Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Benzodiazepine Scandal PETITION PLEASE SIGN

[7b...]

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [Mo...]

• [Te...]

• [...]

there are a few spelling mistakes, I think this is important if you want to spread the word.

Therapeutic, losing, families

Don't know if there are other mistakes. But maybe check this out

[7b...]
The spelling mistakes have been corrected. Its been taken from an American counterpart's petition and I didn't read through properly so many thanks for that. Please keep the sgnatures coming as this is so important for all of us.  :)

Thanks for setting this up.  I have signed and posted on my Facebook Page.  I know some of my friends and family will sign.  Quite a lot of my friends not on Facebook so will email to them.

I am heartened that the NHS has a policy to reduce benzo dependence in all Health Board areas but this is likely to cause more folk to venture down the withdrawal road.  Recognition and support are needed.

Hugs

LF  :smitten:

BTW....just in case you are wondering what Madam from Austria

is doing here.  :laugh:

She has a British passport ...long story, Hampstead Heath.... ;)

[7b...]
Actually I am wondering if anybody from all over the world can sign as that would quickly mount up the signatures. I suppose it's really only of importance to those in the UK though?

I hope this will have impact!

I'm actually pretty sure that co-pilot from Germany crashed because of his benzo problems.

He took benzodiazepines and anti depressants they say. Had been to 41 doctors in 5 years. Had vision problems and sleeping problems, and

no one could connect the dots. (sounds familiar huh?)

This needs to stop!

Have emailed petition to ALL my friends and relatives!  Wish I had more!  >:( >:(>:(

Maybe I can think of a few more ..........

Sent to cousins in Australia.  They will sign for MY sake.  No reason why it has to be just folk in the UK.

It will be interesting to see how many signatures it gets.  :thumbsup:

Hugs

I signed it even though I'm in the U.S. The more info bombarding social media, news sites, etc., the better!

Thanks for posting!!

Wondering if thread title should say "petition".  Some buddies may not read it and think it is a report or similar.

Just a thought.

I hope this will have impact!

I'm actually pretty sure that co-pilot from Germany crashed because of his benzo problems.

He took benzodiazepines and anti depressants they say. Had been to 41 doctors in 5 years. Had vision problems and sleeping problems, and

no one could connect the dots. (sounds familiar huh?)

This needs to stop!

"Police searching Lubitz's flat last week reportedly found a "small mountain of pills," suggesting he may not have been taking his medication."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/medical-records-germanwings-co-pilot-was-on-heavy-anti-depressant-drugs-2015-4#ixzz3d5WF07mQ

Might have been in withdrawal.

It is so sad, so tragic, whatever the cause.

LF

He had a known history of severe mental illness and was not taking his medication -- to avoid losing his job apparently.

[7b...]

Thanks to all those that signed. Please sign with your names as 'anonymous' won't count. If you don't want to be identified then better not to sign. Thanks.

I feel it needs everyone to come forward about this as there have been many attempts in the past to get recognition in the UK but these have failed. Unless people are willing to stand up and be counted then it's a battle lost before its begun.

I received a letter from the PMs office today in reply to my own just referring me to the Dept of Health. Not had much joy there either. Somehow this has to be shouted from the rooftops if we're to be heard!

Thanks for your support. ❤️

Thanks for doing this.

Emailed all my friends yesterday.  Forgot to add link to petition!  :idiot:

Emailed them all again.  :thumbsup:

I am planning to write to all GP practices in Aberdeen when I am a bit further down the road and head is a bit clearer.

Just to highlight protracted benzo withdrawal.  Maybe you could do something similar in your area.

Hugs

Signed  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am planning to write to all GP practices in Aberdeen when I am a bit further down the road and head is a bit clearer.

That's an awesome idea, LF  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Signed  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's an awesome idea, LF  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Julz.  :thumbsup:

I have secured 10 signatures so far!  :thumbsup:

KernowBeth, I'm curious to know why our votes won't count if we click the portion that says we want to remain anonymous. I've signed many, many petitions on other websites in the past, and as far as I know, my votes have always counted whether or not I chose to remain anonymous.

Can you please give me a reason why, with this particular petition, a vote would not be counted? Why would there be the option to remain anonymous if the vote isn't counted because of that reason?