Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

We found our cat

[ki...]

I am so pleased to share that yesterday we found our lovely cat who had been missing for 10 days. I posted a photo of him a few times on our local community facebook page and yesterday a lady rang me to say that a cat like ours had taken refuge in their shed 2 nights ago and they couldn't coax him out. She only lived 8 houses away. So my husband and I went up there straghtaway and after 20 minutes we managed to coax him out from under some floorboards. He is well and very happy to be home again after his long adventure. I am over the moon to have him back as he is such a great companion to me as I go thru slow recovery from benzos, 8.5 months off + kindled.

Glad you got your cat back.  You can take a cat out on a leash and long thin line on it.  I do that with my cat.  She's used to it.  I wish I could let her out to run, but it's too dangerous.  Maybe you can make or buy an outdoor enclosure for your cat?  They sell them or you can make them. 

[0d...]

So happy to hear this good news.  Pets can be very nurturing and calming.

I'm sure he is glad to be home with you, too!

That's great news, I've had cats go missing for just 2 days and even then it's so scary. Glad to hear yours came back!

Glad to hear you got your cat back. I know how comforting animals can be during rough times...or just any time. :)

:)

• 1 month later...

Wow ! That's Great Kimdb ! My Cat of 14+ yrs has been gone a few weeks and I'm concerned , she traveled , but aways came home . She still acts and looks young , I'm wondering if someone has taken her in ? She always hated being inside or she would be an inside cat . I remember when her Mother was born ! Her name is Prissy , blue tortie colored , medium to large short hair , sweet as sugar . Boy ! Miss her ! I live in the sticks , but saw her up the road , I figured hunting or something . Never gone this long before . I hope the coyotes didn't get her . She'll be back otherwise .

Shalom Iam

Iam, I pray your cat comes home.  Is she home yet?  I would be panicking like crazy if my cat weren't inside every night.  I keep an eye on her 24/7.  I live in a high crime area and someone shot my cat with a bb gun a few years ago.  I'm lucky she's alive.  I keep her outside on a leash and she stays inside at night.