Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Getting sick of peoples attitudes on this site.

[Cr...]

Yeah Crazypants but you made at least three buddies happy the other day when you put We Are the Champions on here. So thanks for that. Gilly x

We are champions  :thumbsup:

But if a business enterpeneur blamed himself for every failure instead of rebuilding a new business and regrouping, they wouldn't be much of an enterpreneur. The successful risk takers are the ones that take the risk, fail, but keep pushing. I'd go so far to say that a lot of benzo population has a higher fear of failure than the average person out there. I blamed myself for so many things long before benzos, and I don't see how that has helped me in life. We took the stuff because we didn't want to feel that shame/self-blame, and now it's just coming back at us tenfold.

Yes the information is there, but it takes a lot of research to find it. There are a lot of conflicting opinions and articles on the safety of benzos.

But if a business enterpeneur blamed himself for every failure instead of rebuilding a new business and regrouping, they wouldn't be much of an enterpreneur. The successful risk takers are the ones that take the risk, fail, but keep pushing. I'd go so far to say that a lot of benzo population has a higher fear of failure than the average person out there. I blamed myself for so many things long before benzos, and I don't see how that has helped me in life. We took the stuff because we didn't want to feel that shame/self-blame, and now it's just coming back at us tenfold.

Yes the information is there, but it takes a lot of research to find it. There are a lot of conflicting opinions and articles on the safety of benzos.

I started benzo`s 25 years ago for a back injury was young 2 kids a wife needed to work ! Was no Internet back then i never knew and trusted Doctors ! Who should i blame ? I just want to come out of  this at 75% of who i once was and will never just take any pill again without research ! ~CD ps: blaming anyone will not help lets just all stay strong and get thru this !

A blog here is akin to a diary.

It's harder to lie to yourself now, when you chose to be honest to yourself in the past.

My going back through what I've typed lets me know what I've forgotten- and it's easy to forget. Our minds love to blank out the past stuff.

people everywhere have an attitude others disagree with or have an attitude because thats how they just are like i used to work as a cashier at dollar general there was different types of people friendly talkative customers , the elderly i used to talk to an elderly lady often there since she lived alone , then there was people who would whine & complain too much  nothing could make them happy. i'll admit i really didnt have an attitude in the past i just wrote wrong stuff here that i thought was funny to insult others or say profane things that i thought was funny . i changed that , my sole purpose of being here is to help other people since i got very good help here it helped me quit xanax 1 year ago

Good to hear, BA. Benzodiazepine use and withdrawal is tough on most of us, affecting us in different ways. I expect that it is doubly difficult for those who start benzos during adolescence, before they have fully developed their character and before experiencing much of life.

I'd say it's a fine balance between blaming myself and blaming others (docs and other pros).

Yeah- I should've 'researched' better. But then I wasn't exactly in the best of conditions when I went onto and stayed on them.  It's rather hard to make life changing decisions when all you want to do is get through the next 24 hours in a minimum of discomfort.

And once I was on them- smooth sailing. From a very difficult situation to one that is one helluva lot better- why mess with success?

And then...tolerance...

And the Docs have some cred in my opinion. What they usually prescribed- worked.

In retrospect this makes me wonder if the vast majority of medical procedures aren't also in dire need of some investigation. How many actually accomplish anything- or are they mostly a placebo effect.  Which is something I'm sure many medical companies would like to have us stop inquiring about.

And in the research- we discover all of the dirty little secrets about psychotropic drugs.

It's like getting married to: "The ONE". The one you'll always stay true to and never even think of looking at another member of the opposite sex.

And after the honeymoon is over you start to discover their abusive behaviors, and the crap they've pulled behind your back. You discover how money changed hands to keep you in the dark. It's like losing your virginity to your One True Love and discovering after the fact that not only did they not lose theirs to you, they had sex with a football team the night before and somehow the same night after...

This stuff and the rather cavalier attitude I've gotten from the medical pros now- has made me extremely skeptical towards any kind of "Medical Authority" now.

And it make me wonder what other scams are currently being perpetrated upon us as well.

I get the strange notion that Benzo Scam- is but a drop in the bucket.

I'd say it's a fine balance between blaming myself and blaming others (docs and other pros).

Yeah- I should've 'researched' better. But then I wasn't exactly in the best of conditions when I went onto and stayed on them.  It's rather hard to make life changing decisions when all you want to do is get through the next 24 hours in a minimum of discomfort.

And once I was on them- smooth sailing. From a very difficult situation to one that is one helluva lot better- why mess with success?

And then...tolerance...

And the Docs have some cred in my opinion. What they usually prescribed- worked.

In retrospect this makes me wonder if the vast majority of medical procedures aren't also in dire need of some investigation. How many actually accomplish anything- or are they mostly a placebo effect.  Which is something I'm sure many medical companies would like to have us stop inquiring about.

And in the research- we discover all of the dirty little secrets about psychotropic drugs.

It's like getting married to: "The ONE". The one you'll always stay true to and never even think of looking at another member of the opposite sex.

And after the honeymoon is over you start to discover their abusive behaviors, and the crap they've pulled behind your back. You discover how money changed hands to keep you in the dark. It's like losing your virginity to your One True Love and discovering after the fact that not only did they not lose theirs to you, they had sex with a football team the night before and somehow the same night after...

This stuff and the rather cavalier attitude I've gotten from the medical pros now- has made me extremely skeptical towards any kind of "Medical Authority" now.

And it make me wonder what other scams are currently being perpetrated upon us as well.

This particularly resonates with me. 

I had breakfast with an old friend this morning.  We were talking about prescription medications and reasons for taking them vs lifestyle changes when appropriate.  He fished a list of his prescriptions out of his wallet… 14 prescription drugs he takes daily.  Mind boggling. One is prescription medication for nighttime stomach issues.  He said since I'd mentioned (a month or so ago) eating the bulk of his daily calories at breakfast and lunch and eating only a light, early dinner (regarding weight loss) he no longer has to take this medication. 

How many more could be eliminated by lifestyle changes, I wonder?

And then...tolerance...

This particularly resonates with me. 

I had breakfast with an old friend this morning.  We were talking about prescription medications and reasons for taking them vs lifestyle changes when appropriate.  He fished a list of his prescriptions out of his wallet… 14 prescription drugs he takes daily.  Mind boggling. One is prescription medication for nighttime stomach issues.  He said since I'd mentioned (a month or so ago) eating the bulk of his daily calories at breakfast and lunch and eating only a light, early dinner (regarding weight loss) he no longer has to take this medication. 

How many more could be eliminated by lifestyle changes, I wonder?

That's a very good point. And how many more meds could be eliminated if psychiatrists stopped telling people they have chemical imbalances?

That's why I stayed on the meds for so long. Turns out, there is no chemical imbalance.