Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Has anyone else been reading about CERN?

[ma...]

I just don't understand how creating a huge machine 17 miles long that spits out particles at the speed of light to try and create the simulation of the big bang theory, in order to make a black hole, is a good thing.

I can't see why they would spend billions of dollars a year to try and do this? 

Also, the fact that Stephen Hakwing has said this has the potential to destroy our universe, along with just plain common sense, suggest we should probably just leave this alone?

I just don't get the human need to try and break everything down to it's tiniest particles.  Why can't we just enjoy what has been given to us.

Hi Matt

Just a line to get you know it does get better, just takes time and you have to sit it out, no way out until the train come in to the station. good luck David

Thanks David,

I actually did get to experience about 30 seconds of joy today.  I walked over to the coffee shop and somene had their dog in the front. Dog was jumping all over me and then laid down, belly up, to be petted.  That was fun and made me realize, that there's still something inside of me that can feel good about life.

Thanks for the line!

Hi Matt

Just a line to get you know it does get better, just takes time and you have to sit it out, no way out until the train come in to the station. good luck David

I just don't understand how creating a huge machine 17 miles long that spits out particles at the speed of light to try and create the simulation of the big bang theory, in order to make a black hole, is a good thing.

Also, the fact that Stephen Hakwing has said this has the potential to destroy our universe, along with just plain common sense, suggest we should probably just leave this alone?

I just don't get the human need to try and break everything down to it's tiniest particles.  Why can't we just enjoy what has been given to us.

Hi there Matt!

Noticed your topic and I have read about CERN. I actually find stuff like matter/anti-matter interesting. I think the ultimate aim of all this is to try and understand things about our existence through science. I'll take all the help I can get!

What I don't understand is why I'm forced to listen to a Verizon Wireless commercial as I look for information on CERN which is really annoying and slows my browsing down!

I hope you feel better...

Steve

we try tp breakthings dopwn

Hi Matty,

Is cern the same machine being made in france that splits atoms ??

i remember being frightened by that machine what can happen from it when its finished . im not sure if its been completed yet but i dont think it has because it wouldve been on the news . what frightened me the most about this machine was it can create a black hole that swallows the earth .

i shouldnt think negative saying this but i really think the end of the world will happen soon . i just read about history alot i see how much the earth has advanced within the last 150 years . electricity started to be in homes internal combustion engine made. as time went on other inventions were made to take us to the moon . i really think in less than 200 years from now technology will be so advanced that time travel will be posible. except the earth doesnt make it to that year . im not sure what will destroy earth,  an asteriod wormwood  possibly since there is no defense or of any kind against incoming asteriods sometimes i think this is what god wants for there to be no defense aginst an asteriod since in the bible it says this is how the world ends . another way i think it could end is from wars .  or this machine could cause it if this atom spliter creates a black hole it will swallow the earth and we will live our final moments in pitch black since light can not go into or out of a black hole

I don't care about the end of the world. We'll all go together won't we? Is more scary having been in a nuclear bunker and then coming out to find just you and devastation.

Now see, steve...you've got a healthy outlook.. LOL - I'm very skeptical and have too much of a conspiracy mind  :crazy:

Hi there Matt!

Noticed your topic and I have read about CERN. I actually find stuff like matter/anti-matter interesting. I think the ultimate aim of all this is to try and understand things about our existence through science. I'll take all the help I can get!

What I don't understand is why I'm forced to listen to a Verizon Wireless commercial as I look for information on CERN which is really annoying and slows my browsing down!

I hope you feel better...

Steve

we try tp breakthings dopwn

hi BabyAngel,

Funny how everyone calls me Matty.. lol - I like it  :thumbsup:

Yes it's that machine you're thinking about ... it runs under France and Switzerland near Geneva.

Ohhhhh, you are going to get my conspiracy bible prophecy mind going!  lol

But the machine has been running.  Been running for a while and it's said it's been causing earthquakes due to the amount of energy it takes to run it.  It is also suppose to recreate the a black hole, and that's what worries me and what Stephen Hawking says has the potential to destroy this universe. 

In September they're going to run it at full force around the 24th!  Now, don't get me going about what's suppose to be happening in Sept.. 23 - 24.  LOL - I'll spare the board from my silly mind  :crazy:

Matty

Hi Matty,

Is cern the same machine being made in france that splits atoms ??

i remember being frightened by that machine what can happen from it when its finished . im not sure if its been completed yet but i dont think it has because it wouldve been on the news . what frightened me the most about this machine was it can create a black hole that swallows the earth .

i shouldnt think negative saying this but i really think the end of the world will happen soon . i just read about history alot i see how much the earth has advanced within the last 150 years . electricity started to be in homes internal combustion engine made. as time went on other inventions were made to take us to the moon . i really think in less than 200 years from now technology will be so advanced that time travel will be posible. except the earth doesnt make it to that year . im not sure what will destroy earth,  an asteriod wormwood  possibly since there is no defense or of any kind against incoming asteriods sometimes i think this is what god wants for there to be no defense aginst an asteriod since in the bible it says this is how the world ends . another way i think it could end is from wars .  or this machine could cause it if this atom spliter creates a black hole it will swallow the earth and we will live our final moments in pitch black since light can not go into or out of a black hole

I hear you Gilly... my benzo mind is like.. "end of the world? Cool.. let's do it..  I'm ready.  Let's all go together"  :sick:

I don't care about the end of the world. We'll all go together won't we? Is more scary having been in a nuclear bunker and then coming out to find just you and devastation.

Those big massive expensive atom busters at CERN are a waste of money and they are barking up the wrong tree for answers to our existence, IMO.  The answers are in quantum physics.  The Alan Aspect experiment and others.  I follow Amit Goswami from the University of Oregon, and have read his books.  He knows what's going on.  John Hagelin, who ran for president years ago, and has an IQ over 200, claims to have the unified field theory worked out and has abandoned the expensive external experiments for quantum physical type knowledge. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's very simple. Before benzos, I was fascinated by the stuff. Now I get scared by it.

Before benzos, I looked at the world with the rose colored glasses, now I look with the fear colored glasses.

Remember, we're on planet fear  ;D

Matty, 

i made this special picture for you i hope you like it

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab13/nanananabooobooo/matty__zpsqkwnazof.png

Those big massive expensive atom busters at CERN are a waste of money and they are barking up the wrong tree for answers to our existence, IMO.  The answers are in quantum physics.  The Alan Aspect experiment and others.  I follow Amit Goswami from the University of Oregon, and have read his books.  He knows what's going on.  John Hagelin, who ran for president years ago, and has an IQ over 200, claims to have the unified field theory worked out and has abandoned the expensive external experiments for quantum physical type knowledge.

I respectfully disagree.

For you see- even though Quantum Physics seems to explain things on the small scale, they don't do much for the large scale.  With the experiments at CERN, they're hoping to be able to find the bridge between the Quantum and General Physics. Now Amit Goswami may be good at Theoretical Physics, he's not quite so much at Applied Physics. So in effect the folks at CERN really don't give a damn about finding answers to our existence. They're merely trying to find out HOW things work. 

Amit Goswami is more about Metaphysics than anything applicable to every day life. He may be good for getting a person through the day- but he can't do much when it comes to designing a better computer or creating a Supraluminal drive.

As to creating a singularity/black hole- even if they do, the darned thing would be so small as to evaporate nearly instantly. As I recall from historical records- no few folks thought that setting off a nuclear bomb created the very real (in their minds) possibility of 'igniting the atmosphere', and destroying all life on earth as a result.

As to CERN- they've already managed to make an interesting discovery...

http://www.sciencealert.com/the-lhc-finds-evidence-of-particle-activity-beyond-the-standard-model

In which they've discovered a particle that the Standard Model of Quantum Physics- doesn't predict.  In other words- Quantum Physics stumbled.

Remember Science may be good at reaffirming what we already know- it's head and shoulders great when it comes to refuting what we thought we knew. And as such- demonstrates how much more there is to learn.