Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Our supernatural cat

[no...]

I swear that our cat has developed supernatural abilities. Has anybody ever heard about this being a withdrawal symptom?

I have checked every list there is and I can't find anything about it :o :o

When I think she's sleeping inside, she suddenly appears outside the door wanting to get in :o

And when I'm absolutely certain that I just let her out, she suddenly materializes on the sofa out of nowhere  :o

Has she become a Schrödinger's cat? Has she self replicated so that I'm dealing with two or more versions of her? Has she mastered teleportation all of a sudden? Who knows? ( Omnius music :D)

Anyway, my short term memory really seems to be shot to pieces and having no idea where the cat is, is one of the more innocent symptoms...

Has anybody had this at nearly a year out and later seen some improvements? Or had it bad and seen improvement regardless of how much time has passed?

By the way, the cat is great and will probably shake her head in bewilderment at the descriptions in this thread. But, ha, the joke is on her because she can't read :laugh: Or can she :o

Oh my girdle this is the best thread  :yippee:

I don't have a cat, I have a dog, but I can definitely relate to some of what you've said.

Schrodinger's cat, self replicated, teleportation.. those are all reasonable possibilities. I think you need to make a bigger effort to watch your cat in order to get to the bottom of this. Unless of course you enjoy the mystery, then just make sure your cat doesn't see this thread because I think it's a little presumptuous of you to assume she can't read.

I know that your cat is extremely supportive, so perhaps she's self replicated in order to make sure she's always there for you  :smitten:

Edit: Could you document a day in the life of your cat on video for us? It's hard to give an honest opinion without seeing it first hand.

Just love your  humour - :laugh: but, joking apart,  we must never underestimate our pets abilities.

I have 3 cats 2 dogs, and doggone, they can all speak purrfect English. :D

For example if I ask my cats if they want feeding - All three in unison reply  - Noooow  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

If I ask my dogs how they are feeling, they usually reply -  Rough. :sick: :sick:

And I always know if the dogs are angry cus they keep saying  -  Grrurrr  -  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Cheers :idiot:

Oh my girdle this is the best thread  :yippee:

I don't have a cat, I have a dog, but I can definitely relate to some of what you've said.

Schrodinger's cat, self replicated, teleportation.. those are all reasonable possibilities. I think you need to make a bigger effort to watch your cat in order to get to the bottom of this. Unless of course you enjoy the mystery, then just make sure your cat doesn't see this thread because I think it's a little presumptuous of you to assume she can't read.

I know that your cat is extremely supportive, so perhaps she's self replicated in order to make sure she's always there for you  :smitten:

Edit: Could you document a day in the life of your cat on video for us? It's hard to give an honest opinion without seeing it first hand.

Thank you so much for answering on this taboo issue  :smitten: It's very reassuring to hear that someone else has experienced this too and that even with another species  :thumbsup:

I'm glad you find my theories reasonable. I've been thinking about this and I can't remember the cat having these abilities before so I'm inclined to believe that it is indeed withdrawal related.

Although, in the interest of full disclosure, I have to mention that when she was a kitten I had to climb on top of the garage roof to get her down from there several times. Also, once I found her sleeping in my closed sock drawer. I'm now wondering if this happened before she learned to control these abilities and that things got a bit out of hand for her then.... I have seen several documentaries about these kinds of abilities (Spider-Man, Heroes etc) and this seems to be a common problem at first in such cases.

I could have filmed her, but she doesn't like that and if she is indeed teleportating I'm concerned that a whole day of filming might make her teleportate to a place that's too far away. I have seen that happen on the documentaries I mentioned. If you anger someone with such abilities, they can lose control and everything gets out of hand :-\. I can't risk that...

Just love your  humour - :laugh: but, joking apart,  we must never underestimate our pets abilities.

For example if I ask my cats if they want feeding - All three in unison reply  - Noooow  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

If I ask my dogs how they are feeling, they usually reply -  Rough. :sick: :sick:

And I always know if the dogs are angry cus they keep saying  -  Grrurrr  -  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Thank you!

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: Fantastic!

Our pets are really much smarter than we give them credit for! I'm glad they're able to express themselves to you so well!

My cat seems to understand when the pain is extra bad because then she often comes purring and lays on the affected area until it calms a little  :smitten:

Thank you so much for answering on this taboo issue  :smitten: It's very reassuring to hear that someone else has experienced this too and that even with another species  :thumbsup:

I'm glad you find my theories reasonable. I've been thinking about this and I can't remember the cat having these abilities before so I'm inclined to believe that it is indeed withdrawal related.

