUIT...DERN, THAT IS ONE BIG APPLE.

ARE THEY SWEET OR TART?

HAVE YOU EVER MADE CARAMEL APPLES WITH THEM?

WHAT PERFECT DELIGHTFUL FALL DESSERT (A CARAMEL APPLE DIPPED IN CHOCHOLATE)  :smitten:

CARAMEL DIPPING PARTY AT CD'S HOUSE  :)

http://nutmegnotebook.com/wp-content/uploads/photos/Honey-Lacquered-Almonds-Gourmet-Caramel-Apples-021-1024x768.jpg

XO

Nature has been saving up for this grand finale

http://j.mp/1iTcNT6

Everyone who thinks fallen leafs are dead, has never watched them dancing on a windy day

I love the way the natural light shifts in autumn.  It becomes more subtle and golden and comes to the earth at a different angle.  I am often drawn to my kitchen window, especially in the early morning and at dusk.  I love to stand there and look away across the yard and down to the meadow as the light shifts and makes patterns on the ground through the diminishing leaf canopy.  At these times, I find myself yearning for something I can not identify, something I perhaps was once in possession of but no longer.  It makes me feel reflective and hopeful and nostalgic.

Everyone who thinks fallen leafs are dead, has never watched them dancing on a windy day

GOD AND ALL HIS GLORY!

I WOULD LOVE TO STEP INTO THIS PICTURE ALL DRESSED IN MY COMFY WARM CLOTHS. HECK, MAYBE EVEN WEAR A PAIR OF UGGS, AND GO FOR A NICE STROLL WITH A GOOD FRIEND.

THANK YOU MOO...FOR SUCH A BEAUTIFUL IMAGE

I love the way the natural light shifts in autumn.  It becomes more subtle and golden and comes to the earth at a different angle.  I am often drawn to my kitchen window, especially in the early morning and at dusk.  I love to stand there and look away across the yard and down to the meadow as the light shifts and makes patterns on the ground through the diminishing leaf canopy.  At these times, I find myself yearning for something I can not identify, something I perhaps was once in possession of but no longer.  It makes me feel reflective and hopeful and nostalgic.

HELLO MM,

WHAT A WONDERFUL WAY TO DESCRIBE AUTUMN "NOSTALGIC"! THAT ONE WORD ENCOMPASES SO MAY FEELINGS!

THANK YOU FOR SHARING :)

FB

AND THERE IS A VIBRANCE THAT CAN BE FELT, AS YOUR HEART SINGS ACROSS YOUR SOUL...

AND THERE IS A VIBRANCE THAT CAN BE FELT, AS YOUR HEART SINGS ACROSS YOUR SOUL...

That's exactly it!

:hug:

And October is the perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter.

I see it as a delightful transition from the excitement and busyness of all things Spring and Summer related to the relaxing and tranquil slowdown to enjoy many things before the next transition hits. The shorter days and longer nights, where the foggy mornings look as if a spluttering match is being held up to a frosty window pane as the sun is starting to rise, and you can smell the crisp, fresh air of the night as you sip on a warm cup of coffee or tea. The day beings to get brighter as the sun breaks the fog and embellishes the vibrant red, yellow, orange, brown and green colours of the foliage on the trees and it warms the air that gives you a gentle breeze that blankets your skin with a comforting smell of the grass, trees, and the fields that are ready to be harvested. As the day progresses on, you start to prepare a warm meal of stew or soup in a slow cooker, and baked goods in your oven that hits your pleasure centers of your sense of smell while feeling the breeze caressing your skin through the windows.

Evening comes, and after you've ran your errands wearing comfortable sweaters, jeans, and your favourite fall boots, you come into your home to smell the aroma of the food that is simmering in the slow cooker, and the sunset illuminates yet again from a different angle the distinct beautiful scenery of the trees, casting wonderful shadows on the ground and creating magnificent sunsets that almost take your breath away. A warm shower, slipping into your evening clothes of warm pajama pants, a sweatshirt or hoodie with cozy socks and house slippers, you can feel the refreshing cool breeze of the night settling in caressing your skin, and the scent of the evening air, hinted with bonfires. As you cuddle up on the couch with a warm bowl of the meal you've been preparing all day, and you watch a movie or your favourite show, your body starts to relax. Then, as the moon has risen and the sky is vibrantly shining with a bright clear moon, stars, and the occasional shooting star that streaks across the sky, you decide to get into your bed with freshly washed and dried sheets and blankets that are warm, having a cup of warm tea and reading an engaging book, you can feel yourself drifting off to sleep as you listen to the nocturnal night life of frogs, crickets, and hoot owls. The best part of it all is that when you wake up, you get to enjoy the pleasures of the Autumn days all over again when you wake up!

Good Morning,

A BIG thank you to each of you who have taken your time to come here and post and share such beautiful images and such heart felt feelings.

It all EMBRACES the WARMTH of this season :)

Your Fluter Friend :smitten: