Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

8 months out...swollen fingers and ankles

[Su...]

Other than the usual joint and muscle aches, I am now dealing with swollen fingers and ankles.  Is this a normal occurrence during withdrawal or would you think it's being caused by something else?

I have it.  Rings don't fit.  I thought was just me.  Geesh, seems everything wrong relates back to the benzos.

Yes, I too have had to take my rings off.  Not too many of us having this issue here though, so I do wonder if it could be caused from something else????????  Thanks for responding and hope it clears up for both of us soon. 

I get it on and off and also get Edema of the legs and ankles believe me you haven't got some terrible illness or  disease its yet another bizarre WD symptom m your experiencing it will get better, and as well as being known WD sxs its more common than you know honest  :)

Love Nova xxxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I get it on and off and also get Edema of the legs and ankles believe me you haven't got some terrible illness or  disease its yet another bizarre WD symptom m your experiencing it will get better, and as well as being known WD sxs its more common than you know honest  :)

Love Nova xxxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I WANT to believe that this is all it is.  I'm sure Roemer and I both want to believe that this is all it is and it will go away EVENTUALLY.  Thanks for writing.

I am older and thought maybe it is arthritis or something.  Believing it is this and will pass is a relief!  Glad I didn't buy that 5 carat diamond ring!  LOL

I am older and thought maybe it is arthritis or something.  Believing it is this and will pass is a relief!  Glad I didn't buy that 5 carat diamond ring!  LOL

I'm glad to see that w/d hasn't tampered with your sense of humor.  :-)  I too wondered if it was some sort of arthritis.  I wondered if it was something I was eating or if it was the heat...all sorts of things, but yes, as much as I'm sorry you are going through this too, it's comforting to know that it probably is the w/d and that we just have to wait it out.  But HOW LONG?  Ugh!  Thanks again and feel better.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [mo...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [ra...]