Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

childhood tv

[4G...]

I think people like to reminisce about kids' TV. Maybe have to put country of origin on. See how it goes! Here's mine-  I hear that they are bringing back The Clangers (UK). Does anyone remember the original with the Soup Dragon?!

Hey 4Gilly, I'll bite!

From the US and don't know the show you mention. I hated Romper Room, but liked Howdy Doody. We are dating ourselves even more than usual by this!!

The first tv programme I saw was Bill and Ben.  It was our first TV.  It was the late 1950s I imagine.

I was in bed - ill!!  >:( >:(>:(

Only one tv channel and only broadcast part of the day.

Then there were Pinky and Perky  >:D >:

And the Woodentops

And Andy Pandy

The only two programs that I remember that were mentioned were Romper Room and Howdy Doody with Uncle Bob...

Anyone remember Kukla, Fran and Ollie? I always afraid Ollie was going to knock his tooth out.  :laugh:

Hi Jaddy! Hope you're doing okay.

Hi looking forward. You are showing your age, like Steve reckons he's doing! I know of all the programmes you mention but was a bit later than you. The Woodentops had a spotty dalmatian dog. Andy Pandy hadLooby Lou and I think a teddy. And of course Bill and Ben had Weed. I hope our pals overseas don't think I mean that our children's characters had cannabis!!! Lol.  :laugh:

i saw this old picture from a cartoon witth do you remember him" writtn on it  i thought i'd share with you folks :)

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab13/nanananabooobooo/do%20you%20remmber%20him_zpsnzsowbmw.jpg

Hi Gilly,

Doing pretty good, refuse to be negative no matter how bad I might be feeling...

Pray all is well with you my friend,

Nancy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We in the UK also had Fraggle Rock but I think I was too old to be into it.

But I remember really liking Sesame Street! I liked Bert and Ernie , Oscar the Grouch who lived in a dustbin and The Count. For some reason I really liked The Count. And, of course, Big Bird.  ;D