Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

If you were dropped off on an island do you think you'd survive?

[...]

No pills.

You're on an island, for what ever reason, bear grylls style you need to survive, hunt for food, sleep, drink, and get rescued.

How do you think you'd do?

Put in extreme situations is supposed to bring out inner hidden powers of survival.

I think most of us WOULD sleep JUST FINE in this extreme scenario and some (me included) would probably collapse and get eaten up by the whole process, but my point is, if you HAVE something BIGGER to worry about other than your pills, or WD symptoms you might find that those bigger problems take priority.

If you want to test this out you could go camping and take nothing with you other than your tent, I'd be interested in the results, I know I would fail lol

Honestly, I'd rather have a sharp clear mind and be on a desert island than try to make it through the benzo fog. Just me, though. To me, there's nothing worse than being dependent on pills so that our brains and bodies can barely work...

I'd be okay if I could collect plants and berries to eat, no hunting for me, and the climate was temperate so I wouldn't get cold.  And I didn't have to fight any enemies or wild animals.

Not sure I could stand the isolation though, no laptop, no wifi, no mobile phone - that has got me through the past two years for sure.

Fiona  :smitten:

Can I take a loaded Kindle with me? Part of how I've survived this is reading a lot of post-apocalyptic sci-fi. I'm especially partial to rocks hitting the planet. The folks in the books have it so much harder so I end up feeling distracted *and* thankful that I'm not going through wd during a global catastrophe.

I used to worry a lot about how I would survive if something happened and I couldn't get my meds. It's actually freeing to know that my doctors don't have that hold on me and not having to plan ahead for every trip and storm to make sure I have my prescriptions. If I run out of my eczema cream or HRT I won't die or get sick!

i actually had many dreams about this same scenario for months when i was tapering and after i jumped.  dreams that i'd washed up on a island shore, not sure how i got there, but just to had to work to survive.  seemed like the ultimate distraction from the w/d hell, like you said something bigger to worry about.    don't know if i survived to get rescued (couldn't sleep long enough to find out)

Z