Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Joni Mitchell's Career Ended Because Of Her Mental Illnesses

[be...]

i didnt know Joni Mitchell wrote a book.

ive got an old rolling stones mag w Joni on the cover and i saw her in concert in the 70's :smitten:

It sounds like she has something in common with us. She has a mysterious condition

and most people don't believe her.

I would love to know if she has a benzo history. I've been misdiagnosed too many times not to think so. Some kook pdoc prolly came up with this "mysterious" diagnosis that no one knows a damn thing about...how convenient.

The book is called: In Her Own Words, by Joni Mitchell, tho it was written by a long time friend. It is all Q&A. It was a very difficult read for me as she is my all time fav and she is not the person you think she is.

Freedom: I agree 100%. When the medical field cannot find out what is the root of the problem, they say, Oh it must be a mental illness. Same thing happened with Lyme early on. Same thing happens to us.

Tryin: Just read the book and if you read between the lines, she and her cronies in the music field took drugs as much as Jim Morrison. She also started smoking 3 packs of ciggies a day when she was something like 11. No wonder she said she lost her voice!

jc: I agree. Especially the part when she was afraid to leave her LA home for fear of being stalked. :'(

Gardenia: I am so super jealous. I've seen most of my favorite bands/singer about 7 times. I once had tickets to her concert and went and she walked off the stage after trying to sing two song, never to return. Pissed me off for years. She mentions this in her book. I don't have that Rolling Stone cover, but I do have a rare album where there is just a pix of John Lennon's bloody glasses on it. It was removed from the shelves right away because they thought it was too awful to show to the public. It was. But I still cherish it, as so few have it. That is truly  :'(

The book is called: In Her Own Words, by Joni Mitchell, tho it was written by a long time friend. It is all Q&A. It was a very difficult read for me as she is my all time fav and she is not the person you think she is.

Freedom: I agree 100%. When the medical field cannot find out what is the root of the problem, they say, Oh it must be a mental illness. Same thing happened with Lyme early on. Same thing happens to us.

Tryin: Just read the book and if you read between the lines, she and her cronies in the music field took drugs as much as Jim Morrison. She also started smoking 3 packs of ciggies a day when she was something like 11. No wonder she said she lost her voice!

jc: I agree. Especially the part when she was afraid to leave her LA home for fear of being stalked. :'(

Gardenia: I am so super jealous. I've seen most of my favorite bands/singer about 7 times. I once had tickets to her concert and went and she walked off the stage after trying to sing two song, never to return. Pissed me off for years. She mentions this in her book. I don't have that Rolling Stone cover, but I do have a rare album where there is just a pix of John Lennon's bloody glasses on it. It was removed from the shelves right away because they thought it was too awful to show to the public. It was. But I still cherish it, as so few have it. That is truly  :'(

it was great from her singing. but we had awful seats and really couldnt see her :'(

it was when the hissing of summer lawns album came out?

back in the seventies they didñt have the big screens so you could see better?

Yes, that was back in the days when they didn't have screens; only opening bands. You never see those anymore. That album came out in 1975, so I was still a babe then....But at least you heard her live, while I did not. :'(

Joni Mitchell has toured after her mental illness benzogirl no excuses lol. She also toured with Roger Waters and features in his live version of the wall. Sayin that waiting on a bloody big yellow taxi in new York would send anyone crazy lol.  ;D

Joni singing goodbye blue sky.....she also sings the tide is turning in this concert.  My father said Joni was a serious drug addict into heroin& benzos stardom got to her and it wasnt mental health straight it was mental health caused by drug abuse. Same way we are suffering except our struggle wasn't a life choice that choice was made for us.  Joni Mitchell chose to take drugs illegally.  Stevie nicks was also another one into drugs but this was also hidden.  But she shows clues into her drug addiction in the song gold dust woman.....gold dust referring to heroin and the line take your silver spoon dig your grave is a reference to cooking it up on the silver spoon and the inevitable result is a slow death through addiction to heroin. Alot of singer's from that era where severe drug addicts.  Eric Clapton marc bolan keith moon john lennon david bowie Freddie Mercury all secret addicts Freddie Mercury of Queen hired midgets to walk about with trays of cocaine on their heads. Amazing what you find out reading and listening to lyrics. 

Gardenia Roger waters was in pink Floyd before they split up. Roger Waters done a one off concert to celebrate the berlin walls demise and it was a star studded concert featuring. ...the scorpions. ...mike and the mechanics lead singer.  Sinead oconnor bryan adams...cyndi lauper... van morrison jerry hall not to mention a few. Look it up on YouTube Roger waters berlin wall and you might actually get the full concert there is definitely footage of joni singing goodbye blue sky  xx

Gardenia Roger waters was in pink Floyd before they split up. Roger Waters done a one off concert to celebrate the berlin walls demise and it was a star studded concert featuring. ...the scorpions. ...mike and the mechanics lead singer.  Sinead oconnor bryan adams...cyndi lauper... van morrison jerry hall not to mention a few. Look it up on YouTube Roger waters berlin wall and you might actually get the full concert there is definitely footage of joni singing goodbye blue sky  xx

ok, thanks :smitten:

• 1 month later...
Stevie nicks was also another one into drugs but this was also hidden.

Stevie does talk about her ten years of klonopin use and the troubles it caused her. she talked about it on Oprah just recently. she doesn't go into too much detail for some reason and i have to wonder why? maybe her record contract doesn't want her to, i don't really know? i know she had a bad withdrawal as my Dermatologist was in Daniel Freedman with her and watched what she went through but the way she talks about it, i have a feeling she wasn't hit as hard as let's say like someone like myself.

i went to one Joni Mitchell concert and me and my dad had first row and my dad kept saying "she's looking at me" throughout the whole concert. :D

Eminem is vocal about his benzomania daze...

wow! Eminem is such an amazing talent.

Eminem., isn't a snooty prima donna type like Stevie nicks :D

Ive never seen an interview where she said much about her sx.

Eminem is the real deal. i didn't know he had a benzo problem. anyone have any other info about it, i'd be interested in reading his story. i would love to play some of my songs for Eminem and see what he thinks?

I don't know if there are any books Pretty but there are videos on YouTube of him and Stevie Nicks talking about their Benzos addictions and withdrawal.

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Eminem is the real deal. i didn't know he had a benzo problem. anyone have any other info about it, i'd be interested in reading his story. i would love to play some of my songs for Eminem and see what he thinks?

His RECOVERY album is a kinda different spin...the start-offs are a change...he and his wife have had an on-again, off-again relationship in recovery...and he does a great talk to his daughter in one of his cuts...google him and scroll...tex

• 3 weeks later...
Gonna give you a song to listen to guys......The song is called Hope over Fear.....artist gerry cinnamon. .....tell me what you think. .... :D :D :D xxxx

Gonna give you a song to listen to guys......The song is called Hope over Fear.....artist gerry cinnamon. .....tell me what you think. .... :D :D :D xxxx

OK, MUKACHI...WE'RE WAITIN... :laugh: