Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Finding sitcoms and late night shows irritating

[Lo...]

Anyone who loved to watch sitcoms and late night shows and now finds them irritating? Like I am supposed to laugh, but end up crying instead. Disturbing....

What is it about them that irritates you?

for some reason, the show How I Met Your Mother drives me nuts because it is so unrealistic. When "Friends" was on in the '90s, I was too young to watch it but when it came to Netflix I watched it from Season 1 to the end. I didn't find it as annoying as HIMYM because in the Friends show, the "friends" all had different backgrounds, realistic struggles with finding employment and such. Of course, it was still pretty fakey-fakey.

But HIMYM is so unrealistic that you have a lawyer, a school teacher, a wealthy entrepreneur and an architect and a famous news anchor just hanging out in a bar all the time shooting the breeze. A group of people with careers like that.. how do they find the time to just be bar flies and hang out!?

I've hated network TV sitcoms before benzos. Still hate them. I like some of the cable ones, like I'm a big fan of Downton Abbey. It's supposed to be a drama but it is really funny, if you read between the lines.  The other just seem like nonsense to me. Tho I'm going to take a chance on Man Men. I don't know whether it is comic or not. I just know I refused to watch Orange Is the New Black and then somebody forced me to watch just one episode and before I knew it, I watched the whole 1st season in a row. And I really hate Letterman. Met him twice and he is a very nasty person. He thinks he owns our town. :crazy:

I love Frasier. I haven't watched in a while, and will start again.

I couldn't watch anything other than the Hallmark channel early in withdrawal..

oh, God, I hate that stuff, that pablum.

Iggy

Anyone who loved to watch sitcoms and late night shows and now finds them irritating? Like I am supposed to laugh, but end up crying instead. Disturbing....

I identify with this LorazepamFree , I couldn't watch programmes I had enjoyed before, especially sit coms. I no longer found them funny. Our emotions are flat, I couldn't laugh and I cried buckets.  It does settle down, I was in my second year free I started to laugh again and was soon back watching my favourites

It will get better

Magrita :smitten:

• 1 month later...

Anything that requires some canned laughter- is indicative to me that they're probably not all that good to begin with.

Sitcoms- the titles change- but the same sad tired storylines don't.

watching Jimmy Fallon on the Tonight show is worse than watching Juliea CHild haha or some lady sewing on PBS or even worse its worse than watching telemundo ! no entiendio mucho espanol i really want to see jay leno again ! :( he was a guy that could really make me laff !