Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Itsy Bitsy Spider.....

[Pu...]

So, yesterday morn at 4:45am, I was asleep and felt a sharp pain in my neck (close to my earlobe). I grabbed the area, jumped out of bed and turned on the light.

To my horror, a spider carcus was laying on my bed!!! The thing bit me!!!! I FREAKED OUT!!!

After washing out the bite with peroxide, I brushed my teeth and hair (in case my hubby had to take me to the ER). I paced and Googled pics of spiders. It looked like it was a typical American House Spider. I was fine, but freaked out ALL day.

I went to Whole Foods and bought peppermint spray as spiders hate peppermint. The other thing is that I wear earplugs to sleep (I'm very sensitive to sound during my recovery). That thing would have probably crawled into my ear had it not been for the plugs!!! Yikes!!!!

spider ! eek i actually thought of getting a spider tattoo before i changed my mind and got a bow tie instead on my theigh

Smart move!

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you use the peppermint spray?

I have several bites on me and have found several tiny spiders in the house in the last week. I wake up with bites. They itch like crazy! I get big welts. I think it's the spiders, or a flea that's gotten into the bedroom.

Does your neck itch? You feeling ok now?

Bennie

Where did you use the peppermint spray?

I have several bites on me and have found several tiny spiders in the house in the last week. I wake up with bites. They itch like crazy! I get big welts. I think it's the spiders, or a flea that's gotten into the bedroom.

Does your neck itch? You feeling ok now?

Bennie

I spray the peppermint on my pillow before bed.

This was on 8/24. I'm ok. Ha! Thank you!