Although, in the interest of full disclosure, I have to mention that when she was a kitten I had to climb on top of the garage roof to get her down from there several times. Also, once I found her sleeping in my closed sock drawer. I'm now wondering if this happened before she learned to control these abilities and that things got a bit out of hand for her then.... I have seen several documentaries about these kinds of abilities (Spider-Man, Heroes etc) and this seems to be a common problem at first in such cases.

I could have filmed her, but she doesn't like that and if she is indeed teleportating I'm concerned that a whole day of filming might make her teleportate to a place that's too far away. I have seen that happen on the documentaries I mentioned. If you anger someone with such abilities, they can lose control and everything gets out of hand :-\. I can't risk that...

If it is withdrawal related, I think it's more likely that your cat has had supernatural powers all along, but now maybe you've developed some powers too and so you're noticing all these "unusual" happenings.

I absolutely believe that when she was a kitten she was getting used to these powers, so perhaps did a few silly things.. like teleport onto the garage roof and then forget how to teleport back down. And the same goes for the closed sock drawer.

That's really good thinking about not filming her  :thumbsup: I've seen those documentaries too and it's really scary what can happen!  :o It's probably best to just keep acting normal and not let her know you know.. although she probably knows you know because she has superpowers  :o

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: Lucky you  :smitten:

Challis, your cat is absolutely gorgeous! Looks like he/she provides you with plenty entertainment!  :laugh:  :smitten:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk166/Challis2/sugar_zps5xxcm1bw.jpg

Rescue kitty, pretty pathetic as a baby.

Her superpower is that she gets in my closet without the door ever opening.

I only know she's there because the other two, who normally never meow,

start their 'Timmy's-in-the-well' caterwauling.

If it is withdrawal related, I think it's more likely that your cat has had supernatural powers all along, but now maybe you've developed some powers too and so you're noticing all these "unusual" happenings.

I absolutely believe that when she was a kitten she was getting used to these powers, so perhaps did a few silly things.. like teleport onto the garage roof and then forget how to teleport back down. And the same goes for the closed sock drawer.

That's really good thinking about not filming her  :thumbsup: I've seen those documentaries too and it's really scary what can happen!  :o It's probably best to just keep acting normal and not let her know you know.. although she probably knows you know because she has superpowers  :o

Very insightful answer, thank you :thumbsup:

I've thought about this too. She might have had these abilities all along and it's just now with my over sensitivity from withdrawal that I'm able to recognize it :o

Those documentaries are really scary and eye opening so I'm glad I have watched them before this issue arose! I might not have been so careful otherwise and might have gotten myself into all kinds of kerfuffles as a result...

But now I know that she knows that I know that she knows that I know :idiot: Does that help in any way?

Challis, your cat is absolutely gorgeous! Looks like he/she provides you with plenty entertainment!  :laugh:  :smitten:

You have such beautiful cats :smitten:

Wow, your cat can teleportate into closed spaces too? :o :o And the others are telling you about it? :o :o  :laugh:

You have such beautiful cats :smitten:

Wow, your cat can teleportate into closed spaces too? :o :o And the others are telling you about it? :o :o  :laugh:

Yes.  :socool:

Impressive! You have very loyal cats then  :thumbsup:

Probably a clear indication of the fact that you treat them very well  :smitten:

Awww what a precious little kitty!!  :smitten:

That's so funny and sweet about your other two cats alerting you  :laugh: Great superpower!

Very insightful answer, thank you :thumbsup:

I've thought about this too. She might have had these abilities all along and it's just now with my over sensitivity from withdrawal that I'm able to recognize it :o

Those documentaries are really scary and eye opening so I'm glad I have watched them before this issue arose! I might not have been so careful otherwise and might have gotten myself into all kinds of kerfuffles as a result...

But now I know that she knows that I know that she knows that I know :idiot: Does that help in any way?

You're welcome, I take this topic very seriously. If I have to, I'll start a ruckus to get the answers you're looking for  :phone::police:

Yes, you're very lucky you watched those documentaries before this nightmare, at least that's something to be grateful for. I'd hate to see you in an unpleasant kerfuffle!

Well I'm not entirely sure you REALLY know what you think you know. I think there's so much you don't know, so I imagine your cat is not feeling very exposed just yet.

I have had a long talk to my cat about all this nonsense now. Being a cat and all, she really didn't say all that much and she has an amazing poker face, so it was very limited what I got out of her when all is said and done. I did, however, get the distinct impression that she has it under control and that she promised as much as a cat can to not use it for evil in any way.

I guess I don't have much of a choice other than to settle for that and otherwise distract as much as possible  :thumbsup:

Good thing I watched those documentaries! I feel that made me able to handle this more responsibly and safely than I otherwise could have done...

I think your cat's tricking you  :o Keep us posted.

Any time you feel unsure about this, just rewatch those documentaries. There's just so much brilliant factual information in them, sometimes it's easy to forget some of it.