Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Art submissions

[ge...]

Hey guys,

During recovery I began painting, and it has been a healthy distraction and very healing for me. I would like to try to pull together a little book of my work over this period, and I am hoping others in recovery would like to participate, as well.  (poetry, painting, drawings, short stories, whatever else, particularly stuff done during recovery) It would be nice to create something together that anyone in recovery now or down the line can access.

My goal is, if I get enough work, to pull together a paperback and either give a copy/sell on amazon for a small fee to cover costs for anyone in recovery. I feel like it would be nice to have something tangible to hold that was created by other people who have or are going through the same ordeal.

The books written by recovered people were hard for me, since my cognition suffered, and having short stories or pictures would have been easier for me.

I created an anonymous Dropbox where you can upload pictures or documents that you would like included. You go to the website:

http://www.dropitto.me/Gettingthere

And type in Buddies as the password and you can upload the files. They will be sent anonymously to my Dropbox.

I will not have access to any of your private information, and I got the okay from the admins before posting this  :)

What a great idea, and so positive! 

Have you looked at Jerryk's photography in the last few days on his blog?  Beautiful… here's the link, starting at the first beautiful nature shots he posted:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=98290.msg1847593#msg1847593

My own talents lie in DIY projects and candy-making, but pics of stenciled wood floors and fancy lollipops aren't really artwork.  :laugh:

Send a few shots of your candy and we will call it a day  :laugh:

I looked at Jerry's photos, they are stunning. I wrote on his blog to see if he would be interested, thanks for letting me know and for your support :)

Hi there,

I think I have sent you a painting, I am not sure if you got it or not LOL. If not, I will try again sometime. It is nice to be part of something like this, great idea. I am painting for a while, watercolour and I am from Ireland.

Love Moya XXX

I haven't received it but let me go check again! I do watercolors, too! Keep sending them, I am trying to compile a bunch over the next few months.  :)

If anyone is interested I am still taking art submissions. I've had submissions from about 15 people so far, and am hoping for a few more. The book is currently 60 pages!

• 4 weeks later...

hi getting there ,

i started drawing again it was an old hobby of mine  i was a lil rusty at first im getting alot better . it works amazing in keeping my mind distracted i seem to feel worse when im not occupied with something im so focused when im drawing i forget about  my health and light tinnittus going on . I like to watch Bob Ross (RIP)  on PBS sometimes he seems very softspoken and nice most of his paintings are of a nature environment .

i relaly want to wish you the best of luck on your art projects getting there

• 2 weeks later...
Hey PUGLover, if you feel like submitting a contribution, please do! You can PM me, and I will send the submission guidelines.