Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Calling All Dog Owners

[Sa...]

Vika

Yup, lots of articles on the web about lung issues related to mold from e-cigs.  If your son in law wants to keep his e-cig you can tell him to be vigilant about cleaning it on very regular basis.  Me, i am a hopeless case as i smoke actual cigs & they are for sure a hundred times worse.  I think.  I hopes of quitting again as i started a year ago after a 2.5 year being smoke free.  But the stupid benzo's wacked my nerves system and i needed a crutch

Great evening to all,

Saraa

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sa...]

• [...]

• [...]

• [4G...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Just wondering if you had tried cooking a huge batch of food at once and then freezing it? Does it make life any easier? It for sure works with my boyfriend!  :laugh:

I have 2 dog with the same problem.  They refuse to eat dry food and eat the wet food only if we mix some human food in it. They constantly begging for treats too.  But I am lucky.  My husband takes care of them right now.  They are so fat, but I have no strength to fight with my husband about  putting dogs on a diet.

it might be hard, but leave the food.....

when they get hungry, theyll eat

its a power struggle imo

i had a dog that d8d this, the food would sit all day

I have 2 dog with the same problem.  They refuse to eat dry food and eat the wet food only if we mix some human food in it. They constantly begging for treats too.  But I am lucky.  My husband takes care of them right now.  They are so fat, but I have no strength to fight with my husband about  putting dogs on a diet.

it might be hard, but leave the food.....

when they get hungry, theyll eat

Absolutely,  it's a power struggle.  My husband gives in so easy.  He thinks giving them what they want equal love.  We already lost one dog due to obesity.  I can't fight with him right now.  Trying to avoid any stress as much as possible.  Sadly to say.  But it's me or the dogs righ now.  :(

i had a dog that d8d this, the food would sit all day

Hi. Just wondering if you had tried cooking a huge batch of food at once and then freezing it? Does it make life any easier? It for sure works with my boyfriend!  :laugh:

4Gilly,

I am cooking some days and keeping in fridge for a couple days and mixing in with dry food.  Along with being tough and not giving in, its working

Sorry to hear you lost a dog to obesity, that's heart breaking.  I am trying to do as you all have advised.

I am being a little tougher and insisting on her dry food.  If i don't give in she will finally eat after coaxing and hand feeding her with lots of praise to start the process and then she is off eating on her own and finishing it.

I am the problem as i put myself in her place and can't resist to feed her good organic chicken freshly made, wild salmon, liver etc.  She is so cute and absoloutly hates day old food.  I told you i'm the problem not her.  I love her so much but she drives me crazy.  She nozzles me to constantly pet and stroke her hair, i can seldom use too hands to type as she nudges one hand to get busy and attend to her.

http://i.imgur.com/2O07zDX.jpg

Hi Saraa, well even if you only cook two at a time you are saving having to do it twice. Glad that you have a little less to do! Gilly x

Hi Saraa, well even if you only cook two at a time you are saving having to do it twice. Glad that you have a little less to do! Gilly x

4Gilly,

yes, its one step forward for now, half the cooking

Excellent. Keep it up. They are creatures of habit so if you crack it then you're sorted. Make sure you look after yourself too. xxx

Saraa-What a cutie. I have an adorable however spoiled Cockapoo who once gave me a hard time when giving her dry kibble. I had to add some cream cheese on her kibble to get her to eat it. Casey now eats a great kibble which she LOVES. It's one of the best kibbles for dogs (it's a no carb, no fat kibble). It's by Zignature and I buy the Salmon and Trout brand. It's very healthy and contains Omega 3 fish oil which as we all know is great for the brain.

Fran

who doesn't love a cockapoo, they are adorable

yesterday i just bought Merric brand of salmon flav dog food both dry and wet for her, she showed some promise once for a day with merric.

It is also grain free and a healthier choice in dog food.

But of course mama is de problem and gives in with cooking. 

I will be strong again with new dog food

Please post pic of her.

Hugs

saraa

Oh My Gosh, she is soooo adorable, very dignified  :smitten:

I will try your kibble brand and hope it'll do the trick

BTW we have the exact same staircase with tile as in your pic.

Thanks for the pic

beautiful

Thank you for the lovely compliments about my baby. Casey is almost 12 years old no longer a baby now a senior dog.

My friend is a Vet and he recommended the kibble that Casey is eating. Casey loves it and she can eat it all day. It's not sold at every Pet store (more upscale pet stores). Here is the link.

http://www.zignature.com/faq.html

Fran,

I am going to try your suggestion of Zignature food, as i bought the Merric dry but she won't touch it either.

I once had luck with the Merric Wet so thought i should try the dry, but no such luck

Thanks for the tip, will let u know if i lucky with this brand

Hugs

Saraa

Saraa-Smart move. Please remember to introduce it slowly with your other kibble. A lot of my friends feed their dogs this kibble and every dog LOVES it. It's the salmon smell....Good luck and please keep me posted.

Fran,

Second day the Zignature dog food in the house.  She still refuses to eat. :(  I think she just does't like salmon dog food but of course loves real salmon, the one we eat.

So i am trying to at least try her fav flavor beef, to see if she'll eat dry food or mix of dog food, dry and wet

Hi Saraa-I think the problem might be that you offer your dog too many choices of kibble. What I was told from my friend who is a Vet is when you introduce a new kibble you put a couple of pieces down on the floor and see which kibble your dog likes. Your dog sounds very smart and if she doesn't like a kibble she expects you to keep buying another type. I would personally try to re-introduce Zignature again because it is one of the top dog foods. No dog will ever starve themselves. Picky dogs don't eat their kibble because they like to give their owners a hard time....trust me. I suppose after I write my Benzo story I'll write a book about dogs:) lol

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/best-dog-foods/

Fran,

Thanks for the idea.  I'll put down about 4-5 pieces of both Zignature Salmon and the Merric and see what happens tonight.

She finally ate last night after 48 hours , the merric but had to hand feed her.  She doesn't do too well with the dry particle dust that comes off of dry kibble and starts coughing.  But will try your advise with putting down the two choices and see which one she picks.