Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Benzodiazepine Scandal PETITION PLEASE SIGN

[54...]

I'm happy for the petition to be shared anywhere you think it will get noticed. I'm on holiday at the moment so can't do a lot but please add it to any forums, groups or websites you know of.

Also I feel this petition can be shared throughout the world if we can get enough signatures so please sign wherever you're from. Thank you 💙

I think some folks might be so ill.... they don't find their way

to this section...

Julia. :hug:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [Mo...]

• [Te...]

• [...]

[54...]

I think people who've suffered have to stand up and be counted. This awful experience needs to help some good happen out there in the world. If we go on hiding then no one will ever believe us. I applaud all those that have come forward and supported the battle against tranquillisers. I would like to see a worldwide movement to bring awareness of the damage these drugs can do to authorities that can effect change. My petition can be used by anyone anywhere to prove that Benzos harm and change must happen. Numbers are creeping up as people come forward, thank you. The American petition is similar but please sign both lets spread the word in a concerted effort.

Morreweg, I feel if people can post here then they can sign the petition if they feel strongly enough? I would like this posted elsewhere but don't want to infringe any rules!

[54...]

I would like a petition worth presenting and taking along to the Conference in September but it's slow. It does make me wonder if a Benzo problem really does exist or if it's just a few of us making a lot of noise 😊.  I've spread the word to as many groups and places that I know of but in a week there's only 243 signatures....What is this telling us? It's certainly not adding weight to the problem that I'm sure really does exist. Ah Well so be it. I'm sorry if it's just another damp squib in the whole Benzo story but I'm determined to make something work. I can't do this alone though.

I would like a petition worth presenting and taking along to the Conference in September but it's slow. It does make me wonder if a Benzo problem really does exist or if it's just a few of us making a lot of noise 😊.  I've spread the word to as many groups and places that I know of but in a week there's only 243 signatures....What is this telling us? It's certainly not adding weight to the problem that I'm sure really does exist. Ah Well so be it. I'm sorry if it's just another damp squib in the whole Benzo story but I'm determined to make something work. I can't do this alone though.

I think most people just want to forget their Benzo-trauma and get

on with their lives. Some might be having financial struggles after this....

lots of effort to rebuild and start from scratch all over again...

[54...]
Then nobody must complain that this is allowed to happen. It will go on happening while they get on with their lives. I'm living my life while still trying to be heard.

Then nobody must complain that this is allowed to happen. It will go on happening while they get on with their lives. I'm living my life while still trying to be heard.

I agree with you, just posted it on my Blog and wonder....

Hi Claudia, hi Beth

I am sorry that the petition is not attracting much interest.  At least 10 of those who have signed are my friends who have no real interest in benzos apart from me!  The lack of signatures puzzles me too. 

I do believe that only a minority suffer a great deal because of these drugs.  Although millions of prescriptions are issued, most folk presumably do not see benzos as a problem.  After all, I didn't really see them as a problem for 40 years thinking my ill health was a depressive illness or worse, just me!

I don't buy your theory written above, Claudia, as it only takes a minute to sign a petition.  I can understand that most folk won't want to write a book or campaign or even write a success story. Going over the whole experience again is upsetting.

It is best not to get despondent.  We just never know where all this may lead.  A book, a conference, a petition, eventually something might just set another snowball rolling.

I do believe the momentum is already building up.  Benzos possibly linked to cancer and Alzheimer's.  The whole question mark now hanging over psych drugs. To be fair, the UK govt has reduced benzo prescribing a lot and action plans are in place to reduce the nos of patients already on benzos. But no support for those in protracted withdrawal.  Then there is the possibility of the lawsuit but that will be a long time coming to fruition I suspect..

I am now writing my life story but not sure if it will be long enough for a book.  We will see.  :thumbsup:

Folk complain all the time about everything but how often do they actually do something to try to make a change.  I guess it is the same with benzo users.

We can only make a contribution to what is already happening out there, but a valuable contribution nevertheless. 

So keep up the great work you are both doing and see where it leads.

Hugs

Fiona  :smitten:

I guess you must be right Fiona, I've also posted it on

Community news.

This thread here has been viewed by 836 right now, must be a high

number of guests amongst them ....I wonder.

Good job Fiona, I'll sure be reading your book if I get the chance...

my credit card is ready for you. ;):smitten:

Wow, thanks, Claudia.

Money back guarantee if not fully satisfied.  :thumbsup:

You probably know most of it ......

Discount to BBs .....

Free to friends ........

e-publishing looks interesting ..... lots to learn ....

Fiona  :smitten:

[54...]
I'm now writing from a place of healing and knowing how all this really does get better I just want to help others. I want to see recognition and action For the suffering caused by Benzos in my lifetime. My book is well underway but not sure if it will ever be published. My website pages have received well over 30,000 hits so somehow the word will be spread and perhaps this time some of us, however few, can make a difference 👍🌹

I'm now writing from a place of healing and knowing how all this really does get better I just want to help others. I want to see recognition and action on all this in my lifetime. My book is well underway but not sure if it will ever be published. My website pages have received well over 30,000 hits so somehow the word will be spread and perhaps this time some of us, however few, can make a difference 👍🌹

:thumbsup::smitten:

We should get this going in the US, too. I wonder if it's something you could generate a lot of signatures by using a site like IMGUR. Not sure if any of you have heard of it but you can post stories on there and if it gets enough views/upvotes it will go to the front page where it can be seen by hundreds of thousands. I have seen stories on IMGUR and Reddit make it on the news. Just a thought.

I'm now writing from a place of healing and knowing how all this really does get better I just want to help others. I want to see recognition and action For the suffering caused by Benzos in my lifetime. My book is well underway but not sure if it will ever be published. My website pages have received well over 30,000 hits so somehow the word will be spread and perhaps this time some of us, however few, can make a difference 👍🌹

I am sure your book will be a success, Beth.

30,000 hits is amazing,  :thumbsup:

Makes lack of signatures more puzzling!