Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Why we picked certain user names

[ma...]

[f1...]
I officiated soccer matches for 15 years (roughly 2500 games).  The parents and players kept telling me how bad I was doing, so I decided to adopt the 'bad' name.  Bad Soccer Ref.  Actually, I was a pretty good ref (and assessor and instructor and ultimately coach).

I officiated soccer matches for 15 years (roughly 2500 games).  The parents and players kept telling me how bad I was doing, so I decided to adopt the 'bad' name.  Bad Soccer Ref.  Actually, I was a pretty good ref (and assessor and instructor and ultimately coach).

Awesome! We're you being a ref in the US? I wish soccer got more exposure here...it's slowly happening but it's like the gentrification of jersey city; it has taken years.

Rosegal

I love to grow roses . My mother named me Theresa, after St.Therese, known for being associated with roses..the little flower...

But I'm no saint sometimes.... ;)

Rose

Ntt is short for Entity(sound it out, N T T).  :P

"An entity is something that exists in itself, actually or hypothetically. It need not be of material existence."

[d9...]

Kernow = Cornwall, this is its Cornish name ( Cornwall is a county in the far west of the UK. It's that little bit surrounded by sea at the end). I live not so far from Lands End.

Beth = the name of my happy and beautiful dog who came to live with us at the beginning of my withdrawal journey and has been my loving support ever since. You can see her in my avatar.  :thumbsup:

long walk to freedom......i was watching this movie on the same day i got on benzo buddies. i was trying to think of a name for myself and my brain wasn't working. so i just thought i would use the name from the nelson mandela movie. i thought it fit for whats going on in my life.

Mine is from the week I spent in bed ten years ago when I ran out of K and couldn't get more for two weeks. It's not a sexual reference, which some have assumed.

There's nothing wrong with sex under the covers, however. 

Mine is from the week I spent in bed ten years ago when I ran out of K and couldn't get more for two weeks. It's not a sexual reference, which some have assumed.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Clona21: Clona for 2 reasons, the much I hate clonazepam and because on it I feel I am a clon...not myself.

21 for one reason, the name of my little dog, why 21 the name of my dog? because when i rescued it she was a Baby dog and very ill, her head looked 2 times bigger than her body, a ratio of 2 to 1. Now she is perfectly fine! A beautiful dog sleeping now next to me!

Initials for Alice in Wonderland...started feeling like her almost immediately on psych drugs and have used it as a username ever since. And 214 is my b-day... probably shouldn't have used it but I wasn't in my right mind.  :D

I didn't pick my name, my mother did.  :P (One day I will forgive her for that.  ;) )

I SO love your name! It's one of my favorites  :smitten:  :)

It was so hard to grow up with. So many horrible nicknames............ OK I thought they were horrible because I was usually being picked on when someone called me those. I think the only nickname that I have ever liked would have been Bobbie. My sister and a few of my friends called me Bobbie. I have a niece who calls me Aunt Bobbie. Nobody seems to know how to spell it. I had one time when I had the cable bill coming in my name. When the account was set up, the person typed in "Robert" without the "a" on the end. I called them up to correct it. They didn't understand what the big deal was. I explained that if you leave the "a" off the end of my name, that changes everything about me. So the person asked me how to spell "Roberta." I spelled it a few times, but they kept messing it up. Finally I asked him if he knew how to spell "Robert" and he said yes. I said, "OK, 'Roberta' is 'Robert' with an 'a' on the end." You'd think that would be clear enough. The next month the bill came to "Arobert" ................... I didn't think I needed to specify which end the "a" went on.  :D

that is so funny that the next month bill showed up as "Arobert" i love the name Roberta. Joni Mitchell's real name is Roberta June and i simply love that! :)

i think it's the best way. ;)

when i chose a username on here i was 2 months out from the c/t and not in good shape. all i could think of was Tori Amos's song "God" and it was all that was going through my head/

"God sometimes you just don't come through

God sometimes you just don't come through

you make pretty daisys pretty daisys love...

i've got to find find find what you're doing about things here.

I didn't pick my name, my mother did.  :P (One day I will forgive her for that.  ;) )

It was so hard to grow up with. So many horrible nicknames............ OK I thought they were horrible because I was usually being picked on when someone called me those. I think the only nickname that I have ever liked would have been Bobbie. My sister and a few of my friends called me Bobbie. I have a niece who calls me Aunt Bobbie. Nobody seems to know how to spell it. I had one time when I had the cable bill coming in my name. When the account was set up, the person typed in "Robert" without the "a" on the end. I called them up to correct it. They didn't understand what the big deal was. I explained that if you leave the "a" off the end of my name, that changes everything about me. So the person asked me how to spell "Roberta." I spelled it a few times, but they kept messing it up. Finally I asked him if he knew how to spell "Robert" and he said yes. I said, "OK, 'Roberta' is 'Robert' with an 'a' on the end." You'd think that would be clear enough. The next month the bill came to "Arobert" ................... I didn't think I needed to specify which end the "a" went on.  :D

that is so funny that the next month bill showed up as "Arobert" i love the name Roberta. Joni Mitchell's real name is Roberta June and i simply love that! :)

when i chose a username on here i was 2 months out from the c/t and not in good shape. all i could think of was Tori Amos's song "God" and it was all that was going through my head/

NO! DON'T TELL ME THIS! My very favorite music artist is named Roberta June??? I had not a clue... Boo hoo.

NO! DON'T TELL ME THIS! My very favorite music artist is named Roberta June??? I had not a clue... Boo hoo.

sorry :(

you don't like Joni Mitchell's real name? i think it's kinda cool -- both her names. she's my favorite artist too.

[f1...]

I think benzogirl says it all. Or it could have been klonopingirl.....

Benzogirl has a better sound to me.  Almost a superhero aura about it.  ;D

I think benzogirl says it all. Or it could have been klonopingirl.....

Benzogirl has a better sound to me.  Almost a superhero aura about it.  ;D

TY. The closest thing I have become to being a superhero is by watching reruns of Superman... :laugh:

I used Disney Girl  because I love Disney movies and Disney World.  Am going to Disney World over the Christmas holiday break.  Hoping for warm weather.

Now I'm into the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (on the Disney Junior channel), as my 16-month-old grandson loves it.  ;D

Rosegal

I love to grow roses . My mother named me Theresa, after St.Therese, known for being associated with roses..the little flower...

But I'm no saint sometimes.... ;)

Rose

Rose:

fwiw, my PM system is now unblocked. So anybody at all, feel free to PM me anytime at all!