Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Benzodiazepine Scandal PETITION PLEASE SIGN

[1f...]

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [Mo...]

• [Te...]

• [...]

[1f...]
It is climbing slowly. I think it's just a matter of spreading the word and getting friends and relatives to sign as well. Also, although I will use it in the UK others may want to use it in other countries to prove the extent of the problem. It's therefore only useful with many signatures. 👍

Totally signed.  Makes me feel a tiny bit better.  At least it's something collective railing against the enemy. :thumbsup:

[1f...]

Nearing 400 now. Good support from Baylissa Frederick on her Facebook, Bloom in Wellness site.

Keep the signatures coming, this time we will win through. Please don't sit back and leave it to others as we need every signature possible. 400 out of the thousands suffering is just a drop in the ocean. If this is to be prevented from happening after so long then we must get out there and be noticed.

Thanks to those who have signed and don't forget the petition can be used by anyone as proof of the many suffering all over the world once numbers reflect this. 👍

[1f...]
453 now slow progress but it's progress! I have lots going on with my husband helping as well. This has gone on too long and it's up to those of us who've suffered to make sure nobody else is  poisoned through long term Benzo prescriptions. Please please sign and prove its a worldwide problem. Thank You 💕

453 now slow progress but it's progress! I have lots going on with my husband helping as well. This has gone on too long and it's up to those of us who've suffered to make sure nobody else is  poisoned through long term Benzo prescriptions. Please please sign and prove its a worldwide problem. Thank You 💕

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[1f...]
I really need those signatures to present to the Conference in September in London. At the moment the petition far from reflects the enormity of the problem I've been led to believe exists.....1.5 million suffering from Benzos in the UK and goodness knows how many more worldwide. Thanks Again I will continue to persist but will give up if we can't at least reach 1,000 in the next couple of months.

Thanks KB

I just signed  The thread has been read 1350 times too bad the readers aren't signing,the quota would be easily met. Hope it helps others in the near future .

Shalom,

aj

<><

Hi LF, It's on Facebook and been shared by some friends. It's also on my Facebook Group, Beating Benzos and my Twitter feed etc. On the Home page of my website as well. I will put it on other Facebook groups I belong to.

I'm busy sending out letters and getting feedback. It's interesting that, in the UK, doctors are given clear guidelines on the use of Benzos and on Withdrawal through NICE but sadly few follow these.

Oh, and I'm half way through my book  :D so lots going on. Any further suggestions welcome as I'm pretty determined now!

Good job. :thumbsup: If we can all contribute in any way to this awareness we are surely to make some progress. Yes!!!!! Shout this from the Rooftops!!!! We Deserve To Be Heard!!!!!

[1f...]
BUMP ....... I have no shame. I will get to at least a 1000! It's not a lot but could make a difference. Thanks all those that have signed. Don't forget to tell relatives and friends 👍

Am pleased to see the numbers creeping up.  I got 10 friends to sign ..... if everyone did that .....  :thumbsup:

No I didn't pay them!

Fiona  :smitten:

I got my mom to sign it. :thumbsup: I asked some of my "friends" to sign it as well but they refused (they are currently taking benzos) because it is "a miracle drug" to them. Arrgth! Wait until they become tolerant to it and need a lot more. Don't know if it matter because we are from the US.

Bets

[1f...]

It's open to worldwide signatures benzogirl. It is sad how people still pop these pills unknowing of their dangers. There are even petitions asking to make them available over the counter....ugh  >:(

Hit 500 today so halfway to my present target.  ;D

It's open to worldwide signatures benzogirl. It is sad how people still pop these pills unknowing of their dangers. There are even petitions asking to make them available over the counter....ugh  >:(

Hit 500 today so halfway to my present target.  ;D

That's sick. :tickedoff: But I have heard, now I may be wrong, that you can buy them OTC in Brazil.

I signed....I pray more people will sign. We have to at least try and get attention drawn to this drug. We owe it to the unsuspecting victims who will be suffering like we are if something isn't done to stop the prescribing of this poison.

Please sign...

Jaddy

• 2 weeks later...
[1f...]
One final concerted effort to get to my 1,000 signatures then I'll call it a day. Thanks to all those who signed and I will let you know the outcome but I fear we won't have enough support to make the petition make a difference.

Beth,

Thanks for starting this petition, please don't give up.  Have you considered sending out some PMs to those BB's you know of who just don't check in very often, I'm sure there are plenty out there who would be happy to sign if they knew about it.  Perhaps scroll through the membership list.

Keep up the good work and good luck.

Beth

Have you thought of going to the popular press with your story especially after Luke's splash in the Times.  The Times is only read by a small section of the population.  If you had a piece in the popular press you could advertise the petition much more widely.  If that does not bring a reaction then we can only conclude this is not a widespread problem.  I think about it sometimes but am wary of putting myself out into the public domain. 

You did well to set up the petition and I hope everything else is going well.

Hugs

Fiona  :smitten:

Hi Beth

After writing the above post I started trawling the net again.  Did you see this piece in the Daily Mail this month.  I am thinking of contacting the journalist who wrote the piece with my story.  What do you think?

It says she is in Chicago but she is writing about the UK.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3152878/We-nation-pill-poppers-Prescriptions-50-past-decade-one-billion-handed-year-experts-warn-harmful-effects.html

Fiona  :thumbsup: