Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Why we picked certain user names

[ma...]

"pangelingua" why? ???

As a reflection of my faith and my involvment in the music ministry. "Pange Lingua" is the Latin hymn that our church sings on Holy Thursday, which was yesterday! :angel:

Ourania in the Greek mythology was one of the nine muses, goddess of astronomy.

I'm Greek and "ouranos" means "the sky" in my language.

The sky, during a sunny day, blue, big, with some white traveling clouds,  reminds me  of FREEDOM.

So, I guess I just like the sound of the name  ::)  :)

When I was on benzos for many years, and no A/Ds worked for the ongoing depression, I was diagnosed as having Bipolar Disorder.  I went to a support group for a while and they sometimes referred to themselves as "BP-ers", or "Beepers".  I thought it was a cute name (remember The Roadrunner cartoons?) so even though I am "magically" no longer bipolar now that I am off lorazepam, I'm keeping the name as a reminder of what that drug can do.

always into sports and working out.  i was actually registering on this board  and trying to think of a username during withdrawls from klonopin and an under armour commercial came on and their modo or slogan is "click clack".  the sound that cleats make on the concrete when walking to the field.  hence the Under Armour Logo.  i couln't come up with anything more interesteing do to bad benzo brain at the time, hahaha  :laugh:

click-clack

"icandothis"...why?

When thinking of a name, I wanted something positive, and one that would remind me of my committment.

Can I do this? Yes I can!!  :laugh:

I chose "retire2010" because I'm eligible for retirement this year.  I had planned on retiring at the end of this year, but decided to stick it out an additional year (will be retiring October 2011).  The name has nothing to do with benzos, but I was determined that I was going to retire benzo free. 

This time last year I reinstated my 1.0mg klono to start my taper (dry cut all the way), and although I was sick...sick...sick...I thank God that I made it through that horror.  Life is so much better now!

LB - my initials.  When I joined my brain was fried and I my imagination severely blunted.  Too challenging to thing of anything too original! :D  Some came to mind but I suspect Colin wouldn't have let me in!!!! :-[

Love the positivity on the choices of others though.  Wished I'd been in such a positive frame of mind in November 2008!

I didn't pick my name, my mother did.  :P (One day I will forgive her for that.  ;) )

When I joined BB, I had no creative juices flowing what-so-ever. I think that I was doing good to remember what my name was. I think that I was afraid that at some point, I'd forget everything, including my name.  :D This way I'd remember my name.  :yippee:

I didn't pick my name, my mother did.   :P (One day I will forgive her for that.  ;) )

I SO love your name! It's one of my favorites  :smitten:  :)

TreeHealing

My name is Theresa (family and some friends call me Tree) and I definitely and slowly but surely Healing.

HangingInThere.

Everytime someone calls these days and asks how I'm doing, I don't want to be negative and say I feel like #### and start whining. And I don't want to say I'm doing great and lie, so I tell them I'm "hanging in there."  It seems to be my motto these days.  One day I may change it to "Loving Life Again."

An old boyfriend and I used to have this joke that we should take the names of his grandparents "Sara and Max", like we'd be this little old married couple some day....  but it didn't work out with him so... I always thought Sara was pretty anyway and just added my real middle name, Ann.

I didn't pick my name, my mother did.   :P (One day I will forgive her for that.  ;) )

I SO love your name! It's one of my favorites  :smitten:  :)

It was so hard to grow up with. So many horrible nicknames............ OK I thought they were horrible because I was usually being picked on when someone called me those. I think the only nickname that I have ever liked would have been Bobbie. My sister and a few of my friends called me Bobbie. I have a niece who calls me Aunt Bobbie. Nobody seems to know how to spell it. I had one time when I had the cable bill coming in my name. When the account was set up, the person typed in "Robert" without the "a" on the end. I called them up to correct it. They didn't understand what the big deal was. I explained that if you leave the "a" off the end of my name, that changes everything about me. So the person asked me how to spell "Roberta." I spelled it a few times, but they kept messing it up. Finally I asked him if he knew how to spell "Robert" and he said yes. I said, "OK, 'Roberta' is 'Robert' with an 'a' on the end." You'd think that would be clear enough. The next month the bill came to "Arobert" ................... I didn't think I needed to specify which end the "a" went on.  :D

Arobert"

You didn't specify which end Roberta!  Seems like no matter what we're called everyone has problems.  I have a friend named Irene - I thought no-one could shorten that.  They can - she gets called "I"!

• 4 years later...

Well.....I picked my one.cause my daughter is everything to me.she is a reason im still alive....

Mom.....because I should remember how sad  your life would be if your mom would be gone.....

My Husband told me my  user name is lame....

He would have picked

Anaconda user name.....

he is making fun of me all the time.....

Mine is obvious. Determined to look forward and not back. Finally free from depression after 40 years. :thumbsup:

LF also just happens to be my maiden name initials back to front!!

Never look back!! The past is gone!!

Hugs

LF  :smitten:

Sweet pea ~ why?

My nickname for my female cats.  I currently have two male cats so no Sweet pea in the house right now.  Kind of an affectionate thing.

[ba...]

Interesting seeing this thread and that the woman who started it back in 2010 was mary1331..

When I chose Mary333, I was downright " out of my head"..but still wouldn't change it, as it has spiritual meaning for me...Mary= Mother of God....333= Father , Son and Holy Spirit... :angel:

I love music in general and my name comes from a Talking Head's song called Crosseyed & Painless. I am at a stage in my life where that lyric resonates a lot with me.

Well, pretty self-explanatory in my case!  I found this board when i started going thru withdrawals.  Withdrawal is NO FUN.  that is what went thru my head when i registered here.

Now, i am in a better space.  This forum is such a support system.  While withdrawal still is not my idea of a good time, i am able to have fun again with my kids, especially when i feel good.

Even when i feel like poop i can do something enjoyable to distract myself, even if it's just taking an epsom salt bath or watching tv.